Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Social Outcast
Defence class was interesting. Uncle Lucius, or Dumbledore was an excellent teacher. He started off with a lecture on safety and then went on to the lesson.


The best part was that the lesson wasn't something Severus had already taught Harry. At least never practically. Harry did know how to cast a shield charm, theoretically. He'd never been old enough, or had enough magic to cast the spell.


“Protego!” Harry glanced around at his classmates. He hadn't had any problems conjuring the blue-green shield to guard himself. Not like everyone else. He smirked as Stephen waved his wand wildly. Mudblood. None of the Hufflepuffs had managed either.


“All right everyone.” Lucius had the class sit down. He spelled a diagram of a duelling arena onto the front board. “Using Protego along with any hexes or jinxes you know we are going to hold a duel. It's a practical application of our skills. Are there any volunteers to start off?”


Harry shot his hand into the air. This sounded exciting and he knew plenty of spells. And getting even with his classmates sounded. . .pleasurable. Although it was wrong to feel good about hurting them. It made him no better than an evil wizard.


“Black and Li. The two of you, then the winner will battle Abbot.”


Harry sprung up eagerly. Su was smart enough, but she had been living with muggles for the past few years, there was no way her skills could match his. And he wanted to beat her, she was looking rather nervous. And a second of hesitation in duelling made the difference between a loose and a win.


“Take your positions.”


Harry pointed his wand straight out in front of himself and decided quickly on the spell he wanted to use. It would be humiliating and painful, just the thing for revenge. In fact, it was often known as the Revenge Curse.


“Begin.”


“Turbo!” Harry flicked his wand. It wasn't the spell he'd been planning on using, but it worked. Su was lifted up in the giant waterspout and thrown across the classroom, almost smashing into the opposite wall.


Lucius had his wand pointed at the girl and was trying as hard as he could to stop her from hitting the wall. The spell was stronger and more advanced than he'd been expecting. Especially from Severus's son, the man was too protective!


The class stopped paying attention to the scene at the front after Lucius set Su gently onto the floor. She began to cough up the water in her lungs and stood up, her clothes dripping wet from the spell.


Lucius dried her with a charm and set her to the Hospital wing with Sally-Ann Perks to make sure she got checked out. And he didn't let Harry fight the next fight. It wasn't something he felt comfortable with, so the rest of the class remained rather tame.


Harry spaced out for the rest of the afternoon. He didn't care what the other eleven year olds could do in duels. He was already better than all of them, and quite a few of the second years as well. History of Magic was as boring as usual. Binns seemed to talk about the same thing over and over again. It was always goblin revolutions and more goblin revolutions. Harry couldn't care less.


“Harry.” Draco called to him as they got out of their last class. History was now right across the hall from Defence and the Slytherins had it right after the Ravenclaws. “Did you get the message?”


Harry swung his bag over his shoulder and looked tiredly at Draco. “No, what is it? Something about my Dad being angry again?”


Draco shook his head. “We've got the first official pureblood-muggleborn alliance meeting tonight. It said to be at the Snape quarters immediately after the last class.”


Harry groaned. Things with Stephen weren't going well and his father would not be happy. He used to be punished very severely for using the word mudblood. He'd even been able to stop using it for awhile, but now he was back to his usual bad language. “Fine, I'll be there soon.”


Draco nodded and headed off to the dungeons. Amazingly enough, Hermione Granger was walking beside him and the two of them had their heads together discussing various classes and teachers. Not that Harry cared. He just wished that they'd talk to him as happily as they would each other.


He paused to make sure his bag was secure and peaked into his Uncle Lucius's class. It was a NEWT level class and Lucius was just taking a drink from an opaque bottle on his desk. It could have been polyjuice potion, but Harry couldn't tell from a room away.


“Hello Harry.” Bellatrix gave him a brief look when he came in through the door and put the finishing touches on her clothing. A few charms to keep everything tidy and dry. “I'll see you in a few days.”


Harry shrugged. He still remembered the nasty spells she'd wanted him to cast, it made him uneasy to think about them. “Dad? You home?”


Snape stuck his head out of his office. “A moment Harry. I just need to finish this conversation.”


Harry nodded and walked to where the other three students were working on their homework. Or talking in the case of Draco and Hermione. It bored Harry. He walked past them and stopped at the door of his father's office, peering cautiously inside.


Severus was deep in conversation with Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. They were going over what looked like lesson plans and arguing over a calender that had at least twenty different colours spread over the month.


Harry only had one problem with that. Lucius was teaching a class upstairs, at least he thought Lucius was. Everything was getting so confusing. Dumbledore hurt, Lucius having polyjuice potion, the plotters in the dungeons. Harry wanted to return to the days in Primary school when his biggest concern was how much homework he had.


Finally Snape came out of his office and took a seat at the head of the table. There was a stack of parchment to his left, quill and ink to his right. “Very well then. Our group needs to pick a topic to focus on.”


Hermione had her papers out too. “There's already a group doing food, another for clothing and a third for transportation.”


“what kind of group are we suppose to be making any way?” Stephen asked, he hadn't bothered to read the outline paper.


