Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Trouble

"WHAT!?" Harry exclaimed. At the same time the dinning room window shattered. Harry just knew he caused it to do that though it had been a long time since he lost control of his magic like that.

"Calm down Harry!" Severus shouted.

"I don't want to be in Slytherin! Everyone will hate me!" Harry shouted.

"That is not true Harry and you know it!" Severus shouted back.

"Well almost everybody! Wood and the rest of the Quidditch team and most of Gryffindor will hate me for not being on the team anymore!"

"Harry, its not your fault you got transferred to Slytherin. If they bother you about it, just send them to your uncle, Professor McGonagall or I." Dumbledore calmly tried to reassure.

"What about the Slytherins? They're all a bunch of stupid psychotic wanna-be dark wizards that hate my guts! They're curse me in my sleep or something!" Harry continued to rant making Severus angry.

"They are not all stupid wanna-be dark wizards. Yes, a lot of them are but a lot of them are not. Furthermore more, not all dark wizards are and will be from Slytherin. All houses, including Gryffindor, have produced people who have gone bad. I will not have you go on about all Slytherins are bad. In addition, if any of them give you any trouble, they will have to deal with me and I don't tolerate such behavior. And for the record I am not a stupid psychotic wanna-be dark wizard!" Severus scolded.

Harry saw he wasn't getting anywhere. He was doomed to be in Slytherin. As much as he wanted to put up a big scene, he knew it just wasn't worth it so just sat there looking like a green-eyed storm cloud. The fact he had a scar shaped like a lightning bolt didn't help.

"Are you calmed down now?" Henry asked.

"Yes." Harry lied.

"We need to work on your temper. Not even your mother exploded like that," Severus said, still angry. "I think part of your punishment will be learning to control your emotions. The ministry won't like it if your accidental magic is seen by a muggle."

"Indeed. I might say you are going to be a powerful wizard. I never had an angry student blow out a window before..." Dumbledore added. "I might suggest you use paper clips to vent your anger on rather than windows. At least there won't be any mess to clean up though I wish we were in my office. I really enjoy using a broom the way muggles do. Anyways, aside from doing those scans and informing you of my finds as well as the bad news, I mainly came here to strengthen the wards around the house in case Voldemort or some other person who wishes to harm the two of you decides to show up."

"Very well, I suggest you get started. Harry, we will have a discussion about your outburst after Draco goes home. In the mean time, Harry, Henry, go back to what ever you were doing," Severus said sternly as he got up. The four people at the table got up and thought they heard something go up the stairs.


"A bunch of stupid psychotic wanna-be dark wizards? That was the best you could come up with Po-Harry?" Draco chucked from the door to Harry and Henry's bedroom. "I admit a troll is probably more intelligent than Crabbe, Goyle, and Bulstrode put together but Slytherins in general are not stupid. We just know better than to lose our head as my great-great-great grandfather Phineas Black said."

Both Harry and Henry just glared at Draco.

"No offense meant to Sir. Nicholas," Draco quickly apologized. "So you really were transferred to Slytherin?"

"Yes," Harry groaned and he sat on his bed.

"Well, if there's one Slytherin you should be afraid of, its Flint, Slytherin's Quidditch captain. After catching the snitch in like five minutes, he's going to keep hexing you until you join Slytherin's team. I heard his father taught him some rather nasty hexes..." Draco shuddered.

"I'll be careful," Harry groaned and Harry came to the conclusion that Draco not only was trying to recruit him to play Quidditch for the Slytherins but had been 'spying' on him and Henry again.

"Can't be as bad as that hex Ron said his sister is good at," Henry added making Draco roll his eyes.

"Flint's family is really into the dark arts so any curses and hexes Flint knows are nothing compared to anything a family like the Weasleys would know. But I doubt he would use any of them. The point is, Harry, if you are afraid of Slytherins, then try out for the Quidditch team," Draco continued to say before being interrupted.

"Makes sense. Slytherin will want to continue their winning streak and they won't harm their seeker," Henry interrupted.

"That's what I was going to say before you rudely interrupted..." Draco partially sneered.

"Than everyone in Gryffindor will hate me!" Harry protested.

"Well, if I replace you on Gryffindors team, maybe it might not be so bad." Henry suggested.

"But we only have one broom." Harry pointed out.

"Good point..." Henry replied.

"Maybe you can ask for one for our birthday?" Harry suggested.

"Good luck convincing your uncle to support a rival team..." Draco sighed.


