Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. I had to go to the doctor's Monday. Then Tuesday I got my blood taken. So I've been feeling rather down since then. But you didn't come to this chapter to hear me ramble. You came to read my story. Well here it is.
The Bond and A Visit

When Harry finally woke up, it was slowly. First he stretched his body to get rid of the kinks that come from lying on the floor for hours. He then performed a jaw-cracking yawn. He snapped his eyes open when he remembered what had happened the previous night. He instantly regretted that, as his head started pounding from the glare of the light. Quickly closing his eyes, he thought to the room 'Lights down please'. When his closed eyes sensed that the light wasn't as bright, he opened them again. He still had a fierce headache, and felt slightly nauseated in response to said headache.

Fumbling around on the floor, he picked up his glasses that had fallen off when he had slipped onto the floor. Rubbing a finger over the lenses gently, he was glad to not that they weren't broken. Putting them on, he glanced around at the now in-focus room. He noticed that Draco was also starting to stir, and he padded over slowly on four paws. He had to make sure that Draco didn't make the same mistake he had in opening his eyes too fast. Sitting on his haunches, he watched as the ermine woke up just as slowly as he had. But when he sensed the other was going to open his eyes Harry spoke "Don't open your eyes fast, Draco. I think we are going to suffer a migraine for awhile after taking that potion."

Draco slowly opened his eyes, and moaned softly. He murmurs "I think your right. My head is pounding fit to burst." He sat up, and rubbed at his head. Harry glanced at his watch, and noticed with shock that they had been out for nearly twelve hours. He thought to himself 'We are soooo dead'. Draco looked about in shock at first, then smirked and thought back to Harry 'Indeed, we are.' Harry nearly jumped a foot in the air, and said "So....the potion worked?" Draco nodded, stating "It seems to have....I think we made the strongest variant though, for I can sense everything from you. I think we better stay here for an hour and practice shielding."

Harry seemed less then willing to try something new after the disastorous results of the potion. However, after Draco explained that they were now incredibly sensitive to other thoughts besides each other's, they were going to have to shield lest they become overwelmed; Harry agreed, and so they practiced for the next hour before hurrying out of the Room of Requirement to face the music.

***

When they got down to the first floor, which was where they sensed the adults to be, they noticed that the adults were talking rapidly. Draco moaned mentally 'Uncle Sev is going to kill me for drinking a potion without supervision of any kind.' Harry nudged Draco, knowing that Sirius was going to be pissed as well. He felt his heart drop into his stomach as they got closer and he could see who else was there. Remeus Lupin, Molly Weasley, the entirety of the Hogwart's staff that was staying that summer(McGonagall, Snape, and Hagrid), as well as the black dog recognizable as Snuffles.

It took awhile for the adults to realize the two children standing at the bottom of the stairs for the bickering going on. When they did notice them, it was obvious that the first thing they were feeling was relief. Harry found himself in a bear-hug by Mrs. Weasley, before she left to do the same to Draco. Harry glanced over to the Potions Professor, and gulped. Snape did not look happy. Indeed, he looked as if he was prepared to give two wayward students a years worth of detention. Harry and Draco knew who those two students were.

"Would you two care to explain where you were for the past twenty-four hours?" hissed Snape, venom almost literally dripping from his voice. Draco looked at Harry, asking 'Should we tell them? Sev can spot a lie a mile away, but we could get away with not telling.' Harry blanched slightly, and responded 'I don't think so. Besides, they'll notice something eventually!' Draco nodded mentally, and turned back to the adults. They then both proceeded to tell what they had been up to in the past day.

All except Snape looked stunned at the idiocy of the two boys. Snape, however, looked livid. He turned to the Headmaster, and said in a deceptively calm voice "If you don't mind Albus, I would like to be the one to assign them their punishments." Dumbledore nodded, stating "It is your subject, Severus. Just don't hurt them." With that the adults backed off, with the exception of the black dog. Snape glared at the dog, and said "I will not hurt him, Padfoot." That seemed to stun the dog, who fell back on his haunches. With that, Snape led the two down to his dungeon office, or rather had them lead, so he could make sure neither ran.

Draco had blanched when Snape had asked if he could take care of the punishments. He sent quietly to Harry 'He is going to give it to us good.' as they were walking down to the dungeons. When they entered Snape's office, he summoned an another hard-backed chair infront of his desk. With a snapped "Sit!", he walked over to his own chair and sat down. The two furred students sat down on the chairs, looking down at their knees instead of up at Snape.

Severus remained quiet for a few minutes, trying to collect his thoughts as he stared at his godson and Potter. He could have expected a month ago such idiocy from Potter, but not now. He also was disappointed that Draco had been stupid as well. Surely he had trained the boy better then that? True, he hadn't always been there, but he had done his best to protect his little snake. So why had Draco done something so risky? Severus decided it was time to find out.

"You do realize, both of you, that your impulsiveness could have ended up as a worst-case scenario? You especially Draco! I've told you time and again that a potion may look right, but a mistake could turn it into the most deadly poison you've ever seen. So, please tell me why you decided to drink a potion without making sure that you wouldn't be dead within a few minutes." Snape had given a very long speach, Harry thought. He wondered what to tell the man. He hadn't really been thinking, just running ahead blindly like he normally did.