Stupid mudblood. Harry scowled at him. “It suppose to be something that you can compare and contrast between wizards and muggles. Like food or clothing. What about pets?”


Snape shook his head. “We need something that you can spend time on, not a project that you could do in an evening.”


Stephen smirked at Harry. “I've always been interested in Wizarding childhood. Before Hogwarts. Primary schools, toys, stuff like that.”


Hermione nodded and scribbled a few notes down on to her parchment. “There's so many differences. Ways we played, dressed. It covers everything, just during a specific time period. Great idea!” She smiled happily at Stephen.


Draco nodded. “Muggles do have some interesting habits. And they treat their children differently. Father told me that they send them off to school really early and they have to work since there aren't any house elves.”


Snape nodded and made a note on his parchment. “Very well, if you're all in agreement?”


Draco, Hermione and Stephen all nodded at each other. “Definitely.” Hermione said, speaking for the three of them.


Harry was fuming mad. The meeting had started badly and gone downhill from there. His father and the three students ignored him as they shared stories over dinner. Harry felt as if he'd become invisible. He wanted to move back into his parents quarters and return to Primary school. He had friends there and things were so much easier.


“We will be meeting again next Tuesday evening.” Snape told his group as they finished their meal. “Over the next few days you will write a two foot long essay on your schooling before Hogwarts.” He opened the door and waited for them to leave.


Harry hung back, he wanted to talk to his father, get some help with the situation he was in. Maybe even some clarification on the multiple Uncle Lucius and Headmaster Dumbledore problem, but he had no such luck.


“Harry, I've got quite a bit of work tonight. Bellatrix and I are leaving early tomorrow morning. You'll have to stay in Ravenclaw this weekend. I'm not letting you go to the Malfoys.” Severus gave his son a quick hug. “You're going to be a big brother!”


Great! Now my parents haven't even got time for me! Harry tried to keep a glare from filling his face and nodded sullenly. “Such. See you on Monday.”


“Have a good weekend.” Snape ran his hand through Harry's hair and sent him out the door. As soon as the door was closed he let an enormous smile fill his face. He was going to be a father! In blood, not just in name!


Harry headed up to Ravenclaw slowly. There wasn't anything in Hogwarts for him any more. A few days ago he'd had friends and fun, it hadn't taken long for him to become a social outcast. Even the Hufflepuffs wouldn't meet his eyes.


“Oi! Look who it is!”


Harry glanced toward the voice and gave a mental groan. Ron Weasley and a few of his Gryffindor cronies were standing at the top of the staircase that lead out of the dungeons and they were looking particularly blood thirsty. Harry had never gotten along with Ron and now that Ravenclaw didn't stand behind him, he was an easy target.


“It's Black. The Dark Wizard wanna-be who ended up in Ravenclaw.”


“What did you do? Bribe the sorting hat? You're Slytherin spawn.”


“Son of Death Eaters!”


Harry glared at them and tried to push past them to get back to his own house. “Leave off. Just because I've got more than a single brain cell doesn't mean that I'm evil.”


Ron stuck out his tongue. “He's friends with Draco Malfoy and Professor Malfoy is his uncle! And both his parents are professors! I know where his good marks come from!”


Harry tried to ignore their hurtful comments. He wanted to relax and read in the common room, or go to bed. “Look Weasley, just because your parents can't afford any education and mine can is no reason to be jealous. Just work hard and you won't end up like them.”


Ron's ears turned bright red and he clenched his hands into fists. “Take that back! My family's worth one hundred Death Eater families! After all, You-Know-Who tells them who to marry and when to have kids! They don't even like each other!”


Harry pulled out his wand and pointed it at Ron. “You take that back! My parents love each other and they got married after the war!”


“Then you're illegitimate! The war ended after you were born, unless Ravenclaw accepts ten year olds now.” Ron smirked, he thought he had the best point.


Harry pointed his wand more steadily at Ron. His hand was shacking in anger. “I'm adopted. And if you don't take back everything you said, I'll curse you. I'll curse you so hard that you'll wish you never were born.”


Ron laughed and glanced at his friends to make sure they were still with him. He was too much of a coward to pick on someone alone. He opened his mouth and than closed it. His supply of insults had been dried out. “Death Eater!”


Harry stopped holding back on his magic. It was taking a lot out of him and the curse made him feel so much better. “Sanguine!” He yell, the magic flowed out of his wand and smashed into Ron's chest.


Blood began to pour from the Weasley's ears, mouth and nose. He fell to his knees, clutching at his eyes in a fruitless attempt to steam the flow of blood.


Harry dropped his wand onto the floor. He hadn't known what the curse was going to do. It was something he'd come across in a book. It was suppose to be good curse for getting revenge. The spell had something about not being illegal and much messier than the Cruciatus curse.


This was definitely going to get him in major trouble. If he was lucky enough to not be expelled or suspended for using the Dark Arts on another student.


Harry dropped onto his knees and picked up his wand hoping that he'd be able to remember the counter curse and save Ron and himself. But when he lifted his arm to cast the spell a strange haze appeared in front of his eyes and before he knew what was happening everything around him was going black.


Uh oh...