Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Some mild language (well, what I'd call mild anyway)Enjoy! :)
Putting the Fear of God in Them

I stand before my House. I am not quite glaring at them, but I know some of them can feel my anger. The vial of Draco's memories feels heavy in my pocket. At this moment, standing before all of them, I am rather glad I have not viewed the memories yet. I have said nothing since they have all arrived. It has been at least five minutes of uncomfortable silence. A couple of my students are squirming in efforts to avoid my eyes. As if that would ever truly work, I think.

"Um…sir?" a first-year quietly says as the silence becomes unbearable.

My dark eyes quickly glance towards the poor child. He instantly shrinks back and mutters a quiet 'never mind'. I remain staring at him for a few moments. Ryan O'Boyle is the boy's name. I remember that the boy is a half-blood and that some in our House have harassed him about it. I mentally sigh. Ryan does not deserve to be here with the rest of the lot, but I am not about to dismiss him.

"It has come to my attention recently that there have been some incidents of violence in our House." My voice is low and deadly as if I am a snake calculating my next strike. My eyes then dart towards the smirking second-year girl. "Do you know something about this, Miss Parkinson?" That shuts her up instantly. She stares at me with large eyes.

"No, sir," she quickly responds.

"Then perhaps you can wipe that smirk off your face, Miss Parkinson, before I suspect you're one of them," I sneer. I quickly turn away from her and hear the soft whimper escape her lips seconds later. She thinks she is safe.

I can smell my House's fear. That is at least some of them are scared. My eyes wander over Crabbe and Goyle. The two dunderheads are sitting next to Nott and staring straight ahead. They believe I do not see them or even suspect them. Well, they have another thing coming. I silently move about the room making sure to catch everyone's eye at least once. Whimpers and sighs of relief follow in my wake. I then stop just behind Crabbe and Goyle. I silently lean towards both of them.

"I know it was you two," I whisper quietly. Both boys shriek and jump at least a mile before whirling around. The fear is so evident in their faces now. I can see the panic slowly rise as they glance around the room wildly looking for someone who can help them. Folding my arms, I stand back up and stare down at them. Both boys gulp before hanging their heads.

"How?" a gruff voice asks behind me.

"Because, Mr. Flint, it is so clearly evident in all of your faces." I then whirl around and catch his eyes. He sighs heavily before nodding. I have won him over at least. Of course with Marcus it never takes me long to regain control over him. He knows that I know he does not wish to take the Mark and become the same murderous bastard his father is.

"So what, sir?" snarls Nott. "They deserved it."

I instantly hear numerous loud affirmations. I say nothing, but then again I do not have to. Within mere moments after everyone agreeing to Nott's statement, a spell quickly jets towards him. Almost instantly, ropes surround him and tie Nott up. I glance to my left and watch Aurora slowly walk out of the shadows. She has a murderous look in her eyes.

"Tell me, Mr. Nott. If Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Potter deserve to be beaten, I wonder what you deserve." Her tone is icy as she leans towards him. Her silver wand slowly points at his chest. "Perhaps the Cruciatus so that you may know real pain?" she asks silkily.

Nott's eyes instantly glance towards me begging me for help. I offer him none, though. Instead, I glance away to look at the rest of the House. For the most part, it is rather easy to see who the instigators are. However, Miss Parkinson and Mr. Montague are still holding out.

"You can't!" Miss Parkinson haughtily says. "Dumbledore would—"

"Perhaps it's escaped your realm of notice, but the Headmaster is not here, Miss Parkinson," Aurora drawls back with a slight smirk. She then sighs heavily. "You are correct, though."

I instantly glance towards Aurora. However, when I catch her smirk turn into a grin with her dark eyes glistening in the light, I feel a chill run down my spine. Miss Parkinson foolishly laughs and stands up. I cannot help but grab the second-year's arm and yank her back from Aurora.

"My, we are ambitious, aren't we, Miss Parkinson? Should I divulge your little secret to everyone, my dear?" Aurora says sweetly.

I hear the soft whimper from the young girl next to me. The whimpers slowly turn into tearful apologies as Aurora allows the uncomfortable silence to reenter the room. I try to open my mouth to end the silence, but I cannot form the words. My eyes narrow on Aurora. I have never seen her act like this before now. It is positively frightening to watch.

"You see, Miss Parkinson here does not support the Dark Lord and his ideals. In fact, she has consorted with several blood traitors and Muggleborns. Just the other day, I saw her speaking civilly to Miss Granger. She asked her for help, you see. My, my, you would think a pureblooded witch such as yourself, Miss Parkinson, could complete a measly assignment on your own without the help of a Muggleborn. I wonder what your mother would say if I told her."

"No…please…don't…"

Aurora smiles and nods towards Miss Parkinson. It is absolution for her sins. At least that is always what I believe Aurora means by her smile and nod afterwards. She then turns her attention back onto Mr. Nott.

"Cruciatus: Pain curse that makes your reveal ever deadly sin you've committed while begging like a dog for it to stop. Imperius: Command curse that makes you do anything the caster wishes of you. For example, if I say jump off the Astronomy Tower, you will be oh so happy to do so. Finally yet importantly, Mr. Nott, we have Avada Kedavra: Killing curse that ends all of your suffering." Aurora then draws in a deep breath. "And those are only the Unforgivable Curses, Mr. Nott. I could surely continue with the others that if used properly could make you plead and beg me to stop. For example, the Castrating Curse…you don't want any children, do you, Mr. Nott?" Her eyes glisten softly.

"I DID IT! OH GOD, PLEASE DON'T!" Nott screams. A series of confessions follow his from the various students in the room. "I…I did it. I made them attack them," he confesses.

"There, Mr. Nott, do you not feel better now?" Aurora then sighs and glances around the room. "Perhaps there is hope for you all yet. After all, we don't all wish to become the murderers, rapists, and bastards our parents are. Do we?" She then glances at me with her pleasant smile again. "I believe they are now ready for you, Severus." Quietly, she walks out and the coldness in the room leaves with her.