Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Guardians

Severus blinked. “Had she just called him ‘Snow Angle’? Not having time to think this further he turned to the fairies. “Get us home fast.” He knew they were fast than he was.

Noel nodded and used her magic.

Without waiting he rushed Willow into his lab and set her down on his couch. “Accio fever reduce potion.” A small vial sped towards him and he caught it expertly. Gently he pulled Willow to him and tilted her head back so she would swallow the potion; despite this though Willow still was dying. Severus noticed the bruises and blood covering her face and arms and knew this was more serious than he’d thought. “Please help me.” He looked up at the tow fairies. “I don’t have the required potions she needs.”

Noel looked over to Loki.

“There are rules, Snape.” Loki said sadly. “This is out of our hands…err… territory I mean. This is Azrael’s turf. He’s the fairy of Death after all.”

Severus glared. “There must be something we can do!”

Noel whispered into Loki’s ear.

“Hmm…maybe…perhaps…hmm.” Loki nodded and shook his head a few more times. “Well… if anyone could do it sis you could. So go for it!”

Noel smiled and vanished without another word or glance.

“Snape do everything you can to keep her alive, this may take a little while but it’s our best shot.”

“What is our best shot?” Severus demanded.

“We’re going to see if we can talk Uncle Azrael into helping out.” Severus nodded. “Please hurry.” Loki nodded before following his sister. Severus returned his attention to Willow who was barely alive now. “Child you need to hang on. Help is coming child.” He reached out and gently rang his fingers through her hair. She really looked like her father, but there was Lily in her too. She had her mother’s nose, hands, and her mother’s eyes. Perhaps he was wrong about her completely. He prayed the child wouldn’t suffer because of his lack of interest at first. ‘Please…Please whoever is up there, be you God, Merlin, or Azrael or whoever! Help this little girl, she doesn’t deserve this, no one does. Please, please, please, save her. Spare her.’  Severus bowed his head and prayed. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d prayed, but he needed to now. He just hoped that for once someone was listening.

PSPSPSPSPS

(Fairy Kingdom)

 

Noel flew into the meeting chambers and bowed to her parents. “My Lord and Lady, is Lord Azrael about?”

                 

Titania tilted her head and eyed her youngest daughter. “What is wrong Noel? Why are you not enjoying your one night of reign?”

               

“I have a problem and require uncle’s help mother.” Noel prayed her mother would be on her side. She knew her mother had a soft spot for human children.

               

Oberon raised and eyebrow and pointed over Noel’s shoulder. “Your Uncle shall hear you.”

               

Noel spun around and saw her uncle standing before her. Azrael, the Lord of the dead, was an intimidating sight. He had dark eyes and hair that stood out in contrast to his deathly white skin, he stood tall and audacious. “Noel?”

               

“Uncle, there is a human whom I have come to care for who is entering your domain,”

               

Azrael didn’t even let her finish. “Absolutely not; no human may return from the land of the dead.”

               

“She’s not dead yet, uncle.” Noel pleaded.

               

Azrael sighed. “How close is she?”

               

“Very. But uncle she’s an innocent.”

               

“Most who come to me are, Noel. I’m sorry for you loss but it is done.” Azrael turned to leave.

               

“Uncle, please! I beg of you, spare this child. She was beaten by her family tonight, the night where love should rule, yet hate intervened! I lost this child’s mother and friend because of hates inference, I shant loose her too! Please!” Noel bowed to her uncle and pleaded with her eyes.

               

Azrael eyed his niece without emotion.

               

Loki sped into the room and landed beside his sister. “Uncle, I too must beg you spare this child. It is because of me…partially, that it has come to this. Willow Potter doesn’t deserve what has befallen her. Please Uncle, Lord of the dead, release this one soul from your grasp.” Loki remained firm showing his seriousness.

               

Azrael turned his gaze to his sister and King. “What say you my Lord and Lady?”

               

“Death is yours Lord Azrael.” Oberon said.

