Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so I decided to take this story into another direction again. Enjoy. :)
Déjà Vu Redux

Around eleven at night, Harry sighed again. Snape hadn't returned yet, and Professor Sinistra was reading a big black book. She didn't seem to be worried in the slightest, which he couldn't understand. He glanced around for what seemed to be the hundredth time. There was nothing to do, and for an eleven year old, it only meant one thing, trouble. He glanced at his Astronomy professor before shaking his head. She wasn't paying attention to him in the slightest.

Finally making up his mind, he took one last fleeting glance at Professor Sinistra before standing up. He thought that would at least get a reaction, but it didn't. She only continued to read her book. Well, if she's not going to look for him, I will. He could be lying somewhere dead. Wait. What happens if he is dead? Stupid, so stupid, Harry, he chastised himself. Snape's not dead, but you know you have to see him. After all, he does protect you, and Sinistra's definitely not doing a real great job there. He glanced at her one last time before quietly slipping out of Snape's quarters.

The dungeon corridors were dark and gloomy as always, but there was a sinister presence lingering around now, too. Harry glanced up and down the hallway in order to make sure Malfoy or any of his other goons weren't out. When he was sure they weren't, he quickly took off towards the DADA classroom. It took him at least ten minutes to get there, but he didn't see or hear anyone. In fact, it was as if the entire castle was empty.

Hmm…where could Snape be? He's not in the dungeons and not in the DADA classroom. There's no reason for him to be in the Great Hall so where could he be? Maybe he's talking to Dumbledore, but then why would he? Unless he's telling Dumbledore about the Dursleys…oh…I could maybe live with Snape all the time then. Huh, that's not as bad as I thought it would be, but would Ron and Hermione even still want to be friends with me? It's not as if Snape likes me, though. He just tolerates me. Great, even Snape doesn't want me, Harry thought depressingly.

"Of course he wants you, Harry," a voice said behind Harry. "You have your mother's eyes."

"Syrene," Harry cried before whirling around. "You're Professor Sinistra's grandmother!"

"What a smart little Gryffindor you are, Harry," replied Syrene with a soft smile. "What else?"

"You're also a vampire."

"Are you scared then?"

"A little, but you're Professor Sinistra's grandmother."

"Which means what exactly, Harry?"

"You won't hurt me because I think she's like you." Syrene laughed softly before shaking her head slowly. It started to make Harry a bit uncomfortable. Maybe talking to Syrene wasn't such a good idea on his part. After all, his protector was god knows where.

"I assure you that she is very much unlike me, Harry. Now, you two are progressing rather well by my account. You've developed feelings of affection for Severus, which is rather good to have. Those feelings are your lifeline, so hold onto them."

"Do you know where he is?"

"Yes, and so do you, Harry," she replied with a pleasant smile.

"Third floor corridor," he said quietly. He didn't need her to answer because he already knew he was right. He sighed softly. "Is he hurt?"

"Yes."

"Like bad?" he asked.

"Well, it's no paper cut by any means, Mr. Potter. Oh, but I shouldn't tell you this, though. After all, you are a Gryffindor, and everyone knows what fools Gryffindors are."

Harry couldn't wait any longer. Ignoring his gut instinct, he dashed off towards the moving staircases to reach the third floor corridor. It didn't take him long to get to the locked room. Concentrating on remembering Hermione's wand movements from their accidental time, he casted the unlocking charm. He smiled widely when the door unlocked on the first try. He quickly entered the room and suddenly took a deep breath. The massive three-headed dog was asleep, and next to it was an opened trapdoor. Wasting no time, he rushed over to it. After all, his happiness was at stake.

Falling into the giant pit of creepy plants moving about him, Harry tried his best to keep his cool. He didn't really know how he knew it, but it felt as if he had done all of this before. Soon afterwards, the plant allowed him to slip through unharmed. After hitting the ground hard, he quickly dashed off to another room. His eyes widened at the sight of hundreds of flying keys. It definitely felt like déjà vu now. He found the key he was looking for so he grabbed the broomstick and flew towards it to catch it.