Draco continued watching his knees, and thought to Harry 'I hate when he guilt trips me into confessions. I don't even really remember why we decided to drink it instead of handing it in!' Out loud he said "We thought it would be useful to have such an ability. We weren't thinking of the consequences of if we had made a slight mistake." Snape snorted softly, and said softly "That is obvious. Well, because of your negligient attitude, both of you will be serving detentions. A weeks worth at least. You also will both be having Occlumency class, for your shields are fragile at best."

Draco and Harry nodded quietly, willing to accept any punishment Snape would give out. But in that weeks time, the mental Bond they shared grew stronger. Harry also realized something important. Snape was a good person, at heart, and had had to mask his true self for a long time. Therefore making it hard for the man to show any kind of affection or approval. Harry was determined to earn that approval, and did not wish to disappoint the Potion Master again.

***

A few days after the punishment ended

"The boys are doing surprisingly well" commented Albus, looking out his window at the two wizard younglings playing. Harry and Draco had taken the chance of being by themselves(except for the black dog who was even more determined to stay by Harry's side) to go play. Both looked as if it was the first time they had enjoyed such a beautiful summer day. Albus chuckled softly as the two began a mud-fight.

"Indeed....I'm surprised at Ha...Potter's progress." Severus responded, blushing slightly that his tongue had slipped. It wasn't as if he cared for the boy. But the youngling did have a certain charm about him. Shaking his head softly at the thought, he continued "It didn't take him long to reach Draco's level in Occulmency, and both have gone on past that. All in a week."

Albus nodded, and turned from the window. Just then a knock at the door sounded. After Albus invited the person in, the door opened to show a proud witch who was quite tall. Her hair, which cascaded far down her back to stop at her knees, was a curious mix of black and white. Her face was slim, with high cheekbones. Instead of being dressed in the usual wizard's garb however, she was dressed in a tunic and pants.

Albus smiled, and began speaking "Ah, I was expecting you yesterday. Severus, I would like you to meet...."

***

Harry laughed softly at Snuffles appearance. He said "We did warn you to stay back, didn't we?" The black dog was covered from head to foot in mud. Not that Harry or Draco were much better, but at least they would be able to take a shower on their own. Snuffles looked at Harry reproachfully, which just made Harry double up to try and contain the laughter bubbling in him. His ermine friend and bond-partner was also close to falling over in laughter.

Snuffles huffed softly, and turned his back on them. Harry, noticing this, jumped on Draco. Draco yelped slightly, and began wrestling back. If at all possible they got even more filthy then they had been. They stopped abruptly, however, when they heard Snuffles begin growling. Harry was about to ask what was up, when he caught an all too familiar scent. Looking up, the two wizardlings saw Lucius Malfoy approaching them, looking frightfully angry.

When he reached them, he glared down at the two boys who were covered from head to foot in mud. He said in a voice that rivaled Snape's "Glad to see your having fun. Draco, walk with me. Now!" Turning, the aggressive man didn't wait to see if his son followed him. Draco, sharing a look with Harry, got up and raced after his father. He sent to Harry 'Keep the link open. If it seems that things will turn bad, send Snuffles immediately, then take cover.'

Harry watched as Draco caught up with Lucius, and the two began speaking. With the link open, he could hear the entire conversation. "What is the meaning, Draco, of playing in the mud? I taught you to have better decorum then that!" snapped Lucius. Draco, refusing to get flustered, simply stated "I was having fun. Fun that was denied me at home during the holidays." Lucius grew deadly calm at that last statement.

"It doesn't matter. What does matter is your playing with Potter. Why haven't you betrayed his trust, and handed him over to us when you had the chance to?" asked Lucius. Now Draco got angry, and said in a cold voice "I told you, 'Father', I never want to do that. I have plans for my life, and they don't include following a maniac and joining a murdering gang!" He was silenced by a quick slap from his sire.

Harry had had enough; when Lucius had slapped Draco, he sent Snuffles to get help. He then began to slink towards the two Malfoys. Whatever the price was, he wasn't going to allow Draco to get hurt. Lucius, meanwhile, was snarling at his son "How dare you disobey me! You would turn traitor to your own, for a little scrap of fur like Potter?" Draco glared, and said softly "Leave, sire. Now, before the Professors come out."

Lucius drew himself up, realizing it wouldn't do to punish his son in front of those who might consider the punishments to harsh. He smirked then, and said "Very well, Draco. But I will punish you for your impudence." Draco seemed to pale, as he obviously remembered the punishment for impudence. But as Lucius was crying out "Firmus vestri monumentum" Harry tackled Draco to the ground. He was then hit with the sickly yellow light that had escaped from Lucius' wand. Draco watched in horror as the black panther who had become his friend, fell to the ground. He cried out one word: "Harry!!!"

Chapter End Notes:
Yes, I know, short. I'm sorry but I struggled through-out the entire chapter. Firmus vestri monumentum means Relive your memories. Horrible spell to cast on someone. Also, what should the lady's name be? R&R please