Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning: A certain pup gets a spanking.
Problems in Class

Severus entered his quarters an hour or so later after the interrogation of his godson. It had been somewhat lengthy. The headmaster had wanted to ask every question imaginable. Oddly enough Draco had known little of the dark lord's plans or of his whereabouts.

Severus assumed Lucius would've have crowed hourly about all the tasks presented to him by the Dark lord. He certainly bragged to other Deatheaters every chance he got and was smug to boot.

Draco confessed under Veritaserum that he would hold true to the side of the light. Later after the effects wore off he admitted that he'd rather not fight given that he had friends and family on the opposing side.

The headmaster then told him that that was the way of it when fighting wars. He then promised to protect Draco as well as his mother should she choose as Draco had.

Severus told Draco of his plans to keep him over the holidays for some project, assigned by another teacher, to keep Draco from going home. This would allow him time to emancipate himself secretly without being disinherited first. It could also keep him out of danger for a bit longer considering his father's temper.

Draco accepted and left to post a discreet missive to his personal accountant.

Thinking on missives Severus wrote two to Potter's friends informing them that their friend would be in classes from now on and in his other form. They were to act as though they didn't know him for his own safety. He threatened that if they revealed him through accident he would ground them into ingredients for his potions.

Now Severus was in his living area and seated in his favorite chair when he recalled Potter had been napping and probably was no longer.

He rose quickly and went down the hall. There was his elf Weeble.

"No ones left sirs. I's have kept my post." The little elf said with a salute to his forehead.

"Very good Weeble, stand aside for a moment." Severus told him.

He entered the room only to find it empty.

Anger quickly suffused him.

Where is that blasted child? I knew I should have confiscated that invisibility cloak!

"Weeble, you didn't notice a wolf pup leaving did you?" Severus voiced that possibility. He hadn't made his instructions detailed enough.

"No sirs, nothing has left the room sirs." He said nervously.

Severus nodded and said, "That is all Weeble."

With a pop the elf was gone.

After spelling the lights on, Severus stepped into the room. He looked fully around, nothing appeared out of place save for a missing blanket. Wait...

The closet door was slightly cracked. He went to open it more fully and there, wrapped in the missing blanket and lying on a pillow from his bed, was Potter.

Severus' anger cooled only to be followed by confusion.

What's he doing in here when he has a perfectly good bed over there? Something's not right here and the only way to find out is through questioning.

Severus picked the boy up along with his blanket and carried him over to his bed. He debated on waking the child up. It was nearly lunch time.

In his musings Severus failed to realize that he was cradling the small boy in the crook of his arm.  

Taking too long to make a decision normally decided it for you. Potter began waking, to Severus' horror, still in his arms.

He quickly placed the child in a seated position at the head of the bed and waited while the boy rubbed at his eyes.

"Where am I?" Potter started.

Is this a ploy? What is he trying to pull here?

 "You are in my quarters Potter. You arrived here early this morning when I fetched you from the infirmary. I put you to bed when you threw that little tantrum of yours earlier."

A blush quickly covered the boys face at a rapid pace.

Now he remembers. I suppose the new surroundings for a five year old would result in short term memory loss.

"I don't know what came over me but you were mean!" he said angrily then covered his mouth with his small hand. He looked surprised that he would've said such a thing.

Severus raised an eyebrow at the tone Potter was giving him. Then he thought about what he'd said to garner the hysterics from earlier. Oh... he'd said that this arrangement had been forced on him right before Potter had lost his mind.

Well, that was a bit harsh he supposed. In turn one could interpret it as saying he didn't want the child, which in this case was true. Saying this to a five year old though was just cruel.

Severus had had something of an epiphany then. Where was the pleasure of tormenting a five year old? Granted it was Potter, but really it wasn't anymore. Before him sat a scared little boy who looked on the verge of tears again.

As if Severus had read the child's mind that is just what the little boy did. He covered his face with his two little hands and then buried his head into his knees drawing them into his body.

 Severus was disturbed. This show of pain was difficult to view. What had he done before to shut Potter up?

He remembered.

He picked Potter up and placed him in his lap then rubbed the boy's back in soothing circles.

At first the boy had stilled. Probably anticipating another smack but then realized that he was being comforted. At that he collapsed into his professor sobbing.

I must be doing this wrong and why must he always cry? Severus thought.

