Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is by Severus Addicted
Shopping

Severus pulled the truck to a stop once he found a parking spot. He pulled the keys from the ignition and took his seat belt off.

"Now while we are here you may go and look around while I get what we need. But I will warn you now if you two get into any trouble you will have to deal with me. Is that understood?" Severus asked his two now very excited nephews.

"Yes Sir!" Henry said followed by Harry who said, "U-huh"

Severus opened the door and held it open as the two boys jumped from the car. Harry and Henry both started running towards the store. Severus sighed and yelled after them to be careful.

Severus started towards the store following the boys.

The store is a log store with an ice container and a vending machine by the door. Severus would come to this store as a child and play in the toy section. For as small as the store looked on the outside it was much bigger inside. It had the food section, a clothes department, and a little section with toys of all ages.

Harry and Henry were waiting for him by the door and they walked in together. They were greeted kindly by the worker.

"Oh hello Severus, I haven't seen you for a long time." Miss Klinger said giving him a broad smile.

"Hello Kathleen! I'm surprised you still work here. Boys this is Kathleen Klinger, she owns this store." Severus told the two boys that looked like they were excited to go look around.

Kathleen turned her attention to the two boys standing impatiently beside Severus. "Oh and who may I ask are you two?"

"These are my nephews, Harry and Henry." He pointed to each as he said their names.

Harry smiled kindly at her, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss. Klinger."

Kathleen smiled at him, "Please if you will call me Kathleen." She then turned her attention back to Severus, "I didn't know you had nephews! I suppose James finally settled down then huh?"

Severus turned to the boys who were itching to go exploring and said, "You two may go look around now and you both can pick one thing to bring home." Harry and Henry started to run off when Severus yelled warningly, "I mean it to, stay out of trouble! And don't run in the store!" The boys slowed to a jog. Severus glared at them and mumbled what sounded like "Cheeky brats." Kathleen smiled at him.

Severus turned back to her and answered her question, "Yes James got married a women named Lillian Evens, but they both died when Harry and Henry were a year old." At this Kathleen gave him a sad look then gave him a hug, much to his dismay.

"Oh Severus I'm so sorry I mentioned it!" Kathleen said full of regret.

Severus sighed, "It's not your fault Kathleen, really! You had no idea. Don't worry about it." Severus tried to tell a very stubborn Kathleen who just kept saying how she was so sorry and then she went on saying that she shouldn't have brought James up in front of the boys, on and on it went.

"KATHLEEN! Please it was not your fault you had no idea, don't worry. The boys both understand and I know for sure that they won't think twice about what you said about James. Are you okay now?" Kathleen nodded much to Severus' relief. "Alright well I have to go and grab all the stuff we need, talk to you later?" Kathleen nodded and Severus went to the food section where he grabbed about anything that he thought looked good or he knew Harry and Henry liked.

Just as he was about to put a jug of milk into his cart he heard a scream followed by a long laugh. He dropped the milk into the cart and took off to where he thought he heard the commotion. Apparently Kathleen heard it too because she was walking in front of him trying to get to the place where she heard the noises.

'What are those two up to now?!' Severus thought trying to hold his temper and his temptation to just run off to the boys.

When both adults arrived at the scene what they saw made Kathleen burst into tears of laughter and Severus to narrow his eyes at the boys.

Harry was on top of Henry with what looked like Silly String all through his hair. Harry was wrestling Henry for the can of spray. Neither noticed the adults.

"Henry I swear if you don't give me the can now you'll have to sleep with your eyes open!" Harry threatened menacingly.

Severus raised his eye brows. While Henry finally managed to get out from under Harry and said, "Oh really? I do believe Harry James that you should be the one that should keep his eyes open tonight! You never know if the scary can of Silly String will attack you again." Henry danced out of reach from Harry arms.

Harry glared at him, "That's it!" He pounced on Henry and grabbed the can. Soon Henry found his face covered in Pink Silly String. Harry burst out laughing.

"I do say you look great in pink." Harry smiled wickedly as he attacked his brother again with a tackle.

Henry glared at him, "You! I swear-"

"BOYS! What do you two think you are doing?! UP NOW!" Severus gave them his best glare and turned to Kathleen who finally managed to get a hold of herself and finally took in her surroundings. Things were thrown everywhere from the fight. "Kathleen I am so sorry. I promise I will have the boys clean it up and then I can pay for the Silly String." He glared at the boys who finally stood and were standing there with Silly String all over them.

Kathleen waved off his apology. "No its okay Severus, really. Boys will be boys."

Severus sighed, "Fine, but they will clean this up!" Severus looked pointedly at the boys who automatically started cleaning up their mess.

Kathleen smiled at Severus and told him she had to go and deal with a customer who just walked in when the commotion started. Before she could walk away Severus made Harry and Henry apologize for ruining a can of Silly String and in the process making a mess of her store.

Once she was gone Severus turned to the boys and glared dangerously. "Just wait till we get home." And that was all he had to say for the boys to start fidgeting and cleaning faster.