Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about not updating for awhile. Enjoy. :)
Temper Tantrums of Truth

"Mr. Potter," Madam Pomfrey said glancing at him as he walked in. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't ever come in again." She then sighed softly. "I can understand your hesitation, though." Glancing around before glancing back at Harry, she sighed. "Let's go someplace more private. Follow me, Mr. Potter."

Harry did as the medi-witch instructed. He had to admit that his stomach was doing back flips. He still wasn't sure if he really wanted to know the truth about this reality. However, he was sure that not knowing was dangerous. He quickly took a seat in a chair across from Madam Pomfrey's desk.

"I'll make this brief, Mr. Potter." Madam Pomfrey then drew in a deep breath. However, the door to her office bursting open cut her off before she could even say the first word. She instantly stood up and glared at the intruder. "Severus Snape, what are you doing here?" she snippily asked.

"I believe you are about to tell the boy something that concerns me," Snape growled in response. "I have just as much right to be here as the boy does."

"Fine," Madam Pomfrey snapped. "Then shut the door, Professor." As soon as the door closed and Snape took a seat next to Harry, she spoke again. "I've run the tests several times, and the results were the same each time. You are Severus's son, Harry."

"How can that be?" Snape snarled. "I was never intimate with Lily."

"I cannot even begin to imagine how it was possible, but I did find traces of your chromosomes in Harry's DNA structure, Severus. You are his father."

"He is the splitting image of James Potter, Pomfrey!"

"Physically, yes, but underneath all that in his DNA, it all points to you, Severus. You are his father." The medi-witch then glanced towards Harry. "I have heard of instances where witches have used blood magic to conceal the identity of a child they were to give away."

"Could my mum have done that?"

"It is possible, rare, but it is possible, Mr. Potter," Madam Pomfrey replied. "If you'd like, I could perhaps see if I could remove the charm if there is one."

"No," Snape instantly snapped. "You will do no such thing, Pomfrey. That boy is not my son!"

"Well, the test results would beg to differ with you, Severus."

"I do not care what those damn results say, Pomfrey." Snape then angrily yanked Harry to his feet. "Get this through your damn head, Potter. You are not my son! You will never be my son!" He whirled around soon afterwards and stormed out of Madam Pomfrey's office.

"It perhaps might take some time for him to come to terms with it, Harry," she said softly.

"It's all right. I didn't expect anything different," Harry replied with choked back emotions.

"Harry, dear, you deserve better. You know that, right?"

"I deserve a lot of things, Ma'am, but I know I'm never going to get them." Harry then sighed heavily. "At least I know now," he said. "I agree with Snape, though. I know in my heart that I shouldn't be his son. It's all different as I told you before, Madam Pomfrey. This isn't right. None of this is right. I should be the son of James and Lily Potter, not Snape. He has all the reason to be angry with me. I'm the reason someone changed things."

"He still should treat you better, Harry." The medi-witch then fiercely shook her head. "If you permit it, I could have Aurora set him straight. She'd whip him into shape in no time."

"It's all right, Madam," Harry replied with a soft somber smile. "I'll live."

"I know, and that's what is so frightening. A boy your age shouldn't settle for his little temper-tantrum. You deserve a good home, and Severus can provide it. He's just being a stubborn arse about it."

"Professor Sinistra would probably say it's because he has rather large commitment issues," Harry joked. He had to admit that joking with the medi-witch was a lot better than forced to remember Snape's rejection.

"Harry, if you—"

"I'm not going to force him, Madam Pomfrey," Harry replied.

"You are so like your mother. She'd be proud of you if she saw you. All right, then we'll keep it to ourselves then. However, don't be surprised if Aurora doesn't find out. She's part bloodhound." He laughed and nodded. He could definitely see that in his Astronomy professor. "Go on with you."