Potter clung about his middle per usual. Maybe he could talk the boy into calming down.

"That's enough Mr. Potter. You're going to make yourself sick. I'm not angry with you anymore." Severus realized he truly meant it.

Had he ever been mad at this boy? He was angry at a different person, someone who was no longer here. Well really he was just angry at himself for never being able to take what he wanted or letting those he loved slip away from him.

"Mr. Potter if you can calm yourself we could go to the dining room to eat lunch." Severus said.

He took a few deep breaths and rubbed at his eyes a few more times.

Finally the child stopped crying.

"Good boy, let's get us something to eat shall we?" Severus said noting the shocked look on the boys face at the word ‘good' directed towards him.

This would probably be more amusing then degrading the child. Severus thought wryly.

He set Potter on the floor then said, "Follow me."

Severus walked out of the room with a small Potter following after like a duckling.

*****

Harry sat at the table across from his guardian. They were apparently having something different than what everyone else in the great hall was having. Snape had told him the name of the dish but for the life of him Harry couldn't be bothered trying to remember French.

All he knew was that it involved fish and tartar sauce with small wedged scalloped potatoes. He wanted to tell his professor that ‘here in the United Kingdom it was known as fish and chips and would he please pass the ketchup?' Instead he held his tongue and took small bites. It was seasoned funny.

"Mr. Potter, sit up straight and eat more of the fish." Snape said without half the bark.

Generally Harry would've told him ‘he knew how to sit and would he mind his own business' but he was uncertain how that would go over, what with the new rules and all.

This was all so confusing. Harry knew that earlier Snape had comforted him again but what was wrong with the world? When was Voldemort gonna pop out of thin air and offer him a handshake and say, "Let's let bygones be bygones old chap, hmmm?"

Seriously, something was wrong.

Harry was pushing the last of his fish around when Snape interrupted with, "We should be getting to class, finish up and we'll go."

"What?"

"We're going to class and I do not like repeating myself Potter. Pay attention." Snape said with frustration.

"How can I go like this? I'll be the laughing stock of the school and didn't Dumbledore want me kept secret?" Harry asked.

"If you would do as you're told you would discover why adults tell you what to do in the first place. Now go clean up in the restroom then come out to the living area. We need to have a discussion." Snape said.

Harry groaned. Was this for earlier? Snape hadn't yet assigned a punishment for having a fit. Well, all he could do now was go and clean himself up. His hands and face were a bit of a mess and the napkin at the table had just smeared stuff in. His dexterity must have left him when he de-aged.

He entered the bathroom down from his room and went to wash up only realizing then that he couldn't reach the sink. He could go and ask Snape for help or he could climb up onto the counter and sit by the bowl.

He put his hands out to both sides of him weighing his options. Sitting by the sink won. He put his hands on the counter and started to pull himself up when he was surprised by a swift swat to his bottom which caused him to lose his balance falling back into waiting arms.

Snape was behind him and had dealt the offending smack.

"What did I tell you about endangering your life?" He said angrily while he set Harry to rights.

"Not to?" Harry said meekly while rubbing the sting out.

"You are to ask if you need assistance Potter. Now what do you say?" Snape asked.

"I'm sorry?" Harry tried.

"Yes, that's a start but what else?" Snape asked.

Harry didn't know what he was talking about at first.

"Oh, could you...help me sir?" Harry asked, finally understanding what the man wanted.

"Gryffindors," Snape murmured. 

"Slytherins don't ask for help or at least none that I know of!" Harry said offended.

"Maybe not, but they get their help in a roundabout fashion. Stand aside Potter." Snape said as he shrunk the sink.

It was now down to the perfect level for Harry. Snape went on to shrink the toilet and tub as well.

"Thank you professor." Harry said when he finished.

Snape looked surprised but nodded at the gratitude given him.

"Hurry along then Potter, we've got things to discuss and classes to attend."

Harry washed up quickly and half ran to the living area forgetting that he could be in trouble. He sat in his spot on the couch waiting for Snape to come over.

He came from a room that Harry hadn't been to yet and sat in the chair across from him. It was much like earlier but not as close.

"We will discuss your behavior from earlier after dinner tonight. We are going to class and you will wear this." Snape said as he brought out what looked like a collar.

"Is that what I think it is?" Harry asked somewhat shocked.

"Unless you think that it is a magical collar that fixes your Animagus form, than yes." Snape said somewhat sarcastically.