               

Titania stood and approached her children and brother. “Why does this child mean so much to you?”

               

Noel stood as well. “She’s full of Christmas spirit and love. Very few are like that nowadays, mother. Plus without her I cannot redeem an old claim I once had, nor can she fulfill her destiny.”

               

“Which is?” Titania asked.

               

“To save the world, she’s the Girl Who Lived, mother.” Loki said quietly.

               

Titania’s eyes widened. “Azrael...”

               

Azrael nodded in understanding. “I suppose… however this cannot be done only to have her go dying on us later on.”

               

Loki and Noel looked at each other in confusion.

               

“I will agree to spare this child’s life on the condition that she has both a mortal and immortal guardian.”

               

Noel protested. “Uncle I cannot use my magic until Christmas. I’d be useless to her.”

               

“Then another must be her guardian.” Azrael said.

               

“I do not trust any other.” Noel said in despair.

               

“I’ll do it.” Loki stepped forward surprising everyone including himself.

               

“You,” Azrael raised and eyebrow in disbelieve. “You’d volunteer to be forever bonded to a human?”

               

Loki lowered his gaze and wondered what the hell he was thinking. He didn’t like humans. Sure he liked to prank them but he’d never actually liked one or watched over one, or felt protective of one. Not till Willow Potter anyway. 

               

“Know this Loki; her life right now hangs on a thread. Your choice now decides her fate as well as yours. Choose.” Azrael said decisively, his gaze cold and hard.

               

Noel and Titania watched Loki, both wondering what his choice would be.

 

Slowly Loki raised his eyes to meet the Lord of the Dead’s gaze, his choice made.

 

PSPSPSPSPS

 

Severus raised his head when he heard the sound of wings. Looking up he saw Noel and Loki hovering behind a tall black haired fairy who wore a black and silver crown. This had to be Azrael the Fairy of Death.

               

“Severus Snape I have been asked to spare this child.” Azrael eyed the mortal before him with a questioning stare. “I have agreed,” Severus sighed in relief but Azrael continued. “O n the condition Willow Jami Potter has both a mortal and immortal guardian. My nephew has agreed, what say you?”

               

Severus blinked. “I…I don’t understand. There must be someone out there better than I. she deserves better.” Severus looked down at the small child who was barley clinging to life. She was definitely a fighter, just like her parents.

               

Azrael nodded. “She may indeed deserve better, but people don’t always get what they deserve. So I ask again, for the final time; do you except my terms? Will you become guardian to Willow Potter?”

               

Severus turned his gaze to Willow again. She seemed so fragile, and she was! Did he really have the right to do this? Should he?

               

“Lily would want you to.” Azrael said suddenly.

               

“I beg your pardon?” Severus stood.

               

Azrael closed his eyes. “Lily Evans is a very persistent witch.” He eyed his niece, “Noel, I believe you know what to do and you have my blessing.”

               

Noel smiled brightly and said softly. “Lily Evans, plentyn of Love, glywed fy gwys ar y Noson Nadolig. Dewch ymlaen ac yn gwneud yr hyn yr ydych yn, gyda bendith dy a chariad ogoniant.”

           

There was a moments silence when suddenly the lights dimmed and flickered then a bright white light appeared. Lily Evans stepped forward and smiled. “Thank you Noey, and Merry Christmas.”

           

Noel smiled and kissed Lily’s cheek. “I missed you Lily flower, and Merry Christmas.”

           

Lily nodded to Azrael, and then she turned her gaze to Snape. “Hello Sev, Merry Christmas.”

           

Severus paled and took a step forward. “L-Lily, is it really you?”

           

“It is.” Lily’s smile turned sad as she eyed her daughter who was fading. “Severus you need to let me go. I love you but I also love James. I’m sorry we fought. And I’m sorry I wasn’t a very good a friend in the end.”

