Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Epilogue

"Dearly beloved friends," the priest intoned, beginning the wedding. "We are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of His congregation, to join together this man and this woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God in Paradise in the time of man's innocence, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Christ and His Church:  which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with His presence and first miracle wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of St. Paul to be honourable among all men, and therefore is not to be enterprised, or taken in hand unadvisedly, lightly, or wantonly, to satisfy man's carnal lusts and appetites, like brute beasts that have no understanding:  but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of God, duly considering the cause for which Matrimony was ordained.

"One was, the procreation of children, to be brought up in the fear and nurture of the Lord, and praise of God. Secondly, it was ordained for a remedy against sin, and to avoid fornication, that such persons as have not the gift of continence might marry, and keep themselves undefiled members of Christ's body. Thirdly, for the mutual society, help, and comfort, that the one ought to have of the other, both in prosperity and adversity:  into which holy estate, these two persons present come now to be joined. Therefore, if any man can show any just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or hereafter for ever hold his peace."

"I object," came a voice from the back of the church.

Fr. Worland, the priest, looked up as everyone turned to see who spoke. Lord James Potter stepped into the sanctuary and said, "I have found evidence that the two before you, Father, can not be legally married now before you. They are already bound in Holy Matrimony."

"Do you have evidence of this, my child?" the elderly priest asked.

Walking up the main aisle way, Lord Potter pulled out a sheaf of papers and handed them to Fr. Worland. "Here is a notarised copy of the marriage licence, as well as a copy of the birth certificates of their twin sons. Notice, there is a trial separation date noted, but no where is it documented that they ever divorced."

Looking at Lily and Severus, he continued, "Although I dislike the union betwixt these two, they are married, and therefore cannot be married again."

"Yes, I concur," Fr. Worland said. "In that case, may I be the first to congratulate the two of you on your recommitting yourselves to married life?"

"Thank you, Father," Sev and Lily said, both beet red in the face, turning and sitting down in the front pew as the priest turned to offer the Mass. (Well, everyone was already there!) Finally, forty-five minutes later, the priest intoned, "Ite missa est," to which the congregation responded, "Deo gratias" and everyone rose and exited the church.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
A/n: A sequel will be eventually written, which will chronicle the twins' adventures at Hogwarts (remember, no Voldemort!). Sorry about this chapter being so short, but it is the epilogue, after all. Besides, I didn't think you would want a huge wedding scene, besides the fact that I remembered (although Lily and Severus were never certain) that they weren't truly divorced.

Thank you for reading Harry Potter's Parent Trap!