"I'll be in my form throughout the class day? I'm not even sure I know how to act like a wolf." Harry said a bit anxious.

 "You must remain by my side until the headmaster can find you a tutor. Even then you will still have to accompany me for a few classes. Until then you'll have to come to all of them. As to your acting abilities, just let your instincts take over for now." Snape said.

As if Harry knew what instincts he was talking about.

"I'm sure we know of someone who could teach you animal characteristics for the meantime you'll just have to make do with what you know of dogs." He continued.

Harry brightened thinking that person could be Sirius. Then thinking on what he knew of dogs he blanched. The only dogs he'd known were horrible pit bulls that Dudley's aunt had set on him for amusement.

These thoughts must've shown on his face because Snape was asking him a question.

"You've encountered some type of dog before haven't you?"

"Yeah," Harry said.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, I mean yes sir." Harry fixed.

"How did they act?" Snape asked.

"Mean," Harry blurted by mistake.

"Isn't your godfather a mutt?" Snape asked confused.

"Oh yeah!" Harry exclaimed.

He could act like Padfoot, though something told him that Snape wouldn't appreciate that.

Snape was talking to him so Harry refocused.

"Well, all you have to do is walk. Just don't do anything human and for Merlin's sake, don't run up to those friends of yours. Ignore them for the duration of class." Snape said.

"I can't do that! Ron will hate me." Harry said affronted.

"I've already sent them a missive concerning the situation. They already know to ignore you. Besides, your cover story is that you are my new familiar given to me by a batty relative. I will leak that bit of information after classes today. As you should know once someone is bonded to a familiar by law you cannot get rid of it."

Harry didn't know that but he gave a nod. Snape snorted looking skeptical. He probably doubted Harry knew anything.

"Here now, this will help you transform. Try walking around a bit at first." Snape said putting the collar around Harry's neck.

Harry allowed it looking forward to changing. Though being smaller wasn't as appealing as one would think. Hopefully it wouldn't take him too many years to grow.

He was sitting on the couch in his wolf form in a blink of an eye. He looked at Snape and then scents seemed to bombard him from every direction.

Tangy smells and offensive smells seemed to come from down the hall where Snape had come from earlier. Snape himself had an herbal smell about him, that and a burnt smell which probably came from making potions.

 Harry cocked his head to one side as he thought about each new smell.

"That is a human gesture." Snape told him.

Harry righted his head and barked at Snape.

"I'm going to assume you just thanked me. Now, go walk about like I told you."

Harry hopped down and walked around. He really hadn't got much of a chance to really see to his abilities in this form. He picked up the pace by running from the door to the other side of the room. To his surprise it was great fun. He discovered that doing this around the sofa was great as well. He made sharp turns and yipped as he went.

Apparently Snape had had enough because he suddenly put a foot out to stop Harry's circuit. He tumbled a bit and popped back up to bark angrily at the git.

Snape picked him up by the collar and said, "That is enough frolicking. We need to get to class." Then he tucked Harry under his left arm and walked over to the dining table. He collected a textbook from there and then headed out the door.

Harry tried to convey that he could walk on his own through telepathy and barking but apparently Snape couldn't understand either.

"You will be quiet this instant. When we reach class you will sit under my desk. I will allow you to stretch between classes. If you make a noise you will regret it. Do you understand?" Snape asked.

Harry gave a quiet bark saying that he did. It also meant that he wouldn't like it.

"Good."

They arrived at the classroom a few minutes later. Snape put Harry down noticing that no one was around. They also hadn't seen anyone along the way there.

Snape walked to his desk and waved his wand while casting a conjuring spell. Then he indicated that Harry should get under it if he knew what was good for him. All said with his eyes strangely enough.

Harry trotted across the cold stone floor to the man's desk at the front. He was surprised when he found a walled rounded cushion just his size. He looked up at the professor asking if it was meant for him with a little "woof?"

 "Yes, now get in it. I may be able to find something to amuse you tomorrow till then amuse yourself quietly." Snape said.

What is there to amuse myself with? Harry thought grumpily.

"Before I forget, I need to cast a glamour over your fur in the area shaped like a scar." Snape said.

He gathered Harry in his hands and placed him in his lap.

"Be still." He commanded.

Harry wondered if rolling his tongue out would be interpreted correctly.

Snape murmured the charm and Harry figured it was done because the man put him back in his little bed.

