Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to thank jessirose85 for reviewing my story. At least I think that’s your screen name.
Chapter 4

Harry and Hermione were happy when Friday came and went. When Hedwig delivered a letter to Harry, Harry thought that it was his father writing to him. He was shocked when he saw that it was from a man named Hagrid.

“I wonder what he wants,” Hermione wondered.

“Me too,” Harry said and he opened the letter.

Dear Harry,

I hope that you’re up to meeting me. I’ve heard many things about you and I’m looking forward to finally seeing you. Send a reply back soon with your owl.

Hagrid.

“Do you think we should go?” Harry asked his sister.

“I don’t know,” Hermione said. “Though if he wants to truly meet you then we shouldn’t keep him waiting.”

And so Harry wrote back to Hagrid, telling him that he would meet him at one, and then Hedwig flew away.

Around one Harry and Hermione left the castle and headed to the hut that Hagrid lived in. They were careful in keeping away from any of the Slytherins and didn’t have any intention of meeting any of the Gryffindors. When Harry knocked on the door they waited and soon the large face of Hagrid appeared on the other side of the door.

“Come in, Harry,” Hagrid said and moved aside to let both Harry and Hermione pass.

Hagrid’s hut was large with a large bed that had a handmade quilt and several traps to catch game. Harry had seen his father going on a hunt but he always used dogs and he always came back with something that their house elf could cook up. Hagrid introduced himself to Hermione and then made tea and served them cake.

“So how do you like Hogwarts, Harry?” Hagrid asked.

“It’s great,” Harry answered and then took a sip of tea.

“Well I’m glad you’re having fun. So having any problems with Ron Weasley?”

Harry gave him a dark look. “He hexed my sister so, yes, I’m having problems with him.”

Hagrid shook his head. “They use to be an alright family but then Mr. Weasley got tired of not getting any of the respect that he believed he was supposed to get. Almost all the Weasleys believe in blood purity and getting ahead.”

“Stupid,” Harry commented.

“That I’ll agree with,” Hagrid said and then turned to Hermione. “Well you’re the first muggleborn witch in the Snape family,” he commented.

“Yes and dad says that my magic is just as good as anyone else’s,” Hermione told him.

“I’m not saying that it isn’t,” Hagrid said. “However I was surprised when Draco Malfoy got sorted into Gryffindor. His family has all been in Slytherin.”

“Well he hasn’t gotten a Howler yet,” Harry pointed out. “So maybe his father doesn’t know.”

“I wouldn’t count on that,” Hagrid countered. “I’m sure that Lucius is waiting for Draco to come home before starting on him.”

“I feel sorry for him,” Hermione stated. “I mean being in fear that your father isn’t going to accept where the hat put you.”

Hagrid nodded but said nothing.

When Harry and Hermione left Hagrid’s hut they were both thinking about Draco Malfoy and what they thought might happen when he got home for his Christmas break. As they entered the Entrance Hall they overheard Dumbledore talking to their father.

“Someone tried to steal the stone,” Dumbledore said.

“I highly doubt that they would have gotten far, Headmaster,” Snape said. “Did Hagrid get it?”

“Of course and that’s why I need you,” Dumbledore told Snape.

“You know that I will always be here to help you,” Snape stated.

“I know, my old friend,” Dumbledore said and then their footsteps faded and then there was only silence.

Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about the short chapter but I wanted to at least have Hagrid’s meeting and maybe a little about the stone.

I would like to thank everyone that reviewed. Sorry about the wait but my beta's father was in the hospital.