Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
It's kind of a really silly chapter. Enjoy. :)
Poor Harry

"Your query?" responded Professor Sinistra with a look of shock on her face. "I'm not even sure what…what you mean by that."

"He's asking you to marry him, Professor," Draco and I respond with big goofy grins.

"Marry him?" she chokes out before glancing at Dad with big eyes. "You…you're asking me to marry you?" She whimpers slightly when he inclines his head. "No…no…NO!" she yells before rushing out of the Great Hall.

"Please tell me she didn't do what I think she did," Professor McGonagall quietly whispers.

"Severus, I swear on my Witch's Oath that she loves you. She's just being an idiot right now. She probably hasn't a clue what she just said." Professor Vector then shakes her head softly before gently resting her hand on Dad's arm. "I'll go talk to her, though, and straighten all this up." Calmly, she stands up and silently leaves the Great Hall.

"Dad," I say quietly staring at him worriedly. He hasn't moved or even reacted. In fact, Dad's only drinking from his goblet as if she didn't just scream at him that she wouldn't marry him. "Dad, Professor Vector is right. She really does love you."

"I know," replies Dad before taking another drink.

"And she does want to marry you," I say to him.

"I know she does, Harry."

"Then how can you be so damn calm right now?" I yell venting my frustration. How can he be so calm about this? "She just screamed that she doesn't want to marry you, Dad." That gains his attention instantly, but it isn't anger. He's more or less annoyed with me. I watch him for a few minutes, hoping he'll say something to me. I don't have to wait long.

"I am calm because I know that she believes she's dreaming."

"How?" stupidly I ask.

How do you think I know, Harry? Dad responds in my head.

Oh, I reply before glancing at the table. You aren't mad at her, are you, Dad?

Why would I be angry for her believing this was all a dream? She'll come back. I'm not concerned. Dad then inclines his head towards me before taking another drink of his goblet. It's not as if she hasn't done something like this before to me.

"Dad, I—" The doors to the Great Hall, however, open up and instantly gain my attention. I watch Professor Sinistra slowly walk back into the room with her head hanging. I can see the embarrassment on her face before she takes her seat once again.

"I'm not dreaming?" she asks so soft that I barely catch it.

"If this was a product of you dreaming, Aurora, then knowing you as well as I do, I would have proposed without a shirt on so that my chiseled godlike body glistened in the amber light of the sun," Dad drawled with a smirk. "Oh, yes, and we cannot forget my hair having a bit of a natural wave to it as the wind catches it just right." His eyes then dart towards me, and I see pure amusement before Professor Sinistra punches him in the shoulder.

"Shut up, Severus." Professor Sinistra then shakes her head. "How was I supposed to know that all this wasn't a dream?"

"Tell me. Do you often dream of being covered in mud?" he replied with that dangerous smirk of his. "Is this yet another fantasy of yours that I have not yet seen or heard of from either you or Vector?"

"Oh, shut up, know-it-all," she said grumpily before huffing. "Ask me again."

"Why, so you can say no all over again? I think not."

"Please, Severus," she says gently touching his arm.

"Fine," Dad says before inhaling deeply. "Will you, the wicked witch of the Astronomy Tower, marry me, the dark wizard of the dungeons?"

"No," Professor Sinistra replies with a soft smile.

I nearly groan at her answer. Why does she keep saying that? I then glare at her desperately wanting to tell her to knock it off already. I mean, from my numerous experiences, he'll find it funny the first time…sometimes…if you're lucky. The second time is when he wants to kill you. However, I catch her leaning towards Dad with a wicked grin on her face.

"But I will marry Severus Snape, the dungeon-dwelling bat who makes first-years cry."

My cheeks hurt as I break into the goofiest grin that should be illegal. I glance towards Draco and see him hiding his snickers behind his hand. The rest of the students either look positively horrified or are too shocked to think. I then glance back at Dad just as Professor Sinistra kisses him softly on the lips. I can see by Dad's hunched up shoulders and slight grimace that he's not particularly enjoying it. Then again, I have learned that Dad is a rather private man so it shouldn't be a surprise that he's against public displays of affection even though he did just ask my Astronomy professor to marry him. OH MY GOD, DAD's MARRYING MY ASTRONOMY PROFESSOR! I scream in my head as I stare at them. He's snogging my…oh no…wait until the Twins and Ron hear about this. I'll never hear the end of it, I groan before allowing my head to hit the table with a loud thump.

Grow up, Harry, and for your information, I'm not snogging her, Dad's voice drawls.

Well, that's no innocent kiss on the cheek either, Dad! I retort back through our link.

How would you know? You have your head on the table. I slowly lift my head up and glare at him, which he meets with a mild one. Professor Sinistra's staring at the silver ring on her finger so she and my dad appear to be behaving themselves at least. Behaving ourselves… drawls Dad. Do you honestly take me to be like one of your classmates, pawing at her and wishing I could take her right now in front of all of you?

"OH, GROSS!" I yell standing up and flailing my arms about like a stark raving lunatic.

"What's the matter, Potter?" Draco asks standing up staring at me.

"Nothing, nothing's wrong," I weakly respond before sitting back down again. "I just swallowed a bug or something." His gray eyes widen at me as he nods slowly.

How cunning of you, Harry, a bug…I almost believed you for a moment there, Dad replies clearly amused. If that thought sends you into hysteria, then I shudder to think how you'd react when she becomes pregnant. Or do you still believe a stork magically delivers babies? If so, then you're beyond all help. I then hear loud laughter in my mind, which makes me glance at Dad.

You can laugh, I say shocked.

Our link is below my barriers so there are probably quite a few emotions you'll encounter that you don't normally see me exhibit. Does this disturb you? I can hear concern in his voice, but some other emotion that I can't quite distinguish mixes with it.

No. It's just a tad bit creepy, Dad. I mean, your laughing isn't creepy, but the fact that I can hear laughter in my head is. Well, the whole hearing voices is creepy. I mean, according to Muggles, hearing voices is a sign of mental instability.

It is for Muggles, and in some cases it is for Wizards, but you are sane, Harry. Now, eat your lunch. You and I have plans for this afternoon. My eyes light up at the word 'plans'. Due to recent events, Albus has decided that everyone should spend the weekend with their families, including students. He does not wish anyone to remain in the castle. I glance towards Draco momentarily. You need not worry about Mr. Malfoy. He will not be returning to Malfoy Manor this summer. I glance back to Dad and smile at him briefly. I take it that you two have learned of your similar pasts. I don't respond, but I know that I don't have to. Draco will be coming with us back to Prince Manor. And if it would not upset you too greatly, I had also wished to extend the invitation to Aurora. I roll my eyes before stabbing a small cut of meat with my fork. Am I to assume that you would wish for a visit from Weasley and Miss Granger also?

I don't know, Dad. I mean, Ron's all right with us, but I don't know how he'd act with Draco.

Do not concern yourself over Weasley and his adolescent tendencies. If he is truly your best friend, then he will just have to learn to deal with it. Harry, I do not believe you need to worry about Weasley, though. There will be obvious hurt feelings, but there is no rule that states a Gryffindor cannot be friends with a Slytherin. I was friends with your mother for nearly five years. It will not be easy, but Weasley considers you to be his brother. If he truly believes that, then he will accept your friendship.

Thanks, Dad, I quietly send through our link. For everything, I mean…

I am only giving you what you should have had in the first place, Harry, but you are welcome. Now, finish your lunch so that we may go. I do not appreciate the look that Albus is giving us. I smile at him before laughing. I then do as he asks and finish my lunch. This afternoon is going to be so fun.