Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Diary and Joining Slytherin's Team

It was at night and Harry sat down at his desk at home and decided to write in the diary Ginny gave him earlier that day. Henry was already asleep or was pretending to be asleep. Hedwig was out hunting and Azure appeared to be asleep. Harry felt so drawn to the diary but couldn't figure out why. He was so drawn to it, he couldn't sleep.

Harry opened the diary to the first page and saw in smudged ink the name T. M. Riddle. Harry figure someone wrote in the book while it was in the store but the name T. M. Riddle seemed so familiar.

Harry didn't know where to begin when he had his quill ready. He never wrote in a diary before so he decided to start with a something at seamed silly, at least to him. "My name is Harry Potter. I'm twelve years old and sitting at my desk in our bedroom - the one that my brother and I share." Harry wrote.

The text faded confusing Harry. However in its place different text appeared.

"Good evening, Harry Potter, my name is Tom Riddle. I am the previous owner of this diary. I'm sixteen years old. How, may I ask, did you come across my old diary?" 'Tom Riddle' wrote back. Harry was startled but figured diaries that wrote back were nothing unusual. At least to witches and wizards.

"My friend Ron's younger sister Ginny gave it to me. Said she had too many diaries." Harry wrote back.

"Interesting. I guess I wasn't the previous owner of it then. Just out of curiosity, do you go to Hogwarts?" Tom wrote back.

"Yes. My brother Henry and I will start our second year in a few weeks."

"Are you and your brother twins? Just curious."

Harry paused for a moment before responding. Explaining what Dumbledore said was confusing. Earlier that day when Hermione asked how it was possible Henry is alive, he told her to ask Dumbledore because it was hard to explain.

"Yes. We're not in the same house though. I'm in Slytherin and he's in Gryffindor."

"I was in Slytherin when I was going to Hogwarts. I was in the class of 1945. I started in 1938."

"Its 1992 now. My first year and this summer haven't been normal. At least compared to 1990."

"How's so?"

Harry explained about the Dursleys to Tom, how he learned he was a wizard, having to solve the mystery about the philosopher's stone. Tom interrupted every now and then asking questions about Henry and why Harry was in Gryffindor when he said earlier he was in Slytherin. Harry kept telling Tom he was getting to that. Finally Harry explained about Draco trying to curse him and how it resulted in Henry the best he could.

"Interesting. I believe I read about that curse. What I don't understand is how you were able to survive it? Dividus Horificus is deadly to all known beings," Tom asked.

"Professor Dumbledore said it was because of this protection charm my mum placed on me when she died." Harry replied, realizing he had some how forgot to mention how his parents died.

"How did she die?"

"Voldemort wanted to kill me when I was a baby. My mum could have gotten away but instead took the killing curse for me. When Voldemort tried to kill me after he killed my mum, he couldn't. The curse backfired on him or something. Now he's some kind of wraith. Everyone thinks I'm some kind of hero for making Voldemort disappear when all I did was nothing."

"That is very interesting," Tom replied as Harry felt a slight headache coming on.


The rest of August came and went and it was now September First. Harry, Henry, and Severus arrived at King's Cross station at 10:45 AM, with more than enough time for Harry and Henry to get there stuff onto the train, and find a compartment. Even though it would have been less hassle to go straight to the school, school policy said all students who had parents or guardians in the school had to leave the school for a few hours and come back on the train so they don't steal any of the seats with in easy reach of popular items. At least there was no such rule about pets and Severus said he'd take Azure and Hedwig straight to Hogwarts. Harry and Henry pushed their trolleys towards to barrier to platform 9¾. Just as they were about to enter the barrier, their trolleys crashed into a very solid barrier and bounced back, knocking the two boys down and getting the attention of near by Muggles.

"Loss control of the trolley..." Harry lied as he got up. Henry hoped his brother's explanation would satisfy the Muggles' curiosity.

"That is very odd. The barrier should never seal itself like this..." Severus said very quietly to the two boys as he tried to go through. "Wait right here while I notify Professor Dumbledore. I have a hunch this is that visitor you had on your birthday is responsible for this."