           

Severus shook his head. “No Lily it was never you’re fault, the blame lies with me. And…I’m sorry. For everything, it’s completely my fault that you and…your husband,”

           

Lily glared. “It was not your fault. You didn’t know who that prophecy was about. I do not blame you Sev, I never did.”

           

Tears streamed unchecked down Severus’s cheeks. “T-thank you Lily, it’s…it’s more than I deserve.”

           

Lily smiled gently at her old friend. “Severus, please take care of my little girl. I have complete faith in you. And I truly believe she is exactly what you need as well. It’s time for you to forgive yourself Sev. Everyone else has.”

           

Severus turned to Willow and saw that she was still fading. “You truly wish to place you only child in my care?”

           

“I do.” Lily said.

           

Straitening up Severus turned to Azrael. “I’ll do it. I’ll become her guardian.”

           

Azrael nodded. “Loki, come here.”

           

Loki flew forward and hovered beside Severus. “Loki Silvertongue, you have accepted responsibility for this child, is it so?”

           

“It is.” Loki said.

           

“Severus Snape, you have accepted responsibility for this child, is it so?”

           

“It is.” Severus said.

           

Azrael nodded. “Clasp hands, all three of you.” He motioned toward Lily.

           

Lily reached out and grasped hands with Severus and Loki. “Will you, Loki Silvertongue, protect my daughter, Willow Jami Potter?”

           

Loki’s eyes flickered to Willow as he said, “I will.”

           

A golden thread wrapped around Loki and Willow’s arms.

           

“Severus Snape, will you protect my daughter, Willow Jami Potter?”

           

“I will.” Another golden clasp appeared on Willows arm and one appeared on Severus’s.

           

“And do you both swear to support and guide her throughout her life? Care for her, protect her, and love her?” Lily asked.

           

“I do.” Severus swore.

           

“I do.” Loki answered.

           

Two more threads appeared on Willow while Loki and Severus each received one.

           

Azrael approached Willow and gently placed his hand on her brow. “Live child, you have earned the right to rest. Your battle is over, for now.” He turned to Lily. “We must return.”

           

Lily nodded, she turned to Loki. “Take care of her. Don’t play with her life like you have so many others. She is not a toy, she is your ward.”

           

Loki nodded and went over to Willow.

           

Lily turned to Severus. “Love her Sev; she’s your child now too.”

           

Severus nodded once. “Goodbye Lily.”

           

“Goodbye Severus, and merry Christmas, to all of you.”

           

Noel smiled. “I shall go with you, Lily. It’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other.”

           

Lily laughed.

           

“Merry Christmas everyone, take care of that girl or there will be hell to pay next year.” Noel warned.

           

“Just leave already,” Loki said tiredly he was exhausted.

           

Noel bowed and blew them all a kiss before vanishing with Lily and Azrael by her side.

           

Loki sighed. “So, now what do we do?”

           

Severus snorted. “How am I supposed to know?”

           

Loki shrugged.

           

“We sleep, and tomorrow we start… we start moving on.”

           

Loki nodded after a moment. “Sounds good, it’s simple and easy to remember.” He zoomed over to Willow’s pillow and lay down beside her head. “Night, Snape.”

           

Severus shook his head not believing he was stuck with the fairy of mischief, “Night pest.”

           

“PEST,” Loki glared before turning to Willow. “Good night darling, and merry Christmas.” Loki then fell asleep.

           

Severus remained awake for a few minutes and just stared at Willow and Loki. “Goodnight, little Snow Angel. Merry Christmas,” Severus then too feel asleep.

           

And all three of them dreamed of the life they would have together.   

 

 

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

WELSH: Lily Evans, plentyn of Love, glywed fy gwys ar y Noson Nadolig. Dewch ymlaen ac yn gwneud yr hyn yr ydych yn, gyda bendith dy a chariad ogoniant.”
ENGLISH: Lily Evans, child of Love, hear my summons on this Christmas Night. Come forth and do what you will, with thy blessing and thy love.