Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, only in my dreams
Thanks again to Angelauthor14, I appreciate you girl
The Pretty Bird

The three educators stood in the Headmaster's office dazed and silent, much as they had done two days before. Merlin however made himself comfortable by conjuring a pot of tea and a plate of cakes, which he offered to them.

Severus declined, stating that he needed to check on Harry and left for his quarters. Albus and Minerva sat and joined Merlin for tea.

Minerva spoke, "I still don't quite comprehend the concept of Indigo Children, or why we need to change the school. Hogwarts has remained as it is since it was founded more than a thousand years ago. Our students receive the finest education in witchcraft and wizardry, why can't we teach these children as we always have?"

"Minerva," said Merlin, "the world is going to be changing. These children are our future, they are here to lead us into a new golden age where love will triumph over fear and awareness will triumph over ignorance. Their gifts and their intentions are discerned from birth. If they are interested in a subject they will soak up the knowledge like a sponge, because of this they will be very advanced in their areas of interest."

He continued, "You will find that they will respond much better if you treat them like respected adults. As I told you before, they demand honesty. When they are confronted with a problem they will create the experience they need to help with the problem, or with the area in which they need to grow. They do this because they learn best by experiencing life.  We have got to create the environment they need to achieve their full potential and while Hogwarts has been, and still is, the best school of its kind in existence, it simply will not work for the Indigos as it is."

Albus looked at Minerva and smiled, "We can do this. Imagine what these children are going to be able to accomplish, Minnie! We have a few years to prepare and I believe that you will see that the Council knows what they are doing. If these Indigos can make our world a better place, then it is up to us to help them in any way we can."

There was silence in the room for a few minutes as Minerva thought it over. Then she said, "I suppose you are right. I am going to go to London to find some muggle books on the subject. We are going to need them if we are going to do this properly."

She stood up and after grabbing a handful of floo powder from the small bowl on the mantle she stepped into the fireplace and said "The Leaky Cauldron," leaving the two aged wizards enjoying their tea.

While Albus, Minerva and Merlin were discussing the future Severus was dealing with the present.

Upon entering his quarters he headed straight for the nursery, where he found the two house elves and their young charge, Harry. But the nursery did not look the same; the Disney characters had been replaced with all sorts of magical creatures flying among clouds. There were dragons, hippogriffs and many others flying all over the walls.

Daisy spoke up, "Master Professor, young Master Harry is being such a smart young one! He is waving his hands and the walls is being changed."

Harry, in the meantime, had spotted his new father and was hiding behind Dobby. He didn't know this man well enough yet to trust him, but he remembered Dobby and knew that Dobby would take care of him.

Realizing this Dobby picked him up and handed him to Severus, who was still in a state of shock upon hearing Harry had actually performed wandless magic. Everyone knew young witches and wizards sometimes performed accidental magic, but this was different, this was done intentionally! He carried the baby out into the living area and sat on the couch in front of the fire with him on his lap.

"Harry, you certainly managed to surprise me," he said. "I can hardly believe that someone your age actually did that." Seeing tears well up in the green eyes that were staring up at him he continued, "Oh no son, you are not in trouble. I'm not angry with you. As a matter of fact young man I think what you did is wonderful! I can't wait for you to be old enough for me to teach you more magic."

He called Daisy and asked her to bring some toys and sat Harry down on the rug to play with them so that he could work on grading some papers that he had left upon his desk. After working for a while he stopped and sat watching the baby play. He noticed that Harry was looking at a crystal phoenix that was sitting on a high shelf on the other side of the room. As he was congratulating himself that the statue was out of reach of small hands one of those small hands waved and the phoenix rose and floated across the room to the child who was sitting there guiding it.

As the new daddy sat there with his jaw dropped open Harry looked up at him and suddenly smiled a huge smile. Snape had not seen a smile on the baby's face since they had brought him to Hogwarts and was amazed that a smile could contain such beauty and joy, especially coming from a child who had lived through everything this small boy had. It was as if the sun had come out from behind the clouds. Severus's eyes shined and twinkled and he looked as if he had been given the world.

Severus ran to the fireplace and floo-called to Dumbledore's office. "Albus, come quickly. I need to show you something right now!"

Albus and Merlin came through the fireplace right away. They found Snape beside himself with excitement and Harry sitting on the floor with a crystal statue in his small hands.

"Albus, the boy can do wand-less magic!" Snape yelled. "Look at him, he summoned the phoenix from that high shelf over the fireplace! And he redecorated his room too!"

By now Harry was beginning to feel afraid. His new daddy was yelling and Harry was afraid that he was going to be put into a cupboard. His little face lost its smile and large tears started rolling down his cheeks. He had only wanted to look at the pretty bird; he wasn't going to hurt it. Maybe if he put it back he wouldn't be in trouble anymore. So thinking, he waved his hand again and the phoenix floated back across the room to its original position while the three wizards stood there amazed.

"Well Severus," said Merlin, "you are certainly going to need to learn about Indigos because you definitely have one here. His aura is a little weak right now because of the neglect he has suffered, but this child is one of the new kids."