Severus apparated and less than 30 seconds later he was back with Professor Dumbledore. In those 30 seconds Severus was gone, a small crowd of parents and students wanting to get through the barrier had formed. Professor Dumbledore was able to open the barrier in a few seconds and everyone was able to get through before the crowd drew any more attention from Muggles than it already had. Severus saw to it that Harry and Henry were safely on board the train, so much as to telling them to not be alone in a compartment together and, much to their annoyance, telling at least 3 prefects, including Percy, to check up on them on regular intervals. After Severus left, Harry and Henry found the compartment Ron and Hermione was in and sat down opposite of each other with Ron next to Harry and Hermione next to Henry.

"What was up with the barrier?" Hermione asked first thing.

"Un-Professor Snape said he thinks that rouge house elf we told you about did it." Henry answered.

"He must be completely mental if you ask me. First preventing you from getting your mail, then trying to frame you of stealing cans of corn, and now stopping you from getting through the barrier." Ron chuckled.

"I don't find it funny at all." Harry grumbled causing Ron to do a quick apology.

"Are you OK? You don't look to good..." Henry replied looking at his brother. Something just didn't seem right but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

"He looks fine to me Henry..." Hermione replied confused.

"I'm fine Henry. Really," Harry replied, not convening Henry. At that moment, the train lurched forward but didn't move very far.

"What now?" Harry complained after a few moments, noticing the train hadn't moved any with the exception for the one lurch. There was another lurch, but like before, the train didn't move far. Finally a voice was heard.

"This is the current driver of the train speaking. As you probably have guessed, we are having some difficulties in getting this train to move. Please stand by while we try to diagnose and correct the problem."

"Why do I have feeling this is that elf again?" Harry asked to no one in particular.

While they waited for the train to get moving, a person Harry and Henry instantly recognized as Marcus Flint entered the compartment. Flint seemed a little confused at seeing two Harry's.

"Which one of you is Harry?" Flint asked trying to tell the different between the two from the compartment door.

"I am..." Harry replied nervous. Henry just knew what was going on. Flint was there to recruit Harry for Slytherin's team.

"I heard from Malfoy that you were transferred to Slytherin because of what happened at the start of the summer holidays..." Flint started to explain.

"Harry, what is he talking about?" Hermione interrupted all confused. Before either Harry or Henry could reply, Ron spoke up.

"After Malfoy cursed Harry, Dumbledore put the Sorting Hat on both Harry and Henry's head. It said Slytherin for Harry and Gryffindor for Henry," Ron explained sounding disappointed.

"Dumbledore says I'm now in Slytherin house..." Harry replied sounding rather unenthusiastic.

"Anyways, I was wondering if you were interested in joining Slytherin's team. Malfoy said you were." Flint continued sounding much like a salesman. Both Ron and Hermione looked rather shocked.

"I am," Harry replied, causing silent protests from both Ron and Hermione.

"Since I can't play for Gryffindor anymore because me being in Slytherin, Henry said he'll be Seeker for Gryffindor. This way both of us can play Quidditch," Harry explained, calming down Ron and Hermione for the time being.

"But don't you have one broom? It will be hard to play against each other sharing a broom," a confused Flint asked.

"We both got Nimbus 2001's for our birthday." Harry explained.

"Excellent. If anyone has a chance of beating, your... brother in catching the snitch its you. The tryouts are next week Wednesday. Be there. I need to replace a chaser, a keeper, and a beater," Flint said before leaving. Just then the train started moving.

"How could you betray Gryffindor like that Harry?" a mad Ron asked. "Gryffindor will never win the cup with you playing for Slytherin!"

"I'm going to be playing for Gryffindor so Gryffindor may win, even if we loose to Slytherin during the first game," Henry pointed out.

"I guess. But that doesn't mean I like what you just did. Just be careful, Harry... Fred and George might mistake your head for a Bludger during a game," Ron grumbled.

Chapter End Notes:

There's chapter 20. I think I'm on a roll with this story though one of my betas is going to go on vacation so you may have to wait a week or two for another chapter. Also, I'm back at college now so I may not have as much time as before so updates may still be slower than normal after my beta gets back.

Anyways, reviews please!