He sat there while Snape scratched a quill to page for some minutes before Harry heard voices from beyond the classroom door.

Finally, people to listen to, there's something to do! He thought.

With his heightened hearing he could listen to conversations he normally wouldn't be privy to.

They were coming in the door now. He was tilting his head to listen better when Snape bellowed out, "To your seats and turn to page one hundred and ninety three."

Drat! That's right, you can't whisper in this class without being caught. You can't even pass letters. Snape's ruining all my fun!

As the students entered Harry heard some familiar voices. This was his class the Gryffindor-Slytherin group.

He wished there was some way to just get a glimpse of his mates. Would he ever be able to talk to them again? He highly doubted that Snape would allow him any small bit of happiness.

He sat there wallowing in his thoughts while Snape droned on about Wurd Root and all its properties. The sound of the man's voice was making him drowsy. He got up to make three little circles before he settled down curling his limbs and his head into the shape of his bed. He was out like a light.

*****

Severus had just finished lecturing and had assigned the students to the practical work. He went to his desk to grade essays when he looked in on Potter. The boy was sound asleep curled up in his little bed.

Typical, though I suppose he would have done that in either form, the dunderhead. Severus thought.

Well, he would have to think of something to occupy the boy's time. Sleeping throughout the day was not healthy. Though really, what could he do in that form while sitting under his desk? Perhaps he could get him small texts to read from.

The boy would possibly be able to sit there in his human form if he never left from under the desk. That would give him use of his hands so he could do school work.

It was risky and somewhat dangerous. Though he highly doubted any student would dare come behind his desk while he was not present.

All it would take though was Potter saying something or making a noise and one of the Gryffindors would brave death to rescue whatever live potion ingredient he had trapped under there.

This just was just something Severus would have to put more thought into.

He looked up to scan the room. The children were just now conjuring the fire to go under their cauldrons. They had to set the base liquid before and already, despite being in their fifth year, there were some students who decided this step wasn't crucial.

Idiots! Really, why are there only two gifted students in this lot? Severus thought angrily.

He got up quickly to go and crack some skulls or correct mistakes as he called it.

*****

Harry woke up after his quick nap. He sat up and stretched his front legs out in front of him, then gave a great yawn.

Huh? I guess dogs yawn too. Harry thought.

He saw that Snape was not in front of him. He listened to ascertain the man's whereabouts.

He was walking about the classroom making snide comments about this or that. In one case reducing poor Neville into a stuttering fool.

Harry restrained himself from growling.

Stupid git! He's always belittling people. If he'd just be nice once and a while and teach differently.

Harry was upset but he started thinking about why the man was mean a lot of the time.

 Maybe no one ever taught him how to be nice. He's an adult so he gets away with it. Since he watches me then I guess I'll have to be the one to teach him how to be nice.

He'd have to do it subtly though. Snape wouldn't like being nice at first. Harry would have to think of small things to start with.

He'd been pacing in the tiny space below the desk when suddenly he stopped. He hadn't used the restroom before coming to class and now he really needed to. What could he do?

He certainly couldn't go right here beneath the desk and Snape had said not to make a noise. He had also said that Harry could stretch between classes which could include a restroom break hypothetically but he couldn't wait that long.

As far as he could tell, this class lasted another half hour.

His pacing became frantic. He was debating running out but that would get him nowhere fast. What's more Snape would probably skin him alive.

He was close to his breaking point when a familiar pair of legs appeared before him. The person they belonged to abruptly sat down.

Great! Now how can I convey to Snape that I have to use the restroom? Save from peeing on him directly?

*****

Severus walked over to his desk after degrading every other Gryffindor. He had glared at his Slytherins who were having trouble. There should have been no problems there.  He'd personally partnered the smarter snakes with the less than smarter ones.

After giving the whole class a once over, to make sure there were no more fools mucking about, he sat.

He was about to grab a quill and grade another classes work when he felt what he assumed was a wet nose go up his pant leg.

Has Potter lost his mind? He nearly raged aloud.

The feeling had been surprising and if he hadn't had excellent control over his body he probably would've jumped out of his own skin.

He looked down at the culprit contemplating a wrap on the nose for his insolence when he saw that the pup was frantic upon giving him a message of some sort.

The boy was bouncing on his heels and crossing his legs.