"If I'm right, the next challenge is a chessboard," Harry mused aloud. He didn't really understand why everything felt so familiar to him. However, he wasn't necessarily complaining. He needed to get to Snape as soon as possible and if his cool gift could do that, then he was all for it. When he entered the next room, his eyes narrowed. Sure enough, there was the chessboard. However, all of the pieces were shattered into millions of little pieces already. He glanced around to make sure it wasn't a trick before running as fast as he could towards the next room.

Upon entering the room, Harry's instincts instantly took over. He drew his long Holly wand and casted a spell that he knew he hadn't learned yet. When the massive mountain troll crashed down onto the floor with a resounding thump, Harry's mouth dropped. Something extremely strange was going on, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer. He quietly and hesitantly walked to the next room.

As soon as he crossed the threshold, the doorways burst into flames. Harry closed his eyes and allowed his instincts to work again. His hand quickly grabbed the potion nearest to him. He didn't even look at it before he drank it. He then walked timidly towards the flaming doorway, which permitted him instantly. A soft whimper escaped Harry's lips. This was too unreal. It felt as if someone else was controlling him, someone who knew everything that would happen.

"Syrene," Harry whispered. He received no reply, though. Instead, something or someone pushed him into the next room. He stumbled onto the staircase before falling. He groaned immediately as his side crashed against the steps. It wasn't an entrance to be proud of, but he later was glad for it. Dozens or so spells shot towards him, but missed him by half an inch each time because of his fall.

As Harry rolled and ducked while more spells headed his way, he quickly saw Snape lying on the floor. Blood had pooled around the man, but he appeared to be alive at least. That was for not at least. Harry quickly sent spells that were much beyond his level of casting. He couldn't even recognize the spells. He then felt someone lightly touch his back, which made him stiffen instantly.

"Do not fight me, Harry. You are safe," the air around him seemed to whisper.

"Syrene," he replied. His eyes then noticed the floating figure. "No, it should be Quirrell, not you!" he yelled. "It should be Quirrell!"

"Yes, one would wonder, wouldn't they, Mr. Potter? Just like your father, you are."

"No. This isn't right. It should be Quirrell."

"Oh, it was once before, Mr. Potter, but I found a better host." Sinister laughter then echoed throughout the large room. "After all, who'd ever suspect Professor Binns?" The etherealness slowly left, leaving behind a dark robed figure. "Tell me, Mr. Potter. Don't you just love magic?"

"You're…you're the one who killed my parents."

"I killed one of your parents. The other lies dying on the floor."

Harry's eyes darted towards Snape. He couldn't be…he looked like James. How…Harry then glanced back to the dark robed figure. His eyes narrowed. Something was wrong. This wasn't right. He was the son of James and Lily Potter, not Lily and Snape, wasn't he?

"You changed something, didn't you?"

"Not I, Mr. Potter," replied the black-clad figure. The dark wizard then chuckled loudly. "I must admit that it is more fun this time around. After all, I know my mistakes, and I assure you that I won't make them a second time. Until we see each other again, Harry," he said bowing his head. "Oh, and do tell your dear sweet Daddy Severus that I'll be seeing him soon too. After all, you can only change so much without distorting the timeline." The evil wizard then burst into flames before vanishing.

"This isn't right," Harry whispered with a whimper. However, he quickly pushed his thoughts aside and rushed towards Snape's side. The older wizard was barely breathing, and blood covered every part of him. The young Gryffindor closed his eyes and concentrated on the Infirmary, which he knew they needed to be. A deafening roar echoed in his head before a loud pop. When he reopened his eyes a few seconds later, he gulped. Sure enough, Harry and Snape were now in the Infirmary. It wasn't possible. There was no way any of this was possible. Something was wrong here. Something was very wrong, and he had a feeling it wasn't over with yet.