Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
*The author runs out on swift feet* Hey, everyone. Today is the third of July. Y'know what that makes tomorrow? Well, for those of you who are not American, it isn't all that special a day. But likely you do know what the fourth is to those who are! So, as a Fourth of July treat to all my fans, I am giving two, that's right two chapters. One here and one in Runner. Which means Cat's eye View is off Hiatus! Yayyy!!! Now go read, peeps :)
Awakening

Harry slowly opened his eyes, still a bit fuzzy from the last memory. He spied Sirius half-lying on the bed he was in. It appeared he had abandoned the chair in favor of kneeling on the floor. His godfather had fallen asleep like that. Grinning, the panther curled his tail out to tickle Siri's ear. The Animagus swatted at it like it was a fly, but finally woke up. When he saw who it was who had woken him, his face lit up.

"Harry!" he breathed softly, conscious of the fact it was fairly late at night. Pulling his godson into a hug, he muttered "Never scare me like that again, scamp." They remained like that for a long time, with Harry murring all the while. That is, until Snape cleared his throat, having come out of his trance to spy the sappy scene. He stated in a silky soft voice "As touching as this reunion is, couldn't it have waited until I was out of the room?"

Draco, who also had come out of the trance he'd been in, tried his hardest not to laugh. Honest he did. But he soon ended up on the floor, clutching his stomach while he laughed. Severus raised an eyebrow at the ermine, Sirius looked slightly confused, but Harry simply glared at his bond-partner. He sent a severe thought at Draco 'When your quite finished!' That seemed to calm Draco down a bit, though he still chuckled occasionally.

Just then the door opened, and Albus walked in. Seeing Harry awake, he smiled before stating "Good to see you awake, my boy. Unfortunately though, I need to talk to Sirius and Severus here." Blinking, the young panther nodded assent. Siri gave his godson one last hug before following Albus out the door. Well, he was actually trailing behind Severus, but the Animagus wasn't about to admit that.

Draco sighed quietly, and muttered "Wonder what's up?" Harry shrugged in a 'who know's' gesture. The ermine got up, removing the I.V. that hooked him up to a Nutrient Potion. He then moved over to where his bond-mate was laying, and poked him in the shoulder. Draco said in a low voice "You end up dead one of these days, Harry, and I'll bring you back just so that I can kill you myself!" Harry winced slightly, but smiled lop-sidedly.

Removing Harry's I.V., Draco said "C'mon, let's go get something to eat before Pomfrey comes back. 'Sides, you can try out those legs; make sure they're still working." Harry agreed, and though wobbly at first, was able to walk with Draco down to the kitchens. The two fell asleep there, mugs of butterbeer still in their hands.

***

The Order of the Phoenix was a group dedicated to fighting the forces of Darkness. Only fully trained wizards were allowed to be part. But it wasn't glorious work, most found once they joined. It was often heart-wrenching to see your friends die on the battle-field. There had been betrayals on both sides. Two notable ones, on opposite sides, was Severus and Peter. The rat Animagus had betrayed his best friend to the Dark Lord

It was this same Dark Lord whom the meeting was about. It appeared that the Death Eaters had found a way to bring him back. All it needed was for the enemy to capture any of the Light side for it to be complete. It was rumored that they had their sights set on one particular Light wizard however. Which was why the meeting was so important to the fight.

"It's going to be hard to keep him safe. Those two attract trouble, it seems, like giant magnets." stated Sirius. The others around the table nodded assent. Severus spoke up "Even if we kept them inside, they would cause havoc eventually. I, personally, do not want two stir crazy teenagers anywhere near my potions stock." Chuckles were sounded at that. Then they got down to deciding on what to do.

It turned out that Minerva had some where to be that summer, Hagrid was going to be busy in the forest, and Albus was nearly hog-tied with paper work. Lupin couldn't watch them as he had a mission to get on with, and the Weasley's were preparing their own home for the eventual siege. That left two to watch Harry and Draco. Those two that were selected hated each other with a passion. But they were willing to work together the remaining month and a few days until school started. They just hoped they wouldn't regret that decision.

***

Three days later

Harry sighed, looking out the window of the Owlery. He stroked Hedwig gently with a finger, murmuring "Did they forget?" He hoped not, as the past four years had been the best(except the summer before second year) in his life. His friends always managed to get him presents, and an occasional cake. That had saved him last year during Dudley's diet.

It was there in the Owlery that Draco found him. He smirked, and began stalking his new-found friend. Unfortunately, Hedwig saw him and informed her master. The ermine soon found himself on the floor after being pounced. Harry grinned, and stated "Can't sneak up on me, Drake." Draco sighed and grumbled "Get off me, you furball!"

Harry chuckled, and did as bid. He asked "What brings you up here, to the Owlery of all places?" The ermine smirked, and stated "I was just about to ask you the same thing. Never mind, I can sense it now. C'mon, it's time for lunch." The panther sighed and followed Draco down to the Great Hall. But when he got to the Entrance Hall, he caught a strange scent that made his ears fold down. Scanning the area, he spotted what he thought he would. A rat standing by the open doorway. One that looked familiar.

Before Draco realized what was going on, Harry was off like a shot. The ermine quickly dashed after him, and was soon on the panther's heels(not literally). Seeing that the rat was leading Harry to the gate, Draco tried to tackle his friend. But it was far too late, for by the time Draco leaped, Harry was outside the Anti-Apparation wards. He was looking around, and did not notice his peril.

"Where did he go? That little rat, I'm going to skin him!" Harry snarled. Seeing a man sneaking up on the panther, Draco cried out "Harry, behind....you..." He was too late, as always. Harry was grabbed from behind, and before Draco could do more then try and get to his feet, they were gone with a pop. Draco moaned "Harry.....not again!"

Turning, he ran back to Hogwarts. He had to tell the grown-ups what had happened. But before he got there, he felt a stab of pain come along his link to Harry. Followed by a massive amount of fear. Nearly getting knocked off his feet, Draco shook his head to clear it before continuing to run. Harry was in a lot of danger, there was no time to hesitate. The ermine just hoped everything would turn out okay.

Chapter End Notes:
Eeek.....niiiice reviewers......please don't maul me. Gomen for the cliffie.