Wait! That is a human gesture. Hmmm...Oh! How can I take him now? Why didn't he go before we left?

Severus was furious. Surprisingly he was angrier with himself for not remembering a five year old bladder was infinitely smaller than a fifteen year old bladder.

I suppose he would have been revealed anyways at supper. Severus mused.

The only students at the stasis stage were Draco and Granger. It would be suspicious if he allowed Granger to take him. It would have to be Draco though he would have to tell him to not let Potter run away from him.

 He quietly whispered beneath the desk, "You will go with Draco, stay with him if you ever want to sit again." He threatened.

He didn't look for a response. He called Draco to his desk.

"Draco, I have a task that only you can perform." He started.

Draco leaned close as though Severus were giving him a secret mission.

"I need for you to take my familiar outside to use the restroom." He stated plainly.

Draco raised an eyebrow as though to say that was beneath him but then nodded to the request.

"Where is it?" He asked.

"Come out," was all Severus said to the pup beneath the desk.

Severus scooped him up with ease and plopped him in Draco's arms.

"Go quickly unless you want evidence of an accident on your robes." Severus warned him.

Draco rolled his eyes but spun about to start walking out of the classroom.

The squeal that erupted from every female student in the classroom was nearly deafening once people got sight of Potter.

Severus didn't know if pups could grin but this one for certain could. He was also barking excitedly.

Severus ran a hand slowly down his face. He would never be able to live down this humiliation.

When Draco had turned with Potter in his arms Severus had noticed the Weasley brat nearly leaping to his feet only to be elbowed by the bushy haired girl beside him.

At least she had enough brains for the both of them.

So this incident just proved to add one more thing to Severus' mental check list: He must go to the bathroom before we leave my quarters.

Whispers started going around the room.

"Why was he under the desk?"

"You think he was a potion ingredient?"

"You'd think he'd hate things that were small and furry. Like he'd eat um for breakfast or something?" One insolent brat had the courage to say.

Severus removed his hand to see dozens of eyes staring at him curiously.

"Enough!" He roared.

"Get back to work this instant before I give all of you detention."

They scrambled for their supplies.

At least I can still strike fear into their very beings. My image isn't totally ruined. He thought.

*****

No good, no good. Harry thought. He had to go now. What could he do?

Malfoy was walking at a quick pace through the lower levels of the school but there were still flights of stairs to be climbed and a few hallways to traverse till they got outside.

There was a low potted plant coming up and it was Harry's second to last option. The last would be his death he was sure. Using the restroom on your enemy had a humorous ring to it but it also meant the end considering his current size.

He did what he'd wanted to do since he'd been placed in Malfoy's arms. He bit him on the wrist.

"Bloody Hell! I'll kill you, you flea bitten mutt!" Malfoy swore.

Harry ignored him as he was dropped and landed at a run. He went directly for the plant and lifted his leg. It was different then what he was used to but it didn't take a potion master to figure it out.

"If you weren't Severus' familiar I really would have you put to sleep. Now get over here you mongrel!" Malfoy hissed the last.

 Harry had finished his business feeling better. He almost hadn't made it. Malfoy was talking to him but Harry had other ideas. He figured he had at least ten minutes till they had to be back before Snape sent someone looking for them.

Malfoy was bending over to pick him back up when Harry dashed between his legs and ran down the hall. He could hear the teenager cursing behind him. He barked happily. Harry turned to look back and saw that the git was pointing his wand at him.

He looked forward and took a sharp left and tore down the hallway as quick as he could. Then he heard footsteps chasing after him.

Just ahead, one of the empty classroom doors appeared to be open. He dashed in and went behind the door to push it shut with his head placed against the wood.

When he finally got it shut he sat down to rest. All that running about had made him sleepy. He laid down on his belly, putting his head on his outstretched paws, to wait Malfoy out.

When Malfoy opened the door he'd dash between his legs again. The look on his face the first time had been great. This would be a good game to help pass the time.

The knob was jiggling now. Harry got into position to dash again his tail wagging behind him.

 The door opened to reveal a longer set of legs and a feline. It was Mr. Filch and his nosey cat Mrs. Norris.

"Well, well my dear look what we have here." Filch said to the cat.

Mrs. Norris arched her back and hissed at Harry.

He looked for a way out. Filch was standing with his feet together and Mrs. Norris wasn't but a foot away. He couldn't run between them or between the man's legs.

