Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the Harry Potter characters and therefore I make no money.
Chapter 3

When Harry woke up the next morning he joined Hermione and they both headed down to the Great Hall for breakfast. When they sat down at the Ravenclaw table they started on breakfast.

“So what do we have today?” Harry asked Hermione.

“Double Potions with the Hufflepuffs, Defense Against the Dark Arts and Herbology in the afternoon,” Hermione answered.

“Great, we have dad first thing in the morning,” Harry commented and continued to eat.

When they were finished eating they took their supplies down to the dungeons. The door was already opened and so the Ravenclaws all filed in and took their places. A few minutes later Professor Snape walked in and closed the door.

“You’re here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making,” he began. “As there is hardly any foolish wand-waving many of you will find it hard to believe this is magic. Unlike some of the other houses I know that you’ll appreciate what is taught here and I expect the high standard that comes with Ravenclaw house. Now today we’re working on a simple potion to cure boils. The instructions are on the board you may begin.”

The Ravenclaws got to work at once on the potion but since Harry and Hermione had already learned this potion years ago they just started chopping, adding, stirring, waiting and adding more. By the end of the class almost all the Ravenclaws felt that their potion was good enough to count towards a good grade. When the class ended Harry, Hermione and the rest of the Ravenclaws left to head to Defense Against the Dark Arts. As Harry turned he saw his father smiling at him.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was taught by Professor Quirrell who stuttered too much to actually understand what he was saying. He also smelled, something that Harry would tell his father when he wrote to him. Also when he was in the room with him his scar hurt and he wondered if he should tell his father about that as well. When lunch came around Harry was very relieved that it didn’t have Quirrell in them.

“Are you alright, Harry?” Hermione asked.

“I don’t know,” Harry said. “I mean, I was in class and every time Quirrell came near me my scar hurt me.”

“Well I’m sure that dad will have some answer,” Hermione said brightly.

“I hope so,” Harry said.

When lunch ended Harry and Hermione hurried off to Herbology where they met Professor Sprout, a dumpy sort of witch that was good friends with their father. They learned about the different plants and what they were used for. The next day they had History of Magic, with Professor Binns, and Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. During the Transfiguration lesson Harry and Hermione were the only ones that fully transfigured their match into a needle earning Ravenclaw twenty points a piece.

“Mr. Snape, can I talk with you,” Professor McGonagall asked when the lesson was over.

Harry looked at his sister and then left.

“Did I do something wrong during the lesson, Professor?” Harry asked.

“No,” McGonagall said. “I’m just wondering if things are going well between Severus and you.”

Harry thought that was an odd question. “Yes, everything’s fine. Why do you ask?”

“Well I was there when you were dropped off at the Dursley’s and now we find out that you were raised by Severus,” McGonagall said. “Not that I’m against that. I told Dumbledore that they were unstable people.”

“And Dumbledore didn’t like this view,” Harry said.

“No, he didn’t,” McGonagall said. “Well I’m glad that you’re doing fine and it seems that having a daughter around has helped.”

Harry didn’t know quiet what to make of that but before he could ask McGonagall let him go.

Harry headed back to Ravenclaw tower to pitch his books and then headed down to the Great Hall for lunch, However when he arrived on the first floor he noticed several students crowded around, muttering to themselves. When Harry approached he was shocked to see Hermione with a bleeding arm.

“What happened?” Harry asked.

“Someone hexed your sister,” Neville said.

Harry at once was at her side and helped her to her feet. “I’m taking her to see someone.”

“You’ll be talking about Madam Pomfrey,” said one of the students. “I’ll show you where she’s at.”

“Thanks,” Harry said and he was led away.

When they entered the hospital wing Madam Pomfrey at once settled Hermione into a bed and then healed her wounds. As she worked Harry wondered who would hex a Ravenclaw and Madam Pomfrey wondered why as well.

“I need to tell the Headmaster about this,” Madam Pomfrey told Harry.

“Do you think he’ll be able to help?” Harry asked her.

“I think so,” Madam Pomfrey said and was gone.

The rest of the day was spent with Dumbledore asking Hermione who had attacked her. At once she told him that Ron and his three friends had done it. Harry felt enraged but thankfully his father was there to put a hand on his shoulder.

“I don’t like this, Albus,” Madam Pomfrey said. “It’s like Severus all over again.”

 “I know and I will question him about it,” Dumbledore said.

“That would include all of Ron Weasley’s little friends,” Harry’s father added.

“Of course,” Dumbledore said.

Later that night Hermione re-joined the Ravenclaws and everyone thought it was a shame that Ron had done it. However the next morning everyone in Ravenclaw house was stunned to hear that Ron and his friends had gotten detention and fifty points taken off for each of them. Harry thought this was fair and so did a lot of others in his house.

“Do you think Snape had anything to do with this,” said Terry Boot.

“I know he does,” Harry said. “So want to go down and see Ron and his friends having to clean cauldrons or something?”

“No, let you do it but report to me what happens,” Terry said.

“No problem,” Harry said and he left Ravenclaw tower.

Ron Weasley and his friends arrived for their detention. Ron didn’t think it was fair that Snape had been able to take points off. He was supposed to be favoring his house not making them lose the Quidditch Cup.

“We need to make them pay,” Ron had told Vincent Crabbe in the Slytherin common room.

“Any idea, Ron,” Vincent had asked.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get Fred and George to help us out,” Ron said. “They know a lot of nasty curses.”

“Can we watch?” Gregory Goyle asked.

Ron smiled nastily. “Oh I believe that both of you can,” Ron told them.

Both of his friends smiled nastily.

Ron was still thinking about this as him and his three friends entered. Snape glared at them and then pointed to a stack of cauldrons that needed to be cleaned.

“No magic, Weasley, Crabbe, Goyle, and Jenkins,” Snape told them.

“Fine,” Ron said and then mentally he said. “Oh I can’t wait to get back at you for what you’ve done.”

Chapter End Notes:
I've got a beta for this story and as soon as I can figure out how this works then you'll have improved chapters. Thanks everyone.