Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Little chapter on Syra Sinistra before we get to meet the woman herself. Enjoy. :)
Family

"So," Harry quietly said before he glanced towards Professor Sinistra.

"If you're expecting me to bite you, Mr. Potter, you'll be disappointed."

"It's just he made it seem like you aren't going to age after thirty-five so isn't it like your mum?"

"I haven't seen her in years. In fact, the last time I saw her was my Hogwarts graduation."

"Oh, you and your mum don't get along?"

"That's to put it mildly," she snorted harshly. "My mother believes in one thing, and that is that I am to carry on the family line by marrying a pureblood. My future husband must also be a Slytherin."

"Well, doesn't Snape fit that category?"

"Slytherin yes, pureblood no," she answered. "There is also the fact that he served Voldemort."

"Your mum's against him?"

"Yes, but now it seems as if the only reason she was against him was because he was killing off her food supply. At the time when I was growing up, I had thought her views were for the greater good. Now, I am not so sure that was her reasoning."

"It must hurt not to be near your family."

"Do not misunderstand me, Harry. I do write my family for every birthday and holiday. We still communicate occasionally. I just refuse to see my mother."

"Oh, still…I mean, I'd do anything to be able to write my family."

"Yes, I know you would, Harry. However, if you ever meet my mother, you too would refuse to see her. She is by far the worst woman in the history of the world. If she knew about Severus and me, she would march down here and hex me to pieces just because I was not following her stupid rules. I do love her, Harry. Make no mistake about that. It's just that I cannot stand to hear her gripping about the fact that I am unmarried."

"Well, maybe you and Snape should get married. She wouldn't have a reason to complain then."

"Unfortunately, Severus has some rather large commitment issues he needs to work out before we can ever try to marry. Now, eat your breakfast before the grumpy old bat returns," she said laughing.