He was trapped.

"School rules state that all familiars are to be with their owner or in the dorms. So, we'll just have to collect you and take you down to our office until your master comes looking for you. They won't know to look for you down there though will they?"  Filch asked nastily.

Harry tried growling at them. It wasn't very convincing coming from such a young pup.

"None of that now. Mrs. Norris round him up." Filch commanded.

The cat started making its way over to him. They were about the same size and Harry figured he might have a chance in a fight.

He was wrong. Mrs. Norris was an old cat and she had experience fighting.

She went around Harry quickly confusing him. He turned to confront her with a bark and received a slash to his face for his efforts.

It had hurt. Harry was bleeding and scared now. He just wanted to be safe so he turned around and ran as quick as he could. The space where Mrs. Norris had been earlier was open now and he took that advantage.

Filch looked as if he was going to try and catch him but Harry leapt through his circling arms and out the door.

He was going pretty fast down the hallway when he felt a tugging on his body.

Filch can't do magic! What's going on? Harry wondered.

He turned his head in the direction of the pull and saw a body down the way.

It was Snape!

Frightened to death he would get the spanking of his life for not obeying the man, Harry tried to run despite the magic tugging at him.

It wasn't working though so Harry gave up and was scooted across the carpet towards the wizard in black. The whole process was uncomfortable and he was somewhat concerned that he'd end up with rug burn despite his fur.

He finally reached the man and was scooped up to come face to face with him.

"You are in a lot of trouble young man." Snape simply stated.

He then took a minute to look Harry over.

"What has happened to your face?"

Even though he was scared of what his punishment would be Harry whined pitifully. He was glad the man was there to fend off any senile janitors or mangy cats.

"If you'd just stayed with Draco this wouldn't have happened." He said as he waved his wand over the cut healing the laceration.

Harry barked trying to thank him.

"I don't care what you had in mind." Snape misunderstood him.

"I had to end class early to come looking for you. Did you know that just for your safety I put several charms on this collar so that only I or the headmaster could summon you or locate you? No of course you didn't that is why I'm telling you now."

Snape conjured a chair against the wall and sat down bringing Harry over his knee.

"If you had done what I'd told you in the first place I wouldn't have to do this." He said.

He can't change me back in the middle of the hallway. What's he gonna do? Harry thought nervously.

Snape pulled out a thin rolled up newspaper from his robes and waved it front of Harry's face.

That probably won't be so bad. It's just newspaper. Harry thought.

But he'd been wrong before.

The first swat was directed swiftly to his bottom. That had hurt. He hadn't meant to make a noise but it had surprised him. He yelped.

The swats got a bit firmer and were applied to his hind legs and where his tail connected to his bottom.  He was barking now and wiggling trying to get free but it was no use. Snape had an iron grip on his upper body.

After what seemed like eternity but in reality were around twelve smacks Snape stopped.

"From now on Mr. Potter I suggest you listen and obey me." He said as he set Harry on the floor.

Harry's bottom hurt and he showed it by whimpering. He tried to rub his bottom on the carpet to ease the soreness but that made it worse. He continued to yelp with tears rolling down his face.

"We are adding this to the discussion pile when we get back to my rooms after supper, now calm yourself Potter."

Harry couldn't. He'd just wanted a bit of fun which had turned into another misadventure. Maybe he really did need someone to look after him and tell him what to do.

He put his paws on the man's leg hoping he'd get the message and pick him up. He wanted to be cuddled for some reason.

Snape figured it out and leaned over to pick him up.

"I did not enjoy doing that Potter, not at all. It is a deterrent meant to keep you from misbehaving. Do you understand?" Snape asked gently surprising Harry.

Harry nodded his head and stuffed his head in the crook of the man's arm.

"Good. Now let us go to supper. We could both do with a bite to eat."

Snape banished his chair with a flourish and headed towards the great hall carrying the pup in his arms.

Harry was hungry now that he thought about it. He wondered what he could eat in front of everyone in the Great Hall and if he'd be terribly embarrassed the whole time.  

Well, he was a dog and they could eat with their faces.

This could be great! He thought.

Chapter End Notes:
I know Harry cries a lot. He's getting used to his new body and he's a bit emotional right now. The next chapter might take some time to get out what with Christmas coming up. It will involve the discussion I keep putting off between Severus and Harry. I really enjoy the reveiws I've received, thanks so much!