Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 13: Informing the Longbottoms
“Boys! Supper is ready!” Alice Longbottom called up the stairs.

“Okay, Mum/Aunt Alice!” called out Neville, Dudley, and William.

“So we are agreed, then, on what to do?” Neville asked the other two.

“Yep,” they both replied.

The three of them headed downstairs to the kitchen.

~-~-~-~

“Harry, Have you heard from your brother yet?” Severus asked.

“No, not yet, Dad,” Harry said. “This is about the time Aunt Alice serves supper, so maybe they decided to talk over the meal.”

“Well, as soon as you hear something, please let me know,” Severus said.

“I will, Dad,” Harry said.

Severus nodded and went back upstairs to his library.

~-~-~-~

“That was a delicious meal, Aunt Alice,” William said.

“Uh-huh,” Alice said. “Now whaddya want, munchkin? You’re never this complimentary without a reason.”

“We need your help with something, Mum,” Neville said.

“Yeah. Can we talk in the living room?” Dudley added.

“Alright. Let’s go,” Frank said.

All five of them trooped into the Longbottom’s living room, where Sally the house-elf had a tray of drinks and after-dinner mints waiting.

“Alright boys. Spill,” Alice said, wondering what could have all three boys looking nervous and guilty about.

William and Neville tag-teamed in telling Alice and Frank about what had happened at camp and the trap Harry and William had laid for their parents.

At the end of their spiel, Alice said back in her seat before breaking out in a gut-wrenching laugh. “My word! I can’t wait to see Lily’s face when she finds out about this!”

“That’s not all,” Dudley said before explaining what he had been told that Severus wanted done.

“We’ll take care of the arrangements, boys,” Frank said, speaking for the first time since supper had ended.

“Now, let me see that communications mirror,” Alice said. “I will contact Severus once the arrangements are made.”

William gave her the mirror, saying, “You have to say ‘Harry Evans’ to get a hold of them.”

“Alright, boys. Now you three go and play while we take care of this.”

The three 11-year-olds skedaddled and Alice prepared herself for something she never would have expected.

~-~-~-~

Severus was sitting at his desk when he heard a tinny-sounding ringing coming from inside a desk drawer. He reached in and pulled out a communications mirror identical to the ones his sons owned.

“Mirror activate,” he said. He was shocked to see Alice Longbottom’s face appear.

“Severus, it is so nice to see you again,” Alice said warmly.

“Same to you,” Severus said. “Although, I just wish it could have been under better circumstances.”

“As do I. Anyhow, I have made a reservation at the Leaky Cauldron for you and Harry, and was able to get your Portkey moved up to tomorrow at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, your time. There are some benefits to working in the International Travel Regulations office at the Ministry, after all,” Alice said. “Everything will work out for the best, Severus.”

“If you say so, Alice,” Severus said melancholically. “Thank you for your assistance.”

“Anytime, Severus. We’ll see you tomorrow, then?”

“See you tomorrow,” Severus said before deactivating the mirror.

‘Well, I better go let Harry know of the change in plans and get packed,’ Severus thought. He rose and headed downstairs.
Chapter End Notes:
I know, it’s a short chapter. However, it seemed like a logical place to stop. Please leave a review.