Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Yep, folks. That makes two fainting Snapes now in my story. I just think that neither of them expected that big of a shock all at once, and couldn’t handle it. Anyhow, on to the story…
Chapter 10

Ennervate,” Harry said, grateful that his tutor had taught him the anti-Stunning charm.

Severus awoke, stood up, and rubbed the back of his head before saying, “You’re my little Harry? My baby boy who I have missed all these years?”

“Yes, Dad, I’m Harry,” he said. “You and Mum must really think a lot alike, because you sent William to the same Quidditch camp that Mum, Aunt Alice, and Aunt Molly sent Neville, Fred, George, Ron, and me to.”

“Well, you know what they say about great minds, don’t you?” Severus joked, his voice thick with emotion.

“Yes, well,” Harry said quickly. “I really have enjoyed the time I have been able to spend with you, Dad, but I just spoke with William. We have a problem with Mum…”

~-~-~-~

“Harry!” Lily called out.

“Yeah, Mum?” William replied, wondering just what in Merlin’s name he should expect to hear come out of his mother’s mouth.

“Come downstairs a minute – I would like to talk to you without shouting where the whole neighbourhood can hear us!”

William went downstairs to the living room and sat down across from his mother. “Yes, Mum?”

“As you probably know, Lord Potter has asked me out to supper in Venice. You will be staying here; would you like to stay with Aunt Petunia or Aunt Alice?”

“Aunt Petunia’s, and can Neville come over?” William responded. He really needed Neville’s help filling Dudley in on everything. They would have done so sooner, but Vernon won a two-week trip to Majorca and they were just getting back.

“May Neville come over, and you will have to ask Aunt Petunia. It is her house, after all,” Lily said, automatically correcting her son’s grammar. “Why don’t you go over and ask her while I get ready?”

“Alright, Mum!” William said before rising and heading out to go next door to his aunt’s house.

~-~-~-~

“You’re telling me that James bloody Potter has my wife under some kind of love potion or spell and is trying to woo her?” Severus snapped.

“Yes, Dad. That is exactly what I am trying to tell you. William told me that earlier. Lord Potter is taking Mum to supper at some restaurant in Venice that he owns, and is likely going to pop the question, relying on his potion to get her to say yes,” Harry exclaimed.

“How exactly have you been in contact with your brother? I have only seen one owl come for you since you got back from camp, not counting the school owls,” Severus inquired suspiciously, his eyes narrowing.

“We have a set of communications mirrors,” Harry said. “Now what are we going to do about saving Mum from that pompous, arrogant fool?” he finished with a Snape-esque scowl.

Severus smiled faintly, proud that both his sons were growing into fine young men, and were trying to get their family back together. “Get in contact with William and see about getting a meeting set up between your mother and me. I’ll contact the IPC and get us a Portkey to the UK. Okay, Harry?”

“Alright, Dad,” Harry agreed before going off to mirror-call his brother again.

~-~-~-~

“Aunt Petunia!” William called as he ran up to his aunt and gave her a hug.

“Welcome back from camp, Harry,” Petunia said as she extricated herself from the tight grip William had her in. “Why do I feel you have an ulterior motive for coming over, instead of just being happy to see us back?”

“Well, I am happy to see you back, but you are right about the motive. Mum wanted to see if it was alright if I came over to stay while Lord Potter takes her out on a date. And can… MAY Neville come over, too?” William said in a rush.

“I’m sorry, Harry. Uncle Vernon has to be into work early tomorrow morning, and we are both exhausted from the trip,” Petunia said. “Aunt Alice, I am sure, will be able to watch you, and Dudley may go over as well, if she agrees, and he wants to.”

“Thanks, Aunt Petunia,” William said sullenly. He hugged her goodbye, before heading over towards the Longbottom home.

~-~-~-~

“Oh, for the love of Merlin, why won’t you pick up, William?” Harry asked himself. “William Snape,” he told the mirror again. A ringing sound came from the mirror, before a tinny-sounding voice said, “The IMS user you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Would you like to leave a message?”

“Yes!” Harry snapped.

“After the tone, please leave your message,” the voice said. *BEEP!*

“William, this is your brother! Call me immediately when you get this message! Dad knows, and is trying to get us a Portkey over there!” Harry said in a rush before disconnecting the call.

~-~-~-~

“Aunt Alice!” William called out, knocking on her front door.

“I’ve told you time and again, child, just come on in! There’s no need to knock here – you’re family!” Alice said.

“I was wondering…” William started.

“If you could have Dudley come over while you are staying here while your mother is on her date with Lord Potter?” Alice asked. “You know you are always welcome here, as is Dudley.”

Noticing William’s puzzled look, she said, “While you were on your way over here, both your mother and Petunia called. You boys are staying overnight.”

“Oh. Well, thank you, Aunt Alice,” William said. “I better go get my stuff ready for tonight, then, and call Dudley.”

“Alright, kiddo. See you soon,” Alice said, hugging William tight before he ran off back home.

~-~-~-~

“Harry,” Severus said as he knocked on his son’s bedroom door.

“Yeah, Dad?” Harry asked.

“I got us a Portkey, but it will be a week before we can leave. There’s a lot of outbound traffic going to Britain for the World Cup, evidentially.”

“Well, William still hasn’t answered his mirror, and I have called several times,” Harry whined.

“Would you like some cheese?” Severus asked with a completely straight face.

“Huh?” Harry said confusedly.

“That’s some fine whine you are showcasing, and I wanted to know if you wanted some cheese with it,” Severus smirked.

“Har-de-har-har,” Harry said sarcastically. “Really, though, I can’t get through to William!”

“Give it some time, Harry. There is a 5-hour time difference, and he might be doing something. I am sure he is simply over at one of your friend’s houses or talking to Mum or something simple like that and we are just not thinking of it,” Severus reasoned. “Give it about a half-hour before trying again.”

“Alright. I will keep the mirror with me, in case he tries to return my call,” Harry said.

“Alright. Now, just relax,” Severus said. “How about playing a game of chess with your old dad?”

“Okay, Old Dad,” Harry teasingly agreed, grabbing his mirror and chess pieces before following Severus downstairs.

Chapter End Notes:
This seemed like a good place for a chapter break. Hope you enjoyed the latest installment of HPPT. Please take a few seconds and leave a review – I swear, it is totally painless!