Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Have I lost my readers? Thank you, Hope_06 for reviewing, as well as my faithful from FF.net. For those of you reading this on P&S, please Review if your out there! Without further ado, on we go.
Horrified Surprises

Last time:

Harry dreaded to think what he would look like, if as proud and rich a man as this one could be brought down to such a state.

The first day the two males sat at opposite ends of each other, wary of being in close contact. Lucius also had a bit of vanity to beat down, as he was unused to being seen in such a grimy state. While they were fed and watered, it was never enough. Harry, though he was used to it, longed for the meals at Hogwarts, the same way he had the first day of summer break.

Thankfully, however, they were otherwise ignored that first day. Even if that was a small blessing, it allowed Harry to recuperate after the little skirmish he'd been through, as well as starting to gather his magic in one place behind a block. It was his little store, what he had used for the past two years to keep his magic from totally being depleted. It also allowed him enough control that he could cast some wandless spells with ease.

Night-time was uncomfortable at best, miserable at worst. As the temperature dropped, both men shivered. There was one pile of dirty straw, enough to bury a man Lucius' size, but not enough for Harry as well. And yet it was too cold not to be under the straw. So they compromised, Harry allowing the weaker and more poorly dressed Lucius to be under the straw, while he would cuddle up at Lucius' feet on top of the straw. It wasn't the most ideal of situations, and Harry longed to be far from it, but survival was top priority while captive.

The day dawned bright and cold, and the two were awoken by the craziest woman Harry had ever seen. She bore some superficial resemblance to Sirius, particularly the Sirius at the end of third year. Harry quavered slightly, and wished he could make contact with Draco. But being within Tom's territory made it so that Harry's Shield's were at maximum, and this also blocked off Draco to protect him.

The woman grinned slightly, and stated "The Dark Lord had given orders that you are to be taken up to one of the 'guest' rooms, Potter. You, Lucius, are to remain here." With that, she opened the door and led Harry out, despite his vigorous attempts to remain. He knew that it was better he remain in the cell than to be taken away where any number of sick things could be done to him.

***

Meanwhile, with Severus at Hogwarts

Severus paced his quarters irritably, hating the fact that he couldn't storm off and rescue Harry. He had been 'assaulted' almost as soon as he'd come back from the skirmish, bruised and bloody, by an overanxious Draco who said that Harry had been snatched by Death Eaters. That, of course, had gotten his heart pumping faster than anything could after the battle.

Instead of questioning Draco further and wasting time, he went immediately to Albus to see if there was anything to be done. Only to be told that he would have to wait until he was called, as undoubtedly he would be when the final blow was to be struck. He almost cursed the old man out, holding back with extreme force of will. Once he was dismissed, he stalked off to his quarters to think and plan, as well as to release some steam.

It was on his sixth pace that Remus asked permission to come through. Severus allowed it, suspecting that he would need this distraction if he wanted to keep his head on straight. As Moony stepped through, Sev noted that he was carrying a rather thick envelope. The tawny haired man said softly "The lock broke today. I was told to give this to you if the lock broke early."

Severus gave the other man a look of incredulity, then warily took the envelope. Automatically checking it for any curses or hexes, he turned it over to open it. He nearly dropped it when he saw the fire lily stamp that sealed it shut. He knew that stamp, had helped her come up with it before the disastrous day during fifth year.

Opening the envelope carefully, so as to not destroy the stamp, he took out the letter. Unfolding it, he was surprised to see that so little was written, though the paper was of a thick variety. He began reading:

My Dearest Friend,

I had hoped that you would never have to read this particular letter, for it means that Harry, and the secret he carries, is in grave danger. However, before you continue reading, what was our expression for each other?

Yours,

Lily

There was a great big blank spot between the end of the paragraph and the letter ending. Severus sighed, and dredged up the old memory. He then spoke quietly to the letter "Cara Fiáin." It meant, Wild Friend, loosely translated. They had come up with it in second year, both acknowledging their inability to be tamed as well as their close bond. Going back to the letter, he was not surprised to see that the letter had changed and expanded.

Severus,

Now that I am sure it is you, there is something of great importance I must tell you. James was never Harry's sire, though he cared for him dearly. Harry's true sire never knew of him, or the act that had been done to conceive him.

How can that be, you ask? It is rather simple: when I had been married to James for a couple of months, something unexpected happened. I was drugged while enjoying a social drink at a party, and the man who said he would escort me home happened to be a Death Eater. Instead of bringing me home, he led me to a house where a man was lying on the bed unconscious. However, he too had been drugged, though his was the Lustful Somnus potion. It only took a quick Imperio by the Death Eater, and my already drugged mind was under his control, and my body forced to conceive Harry.

I erased the memory of the event from the Death Eater, however, and escaped to tell James what happened. Remus was there as well, and agreed to go and help the man who had been forced into it as well, unwillingly and unknowing.

Why do I tell you this, Severus? Well, the memory that is hidden within the paper should provide the answer. Whatever you discover and decide, however, please get Harry out of danger.

Love,

Lily

Severus blanched slightly at the story, and summoned forth the memory. He viewed it, confirming what happened, but was shell shocked when he found out who exactly the drugged man was. Coming out of the Pensieve, he looked at Remus with a haunted face. He hissed quietly "Those bastards have my son."

***

Back at Tom's place

Harry grimaced quietly, forcing himself not to pound on the door to be let out. It was all he could to to hold the other at bay, and the distraction would have been too much. How they had come to hold Vernon captive, Harry would never know, but he was starting to get sick of the twisted face that promised retribution for something he had never done.

When Dursley said something off-color one time too many, Harry snarled "Shut up, kin traitor. You know something? You disgust me! Oh, I may have let you have your way, but do you know why? To protect Dudley, whom I caught being molested by you!"

Vernon turned an ugly puce color, and hissed that he never had done that. Harry countered that he had it in his journal, the one place he didn't have to lie. Harry's anger was such, however, that the magic he was using to hold the man back lashed out and felled the man as if a Stupefy had been cast.

The door opened shortly after, and he was escorted back to the cell he shared with Lucius. It had been a several hours, and not only was it near dusk, but Harry was exhausted by keeping Vernon from taking him again. Slumping against the wall, he took the piece of bread that Lucius held out to him.

The tense peace was not to last however, as Tom had clearly decided that there was another way to break the boy. Fifteen minutes after Harry had returned to the cell, a battered, bloody and beaten man was tossed in with them. Harry cried out when he saw who it was, and rushed to the man's side. His plea echoed the cell walls, his voice anguished "Sirius, don't die!"

Chapter End Notes:
Well, what do you think? I've been planning this one for some time. Vernon will get his eventually, don't worry about that. But please, people, R&R. Don't leave me hanging!