Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm going to get back to writing Harry and Severus now. Enjoy. :)
Weakness is Strength

My arms slide easily underneath her before I pick her up. She feels so light in my arms. I cannot stop myself from thinking of all the hard time we have gone through together. I can still remember clearly the night in the common room when I was a second-year. I can remember clearly the way she spoke to me and the way she acted as if she would protect me from anything. I allowed myself to be weak that night with her, but I wanted the dreams to stop, and they did for as long as I was at Hogwarts.

I throw down the floo powder and call out my destination. Exactly two seconds later, we reappear in the dark Hospital Wing. I quickly carry Aurora over to one of the cots before setting her down on it. Her head instantly rolls to the side, which I know is not a good sign.

"Pomfrey," I yell loudly. I hear the medi-witch's footfalls immediately. She then gasps as soon as she reaches us, but she quickly goes into action. I watch Madam Pomfrey skillfully start to heal the deep gashes without a word. At only an outstretched hand, a bottle of Blood Replenishing flies to her hands before she gently pours it down Aurora's throat. I watch for nearly a half hour in silence.

"I've done all I can for now, Severus. Perhaps you can explain as to how she received these injuries?" Her tone isn't accusatory, but merely somberness.

"She went to Surrey earlier this morning and met Potter's relatives. His uncle struck her in the face. When I saw her earlier, she did not look this bad."

"I see," Madam Pomfrey responded. "And the dark spell how did that end up being casted?"

"She was not in control of her magic, and some of uncontrolled magic sent glass my way. I casted only a shield, but when her spell hit mine, I do not know how to explain it, Madam."

"Well, I am planning to keep her overnight. I take it you would like to remain?"

"I cannot," I say quietly. I then bow my head towards her. "Thank you." I then start to leave.

"You know, Severus, I've only ever seen that look on your face twice," Pomfrey says. "One was last year with Mr. Potter, and the other was your fourth-year with Miss Evans."

"Your point, Madam?" quietly I ask. I do not turn around as I address her. I know her point.

"You may hide behind your barriers and think no one sees, but I do, Severus." I then leave.