Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :)
Breakfast

When Harry woke up again, it was to the smell of food. His stomach grumbled in response. He glanced around the room that he remembered was Snape's bedroom. The older wizard didn't seem to be around, which Harry wasn't necessarily complaining. He tried to get out of bed, but found that he had been stuck to it. He glared towards the nearly closed door.

"That smells good," Professor Sinistra's voice carried into the room.

"You should leave before he wakes up," Snape responded from somewhere out there.

"Oh, like he doesn't already know," she drawled. "I mean, didn't he say something after he first woke up? You know, I nearly died laughing at the look on your face."

"We are lucky he didn't realize you were in the room."

"Oh, please, Severus," she drawled. "We're adults."

"Some of us," Snape replied.

Harry felt himself smile softly. He didn't really know why, though. He knew he should have been freaked out by hearing his two professors carry on so, but he wasn't really. He couldn't explain it. He then heard the footsteps heading in his direction. He glanced around to see if he could perhaps hide, but thought better of it. Snape hadn't killed him so far.

When the door slowly opened, Harry gulped. Snape only rolled his eyes, though, before crossing his arms. His foot tapped slightly on the floor. Harry couldn't figure out what he was waiting for. However, when he noticed the other set of legs behind Snape, he couldn't hold back his laughter.

"Is something funny, Mr. Potter?"

"No, sir," Harry responded sobering slightly.

"Oh, stop being such an ass, Severus."

Harry then laughed again when he saw Snape shoved forward before Professor Sinistra walked in with a tray of food following behind her. She had a pleasant smile on her face as she regarded him. The tray of food gently levitated over to Harry and set down on the bed.

"Eat as much as you can, Harry."

"I had hoped the boy could eat like a civilized person, Aurora," Snape growled.

"Severus, he was sick. He needs to regain his strength."

"He was poisoned, Aurora."

"Same difference," she replied.

"No. It's not. There is a very big difference between being sick and being poisoned. Of course, it's not as if you could ever tell the difference."

"What does that mean?"

"Obviously, you're too thick to get it." Snape then turned his attention back onto Harry. "How do you feel, Potter?"

"Tired," replied Harry quietly.

"Understandable," Snape said before glancing towards Aurora. "Well, then by all means, Aurora, you may stay with the boy."

"Severus," she said under her breath. She then gave him a pointed look in the direction of Harry.

"Fine," Snape growled before walking closer to Harry. "Fine, Aurora. You win yet again. Are you happy?"

"Quite," she replied before walking back out of the room.

"Um, sir, if you want to leave—"

"As if I would ever need your permission to leave my own quarters, Potter," Snape growled.

"I just meant you didn't have to say with me."

"I believe that you just proved to me yesterday that I must stay with you. Now, eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Snape grudgingly walked towards one of the far chairs and plopped down in it. He angrily crossed his arms and stared at Harry.

"I'm sorry, sir," Harry quietly apologized.

"Shut up, Potter," Snape growled back. He then sighed heavily before closing his eyes. "Apologies are a sign of weakness, Potter, so do not show me your weakness."

"Yes, sir," he replied. "Thanks for the food." Snape only waved away his gratitude.

Harry had to admit the food was excellent. When he first started to eat, he hadn't known that he was so hungry. Ignoring Snape the best he could, Harry ate as fast as he could. If he had any time to spend, he would have tried to savor it, but he was so hungry. Five chocolate pancakes, three sausage links, and two strips of bacon later, Harry leaned back and licked his lips. He could still taste the maple syrup. He quickly fell into food coma. Well, that was until he heard someone harshly clear his throat.

"I take it you enjoyed your breakfast?" Snape asked glaring.

"Um…well…yes, sir," Harry meekly replied. "It was amazing."

"Excellent," Snape drawled before sighing. "I believe you and I need to speak about these dreams of yours."

"Wouldn't they be more like hallucinations since I was poisoned, sir?" Harry instantly noticed Snape roll his eyes. "Sorry, sir, I understand. Well, there's not much to tell really."

"There is if you foolishly believe that Aurora and I are secretly completing missions. I assure you, Mr. Potter, that we are both professors. We are not spies or agents of any kind."

"Then you didn't serve him?" Harry caught the slight jerk of Snape's left hand before the man vocally responded.

"To whom are you referring to, Mr. Potter?"

"Well, um…You-Know-Who," Harry quietly replied. There was another jerk of Snape's hand.

"You saw this in your dream?" Snape coolly asked.

"Yes, sir," Harry answered. "It isn't true, is it, sir?"

"No, Potter. It isn't true," Snape replied before standing up. The man looked positively flustered, which was so uncharacteristically unlike him. He glanced at Harry one last time before sighing heavily. "I shall return later this morning. If you require anything, you may call out for my house elf. His name is Mokai." Harry's eyes narrowed on him. "You do know what a house elf is, correct?"

"No, sir," Harry replied quietly.

"It is a magical creature that serves Wizarding families. Mokai," he commanded. Two seconds later, a small creature popped in. "I shall leave you two alone." Snape then left the room quickly.