A couple days later Draco went back home, having not apologized for the things he did to Harry and Henry. Harry, for his outburst during Dumbledore's visit, not only got a spanking, but was grounded for a week.

During the following month they learned someone was apparently stealing Harry and Henry's mail. It was the only explanation that made sense when Mrs. Weasley made a Floo call in mid-July call asking why Harry and Henry weren't responding to Ron and Hermione's letters. The ministry official that was assigned to the case couldn't figure out the exactly what the cause was saying to the mail saying as soon as it got exactly four kilometers from their home, the letters just vanished into thin air as if there was some kind of anti-mail ward, something Dumbledore deigned setting up. Without knowing the exact cause, solving it proved impossible.

The only other odd thing was that Harry woke up one morning with "Stupid Psychotic Wanna-Be Dark Wizard" written on his forehead. Henry denied doing it and and even proved he was innocent by talking a wizard's oath.

Harry and Henry's birthday party made their 12th birthday the best they could remember. Only the Weasleys showed up, Hermione wanted to attend but she was with her parents site seeing in France. Both Harry and Henry got brand new Nimbus 2001s from professor Dumbledore, making Severus grumpy, in addition to some new clothes from Mrs. Weasley, a bunch of candy from Fred, George and Ron, and a pocket book on defensive spells from Percy. Severus' present for Harry was a book on meditation and beginning occlumency, something that was obviously part of Harry's punishment for his outburst during Dumbledore's visit. Henry's present from Severus was a potion making reference book to help him in class.

At the end of the day, Harry and Henry went to go to their room and get ready for bed. However, they found some small humanoid creature with big ears, a long nose, and large eyes wearing a dirty pillow case that might have been white at one time was there.

"Wha-Who are you?" Harry asked startled by the creature.

"I can't say. If my family ever knew I was here, I will have iron my ears..." the creature replied frightened.

"Your family?" Henry asked.

"My wizard family. I has to serve them until I die or they free me by giving me clothes..." the creature answered nervously. "But that's not important. There's a plot to make terrible things happen at Hogwarts. Harry Potters must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

"But our friends are going to be there! Uncle Severus!" Henry shouted.

"Friends that don't even write to Harry Potters?" the creature asked.

"Hold on, you made our letters disappear! Uncle Severus!" Harry shouted, hoping to make Severus hurry up who apparently was taking their time getting to their room.

"I will give them to you if you agree not to go back to school..." the creature said nervously.

"We have to go back. Our Uncle Severus teaches there and if we don't go to Hogwarts, we have a place to live," Harry explained, relieved to hear Severus coming up the stairs though it sounded like he was moving in slow motion.

"Then you leave me with no choice... I got to go!" the creature said before disappearing with a pop. Suddenly it sounded like Severus was running up the stairs.

"What is going on up here? I heard the two you shouting and sounded like you both inhaled helium balloons..." Severus said sounded a little panicked. Harry and Henry told him about the creature.

"Sounds like a rouge house elf..." Severus muttered. "You sure he didn't tell you his name?"

"Yeah. He said he didn't want his family to find out he was here..." Harry answered.

"I'll tell Professor Dumbledore about this though I find it ominous he said you left him with no other choice..." Severus replied concerned. Just than there was knock on the door.

"Who could that be at this hour..." Severus muttered. "I'll be back. If that house elf returns, yell."

Severus went back downstairs and answered the door. Harry and Henry could hear Severus talking with some woman though they couldn't make out what was being said.

"BOYS! COME DOWN HERE!" Severus shouted. Both Harry and Henry, curious and scared, obeyed. When they came to the front room, they saw a blond haired woman in her 30s wearing a blue robe that removed all doubt the woman was a witch.

"Harry, Henry, like I've said to your uncle here, I'm sorry to have to disturb you at this hour but I'm from the Improper Use of Magic Office to notify your uncle that I was going to arrest the two of you for using summoning charms to steal items from a muggle store in town."

Chapter End Notes:
As to why the Ministry doesn't send a letter when Harry breaks the window and Dobby somehow managing to slow down time (I know I didn't say that in the chapter but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out given the character's observations), its because the Ministry knows that a wizard lives in that house and figured its Severus.

Anyways, I'm personally not satifide with this chapter. I want to get to the events of Harry's second year as quickly as possible and I couldn't think of enough small details to happen between Dumbledore's visit and Harry and Henry's birthday.

Anyways, reviews!