Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :)
Reoccurring Fears

Eyes stare at me. The eyes are full of anger, hatred, contempt, and look downright murderous. I glance towards where I have last seen Harry and silently thank Merlin that the boy is gone. My eyes then dart back towards the eyes glaring at me. The only thought in my mind at that moment is that I am definitely going to have to speak with Salazar about letting people into my quarters without my permission. I sigh before giving my full attention to the witch death glaring me.

"Ah, morning to you too, Sinistra," I mutter quietly. "Might I inquire as to why you are here in my bedroom so early this morning? I doubt I am that intriguing to watch while sleeping." I then slowly attempt to get out of bed, only to have her roughly shove me back down on it.

"Shut up, Severus," she snarls. Her long silver wand quickly finds itself under my chin.

"And just what have I done to warrant this attitude from you this morning?"

"Shut up," she snarls accentuating each word by prodding me in the chest with her wand.

I stare at her and try to understand where her anger is coming from. I know I have done nothing to upset her lately. In any case, I try to appease her and remain quiet. Her wand, however, digs deeper into my throat. I show no fear towards her, though. Mostly because I doubt she is going to hurt me.

"Was it worth it, Severus?"

"To what are you referring to, Sinistra? I must admit that you have me at a disadvantage."

"I have you at several disadvantages," she snarls back.

What in the Nine Hells is going on? You're acting as if I tried to kill Harry. My eyes then glance towards where I last have seen him. There's no blood or body. It appears as if the house elves or Harry himself even has fixed the bed this morning. I then glance at her again. Why are you so furious, Sinistra? I have done nothing to warrant your current attitude this morning.

"Specifically, we are speaking about what, Sinistra? I must admit that my brain does not do well in the mornings until after breakfast." She instantly rewards me with a hard slap to the face. While I am not going to delude myself into thinking it is the first slap I've received, I must admit that it is probably the hardest. "What is this all about, Sinistra?" I growl at her as I glare.

"Maybe the only one who is too thick around here is one Severus Tobias Snape," she snarls before standing up and crossing her arms. "After all, he is the only coward I see."

"Do not call me that, Sinistra," I hiss. I know not the reason why I am her target this morning, but I am damned if I am going to allow her to speak that way to me.

"Why? Can't face the truth, Snape? Can't face the fact that you're the biggest damn coward in the history of Hogwarts?" Her dark eyes then glisten in the soft light as she sneers at me. "After all, why else would you keep that dirty little secret of yours locked up?"

"And just what secret is that, Sinistra?" I growl.

"You love me," she states coolly before smirking slightly.

"Now I know you're insane, Sinistra. I have no such feelings towards you. I'd much rather declare I loved James Potter than you," I snarl at her. She swiftly rewards me with a casting of an Unforgivable. From the pain that surges from her Cruciatus, my nerves burn. The pain centers mostly on my left forearm, which I grab and cannot help but scream from the blinding pain.

"You said you'd protect me, Snape," Harry says angrily somewhere off to my left side near the door to my bedroom. Fighting the pain, I glance towards him and find my breath catch in my lungs at the sight. Deep wounds have slashed the boy's body. Blood streams out of him. He looks as if he has just returned from some horrendous torture session with the Dark Lord. "You said they couldn't hurt me. You said I'd be safe. You lied! You lied to me!" I cannot respond. No words leave my mouth.

"You'll kill us all in the end, Severus." I glance to Sinistra again. Her dark eyes are black as coals as she points her silver wand at me. "Like you always do," she drawls. She then laughs smiling at me. "You want to know a secret, Severus?" I do not respond. "You are just like Tobias," she whispers. "It's why you can't be with anyone. You hurt the ones you love. In fact, you've nearly killed everyone you love, haven't you, Severus? I won't let you kill us too." Her eyes then darken even further. "To cast properly, you have to hate the one you wish to kill. I suppose if you can do it to Muggles you don't even know, I can do it to you. Avada Kedavra!" she yells. Green light instantly bathes everything I see.

I awake moments later and find myself breathing heavily. I absolutely hate that dream.