Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's short. Enjoy. :D
Telling Harry

Perhaps this is not my wisest idea I’ve ever had. Apprehension flows through every vein as I pace back and forth in front of my fireplace waiting. Minerva has informed me earlier that she has completed the necessary paperwork. Unfortunately, she and Albus both have decided that for my punishment of ruining their plans, I have to be the one to tell the boy, which is why I am here now pacing manically in my figurative cage.

It takes awhile for me to recognize the soft tapping at my door. He’s here. I draw in a breath before I answer the knock with a low growl to the boy to enter. The door slowly opens before Harry walks in. Judging by the look on his face, I can see that he’s not going to be as happy about this situation as I am. It is understandable, though. I have been rather harsh and unfair towards him. However, that has changed now. He is in my house now as it should have been from the very beginning if a certain headmaster had remained neutral.

I motion towards Harry that he may sit down. He only glares at me before finally taking a seat . I sense the anger and slight fear in his stance. His posture practically screams at me that he hates the idea of being in the same room with me. Yes, well, I have never had things come to me easily. Why should I expect this to be any different?

I calmly and bluntly state that he’s been resorted into my house. I am unprepared for the backlash of that simple statement. Harry stares at me for a moment before laughing hysterically. I watch him for a few minutes as the laughter slowly subsides. Yes, he is so like Lily. I softly then inform him that I am not jesting. The boy’s laughter ceases instantly and the familiar green eyes turn into daggers. I do not allow him to get a word in edgewise. I immediately enlighten him that the Headmaster and his former Head of House both have agreed to my request. Within seconds, I feel the built up energy surrounding the boy. I quickly cast a non-verbal shield around Harry and myself. After all, I am not stupid. I know precisely what will occur if I bring Harry into the Hospital Wing with cuts and bruises. Poppy Pomfrey will be the least of my troubles after Minerva and Albus get through with me. However, seconds later, Harry stand up and storms out of my office. Well, that could have gone better, I think.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
The sequel to this story is SLC: Resorted.