Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 4

"I cannot believe this! I just cannot believe this!" William ranted, pacing back and forth by Harry's bed. "Your father is my dad, and my mother is your mum! We're like, brothers, and our parents never Ruddy TOLD US!"

"Actually, William, you two are more like twins. You look alike, your birthdays are the same exact day, and you were born to the same parents, so you are twins," Neville said logically.

"Twins! Of course! How much more complicated could my life be than to have a bloody twin that my father never told me about!" William continued, slowly growing more frantic in his pacing. Finally, Charlie stopped him and handed him a vial of Calming Draught, telling him to drink it.

"Feel a little better now, William?" Charlie asked.

"Yes, Mr. Weasley," William said, giving him a shaky smile.

"Call me Charlie. Mr Weasley is my dad. And if I am not mistaken, isn't my brothers Fred and George in your cabin?"

"Yeah, they are. Why?"

"I believe that it would be a good idea to have them over here to talk with you two about being twins," Charlie replied. "I know, I know, what is there so special about being twins? However, they can help you with the so-called 'twin telepathy' and such, and give you advice about working on the twin-effect... hopefully by the time camp is over, you could give them a run for their money on figuring out which twin is which!"

"Alright. I guess it couldn't hurt. I mean, in one day, I go from being the only child of a single father who happens to be a war hero and first class potions master to having an identical twin who was the only child of a single mother who was a war hero, former Obliviator in the war, and is now the Charms teacher at the school that my entire ancestory went to. So I guess your brothers could help me and Harry cope," William said.

"I agree. I would like to learn what it truly means to be a twin," Harry replied.

"Alright. After today's Quidditch game, I will have my brothers come over to see you," Charlie responded. "However, it's time to go! Get kitted up, guys!"

They all started to change quickly, except for William, who did not have a game that day.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Late that evening, a knock sounded on Merlin Cabin's door. Harry walked over and opened the door to reveal his brother and the Weasley twins.

"Gnarly. I was wondering if you guys would show tonight. Now let's get this show on the road," Harry said. "What do William and I need to know about twins?"

"Well, the first thing, of course..." started Fred.

"...Is how to talk..." George continued.

"...Twin-Speak!" Fred finished up.

"Not to mention twin telepathy, and copying each other's mannerisms. Makes it easier to confuse people when you talk, act, and even look alike. We have confused SO many people, and pulled off so many pranks without people knowing who was Fred and who was George thanks to being twins!” they continued.

“Let’s get started, then,” William said.

--insert time gap here--

“Its hard to believe we only have two more weeks of camp before we have to go home to our parents and we will never see each other again,” Harry said wistfully. “At least we have had this summer.”

“You know, I wonder why they separated? I mean, they are both intelligent, caring, friendly (for the most part) people. Hell, they even sent us to the same Quidditch camp. What is the likelihood of that happening? I just wish I could get to know my mother. Y’know, Dad won’t even let me consider Hogwarts as a possible secondary school. He wants me to go to Great Lakes Magical Academy in Michigan,” William complained. “He must have known you would be going to Hogwarts.”

“Not only that, but Mum teaches at Hogwarts. She took over Professor Flitwick’s job a few years back when he decided to start working here at the camp. I would love to meet Dad as well, especially seeing as he is the world’s best Potion Master, and I would like to go into potions as a career down the road. That or healing. Either way, a potions mastery is a must.”

The boys lay back in the hammocks by the lake, pondering what life would have been like with their parents together.

“Harry… I have an idea!” William blurt out, sitting up in his hammock before it tipped him over onto the ground.

Chapter End Notes:
So here we are folks. Three guesses on what William’s idea is, although you will only need one, if you’ve seen The Parent Trap.