Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Condolences

Potter,

I need to speak with you in my office before the feast. I will be there all afternoon. Be sure to come.

Professor Snape

That sounds alright, Snape thought to himself. He gave it to an owl and it flew into the distance.

---------

Harry was sitting in his four poster bed when an owl arrived. There was a short note from Snape that said he wanted to talk to Harry. Why would that git want to talk to me? Harry thought to himself. Well I probably should go I don’t want to make him mad at me for no reason. Harry walked out of his room and into the common room.

"Where are you going Harry?" Hermione asked.

"I have to go talk to someone. I'll see you at the feast."

"Who are you going to talk to, mate?" Ron asked.

"I'll tell you at the feast."

And with that the portrait swung open and Harry walked out. He headed toward the dungeon, not sure what to expect from Snape and wondering why Snape wanted to talk to him. He arrived at the door of Snape's office. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Snape answered.

"You wanted to see me Professor?" Harry asked.

"Ah. Yes I did. First I'm extremely sorry to hear about your godfather-"

"You don’t care that he's gone your probably happy. You hated him!" Harry shouted.

"I'm not happy that he is dead but you're right- I did hate him but we were on the same side and all the same I am sorry that he is dead. I know how much he meant to you."

"Since when do you care about me?"

"Since I know what its like to have no one to turn to when you need help. My mother died just before I went to Hogwarts and my dad was a muggle much like your uncle."

"Oh. I'm sorry, sir."

"I don’t want or need your sympathy Potter. Now on to more important matters. Dumbledore would tell you this himself but he is busy right now. You will be spending most of your summer at Headquarters where we will continue Occlumency lessons. However, in July you will be permitted to go to the Burrow to visit the Weasleys."

"Yes, sir but don’t I have to go back to my aunt's house because of the blood protection?"

"You will have to take that up with the Headmaster. He has yet to share that information with me, but I would venture a guess that he feels that there are more important things than the blood protection. We will not only be working on Occlumency, but we will be working on your dueling skills as well." Snape answered.

"Will you be staying at Headquarters as well?"

"Yes, Potter I will be. Now I think its time for you to head down to the feast. You don’t want your friends to worry about you."

Harry left Snape's office and headed towards the Great Hall. He thought about the conversation he had just had with Snape, wondering why he suddenly was being nice. (well not exactly nice but nice for him). Harry arrived at the Great Hall and saw Hermione and Ron already there.

"Where were you, mate?"

Harry mumbled something incoherent.

"We can't understand what you." said Hermione.

"I was in the dungeons, talking to Snape."

"And why were you talking to that greasy git?" Ron asked.

"He sent me a note right after lunch and I figured there was no need to get on his bad side so I went. On the bright side I don’t have to go back to the Dursley's. I get to stay at Headquarters and eventually I'll get to come to the Burrow."

"That’s awesome mate. We can play Quidditch!"