Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
The first chapter by me (omega13a)
A Not So Welcomed Guest

A few days had passed and Severus, Harry, and Henry were eating breakfast when an eagle owl flew through an open window and dropped a letter on the table before leaving. Severus picked up the letter and opened it.

"It appears my godson is going to be here this afternoon. Something has come up and his parents need to go on an important business trip out of the country for a few days. Rather unusual for something like this to happen so early into the summer holidays..." Severus said while looking over the letter.

"So much for a quiet holiday..." Henry mumbled while Harry groaned.

"I know you don't get along with Draco but I do not want there to be any incidents during his stay. Also, remember there are two of you and only one of him." Severus pointed out.

"I didn't think about that." Harry replied, smirking. Severus just glared at Harry.

"I will deal with him about the curse he used on you. I think it might be best if you two are out of sight when he arrives. I will tell you when you can show yourselves." Severus instructed.

After lunch, there was a knock on the front door of the cottage and Severus informed Harry and Henry it was the Malfoys. Following Severus' instructions, they hid in the kitchen.

"Severus, a pleasure as always. I hope you don't mind having to watch Draco on such short notice but Narcissa and I have to urgently go to Switzerland because our solicitor is on the verge of making us lose a large sum of money." the voice of Lucius Malfoy was heard from the front room.

"I hope the Malfoys lose that money." Harry whispered to Henry to which Henry smirked, silently agreeing.

"Actually it was no problem Lucius. In fact, Professor Dumbledore had asked me and the other staff to ask students about an incident that happened at the Hogsmeade Station they may have witnessed while boarding the train," Severus explained. "A task I'm not looking forward to doing..."

"I didn't hear about any incident happening. What exactly happened and why not get the Ministry involved?" Lucius asked.

"Dumbledore has his reasons as usual even though it was something that Ministry would normally have aurors look into. An unidentified person fired a dangerous curse at The-Boy-Who-Lived as he was getting onto the train. According to Dumbledore the only thing that spared Potter his life was a spell Potter's mother had unintentionally placed on him that protected him from the Dark Lord's killing curse."

"Oh my. Just out of curiosity, what spell was it?"

"Dividus Horrificus."

"Whoever cast it must have been very foolish or have good aim to fire that curse in or at a crowd just to get one person. I can't imagine what I would do if Draco accidentally... Draco, I know that look on your face. You know something about this don't you?" Lucius asked in an accusing way.

"Yes..." Draco almost whimpered.

"Were you going through my journals again and decided to practice a spell you found?"

"Yes..."

"IDIOT BOY! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT SPELL DOES? IF IT WORKED THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO AND YOU WERE SPOTTED BY SOMEONE..." Lucius yelled. "I DID NOT AVOID AZKABAN ONLY FOR MY OWN SON TO LAND THE BOTH OF US THERE! NO FLYING AND NO FRIENDS OVER FOR THE REST OF SUMMER! AND NO BEING ON THE QUIDDITCH TEAM NEXT YEAR EITHER!"

With that, the front door slammed.

"I don't ever recall your father being so furious..." Severus said breaking a few moments of silence.

"I don't either. Just what was so bad about that spell?" Draco asked.

"You were very lucky the spell didn't come back at you like the killing curse did for the Dark Lord. It cuts a person in half as if someone drove a knife straight down the middle of their body. It's a rather gruesome way to die and I have yet to figure out why the Ministry hasn't declared it an Unforgivable given that it was used a few times on Muggles during the war." Severus replied as Draco paled. "Anyways, just because you are here doesn't mean your punishment will start when your parents get back. Also, there is something I want to show you. Boys! You can come out now!"

Taking the cue, Harry and Henry walked out of the kitchen and into the front room. Draco's eyes appeared to double in size and he started open and closing his mouth like fish out of water as he stood by a trunk, which Harry assumed, was Draco's.

"Why is Potter here? And what's with this blue-eyed clone of his?" Draco managed to ask, still in shock.

"Its not commonly known but I had an older half-brother. My half-brother was James Potter, which means that I am Harry Potter's uncle. Your failed Dividus Horrificus resulted in Harry acquiring a "twin" which Dumbledore and I named Henry Jacob Potter. As for why they are here and not at their muggle relatives' place, Harry's aunt never really wanted to take Harry in and Dumbledore and I agreed that she and her husband would never agree to take Henry in as well. Being their only other adult blood relative, they are going to be living with me until they can live on their own. I expect the three of you to at least be civil with each other. Understood?"

"Yes, sir..." the three boys said more or less in unison.

Harry didn't know about Henry, but he really didn't like Severus telling Draco that his aunt never wanted him. Draco teased Harry before the winter holidays about not being wanted at home and now Draco knew that was indeed the case.

"Draco, take your stuff to your room here and the three of you find something to do and please stay out of trouble..." Severus instructed. "And remember Draco, no flying."

Draco grumbled as he picked up the trunk as if it was no heavier then a feather, and headed up the stairs. Harry didn't trust Draco and had a feeling Draco might go into his and Henry's room and do something and proceeded to follow Draco upstairs. Henry apparently was thinking the same as he was following Harry and Draco.

Harry went to his room and sat on his bed, trying to pretend he wasn't concerned about Draco. Henry sat down next to him and decided to break the silence after 10 seconds.

"Just why did Mafoy have to spend part of the summer here?" Henry asked annoyed and as quiet as he could.

"Maybe it's the universe trying to balance itself out..." Harry replied. "I don't know about you but up until this morning, it was dream come true. I... We get to live with a relative that actually cares about us."

"No having to wait on Uncle Vernon and Dudley..." Henry commented.

"No being called a freak..." Harry added.

"Having clothes that fit..."

"Not getting snapped at for asking a question..."

"No worrying about being locked in a cupboard..."

"What's this about being locked in a cupboard? Famous Harry Potter, locked in a cupboard by muggles?" Draco said almost mocking them as Harry realized the door was open. The sight of Draco "spying" on them made both Harry and Henry stand up.

"Look Malfoy, I... Henry and I don't like talking about the people we used to live with. All I call say was they were horrible, hated magic, and we just wanted to get away from them because they were never our family. Now please leave us alone." Harry said to Draco, trying to be as "civil" as possible.

"Father always said muggles are lousy parents. Just wait until he hears about this. The Weasleys will have to beg for money on the streets because the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office will be closed." Malfoy replied chuckling. Henry apparently couldn't restrain himself and started to lunge at Draco.

Chapter End Notes:
First off all, I want to say this again; I am not the original author of this story. Severus Addicted put the story up for adoption and I asked if I can continue the story. Please do not blame me for anything that has happened in the story in previous chapters. The same goes for typos. As for pairings, I know I like Harry/Ginny, but I don't mind Harry/Hermione and Harry/Luna because Harry could have ended up with either one if things went differently. Remember there are two Harrys in this story and at least one of them isn't going to end up with Ginny. ;) Also I like pairings that are believable meaning I won't suddenly have two people who hate each other with almost homicidal fury suddenly confesses their love of the other to each other.

Anyways, reviews and I can do with more betas!