Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy the chapter. :D
Uniting Slytherin

When I wake up this morning, Dad is muttering quietly to himself while searching through one of his desk drawers for something. I watch him for a few moments. I've never seen Dad act so possessed before, so it piques my interest. What can he be searching for so intensely? I receive my answer a few moments later when he pulls out a black velvet box. I quickly sit up from the couch that I've been sleeping on and stare at it.

"I thought you said you hadn't chosen your wedding rings yet, Dad," I softly ask.

"Harry," Dad replies before glancing at me. "I didn't realize that you were awake."

"Well, it's kind of hard to sleep, Dad, when you're tearing through your desk like that."

"Yes, I suppose it would be." He then walks towards me before sitting on the edge of the couch. "On my first day of teaching Potions, I found this at the bottom of my desk in my office. At first, I had thought that my former Potions master had left it behind, but he claimed it wasn't his." Dad slowly opens the box, which reveals two sparkling silver rings. "Obviously, one of the former potions masters left it behind, but since no one has claimed it yet…"

"You're going to use it," I finish with a smile. "They're definitely beautiful, Dad." I stare at the two rings and take in every single detail. Engraved into the side of the large silver band that I know will be Dad's ring are entwined snakes with the word 'Soul' engraved around one of the snakes. In the smaller and definitely more feminine ring, the thin silver band slowly morphs into two snakeheads on either side of an emerald holding it into place. Surrounding the emerald is the word 'Heart' engraved into the silver in the same style as Dad's has been. "She's going to love it, Dad."

Dad glances at me before pulling me into a one-arm hug. His head gently rests against mine for a split second prior to him pulling back. My stomach is doing back flips by now. I don't know how to describe it, but I just want to feel that again. However, I most definitely am not going to say 'Hey, Dad, can you hug me again because that was just too awesome.' It's these times that I think I'm going to remember the most. I draw in a deep breath and glance towards one of the chimed clocks on the wall.

"We should probably get ready, Dad."

"So we shall," Dad quietly responds.

I silently walk towards my bedroom. As I just about start to head upstairs, I notice Draco and Ron from where they're sitting playing Wizard's chess. I nearly laugh at how absurd it is. Draco and Ron look as if they've always been best friends instead of mortal enemies. I sigh when I realize that Draco's animosity towards Ron, Hermione, and me was probably more to do with staying in his father's good graces than how he truly felt about us.

"Honestly, Harry, you're not even dressed yet," a soft voice speaks behind me.

"Hermione," I reply whirling around towards my best friend. I nearly fall down the stairs when my eyes find the witch. I've never seen her so beautiful before. Her long brown hair gracefully rests on her bare shoulders. She's wearing a pale green ruffled dress with clear heels. I know I have to look so stupid with my mouth hanging open, but she's…beautiful.

"Harry, you're making me nervous," she says with a soft laugh.

"I…uh…yeah…" I stupidly respond before tugging on my collar. Is it hot in here?

"Miss Granger," Dad drawls as he walks out of his study. His eyes flicker over to me briefly, and I swear I see a twinkle. No, you don't, Harry. I am not the headmaster, Dad responds through our link. "Am I to assume that the others have sent you to inform us of the preparations?"

"No, Professor," Hermione responds respectfully. "I asked Professor McGonagall if I could come with her. She's informing the others in the kitchen right now, sir."

"I see."

"She's under the impression, Professor Snape, that you would join us when you were ready."

I watch Dad for a moment before he silently inclines his head towards Hermione and starts to walk towards the kitchen. My eyes narrow momentarily, but I follow him. Curiosity has always led me into more trouble than it's worth. When I see Professor McGonagall then, I have to shake my head. She's wearing long velvety emerald robes. Obviously, I should have guessed that the colors for the wedding would be green. After all, Mum and Dad are both proud Slytherins. I then glance at Dad. I wonder if he owns any color other than black.

"Good morning, Severus," Professor McGonagall announces as Dad and I walk into the room.

"Minerva," Dad replies emotionlessly.

"Well, as I was telling them just a moment ago, Aurora has decided that it would perhaps be best if the men wore the traditional black."

"Because she believes I have no other colors in my wardrobe than black?" Dad responds with a cocked eyebrow.

"I believe it is more along the lines of her liking you in black, Severus. Now since Albus refuses to perform the ceremony in the Great Hall, Aurora's parents were kind enough to offer us the use of their manor for the wedding."

My eyes narrow at Professor McGonagall's words. Why wouldn't Dumbledore let them marry in the Great Hall? I then glance at Dad, but he's not reacting to this news at all. Is something big going on at Hogwarts that Dumbledore doesn't want anyone to know about?

"I am under the impression that you have wedding rings. Am I correct, Severus?"

"I do."

"Excellent, well, Aurora has chosen Septima to be her maid of honor, which is of course no surprise there." Professor McGonagall then glances towards Sirius. "Since this wedding came much sooner than everyone had thought it would, Septima wished me to ask if you would be her escort."

"Yeah, I think I can do manage that for her," Sirius replies with a large grin. "She's wearing green, too, I take it?"

"All of us witches are wearing a variation of green. However, Septima's dress is a bit more forest green then the rest. However, as I mentioned before, the men are to wear black." Professor McGonagall then turns back towards Dad. "Aurora has left the option of whom you would like your best man to be to you. She did not believe it was right of her to choose without you. Well, Severus, have you chosen?"

Dad glances at me before glancing towards Draco. I try to keep the disappointment out of my eyes. Dad's known Draco longer than he's known me. Plus, with Draco, he doesn't have a reason to be ashamed like he does with me since I'm a Gryffindor.

"I have," says Dad drawing in a breath. "Harry, Draco, I'd be honored if you both were my best men." Dad catches my disbelieving eyes. I may have known Draco longer than you, but you are my son now, Harry, Dad sends to me. I love both of you equally, and I will never be ashamed of you being a Gryffindor. No matter what stupid stunts your Gryffindor bravery gets you into, Harry.

"Thanks, Dad," I say with a smile.

"Thank you, sir," Draco responds next to me.

"Well, both of you then will need to find yourselves escorts before the wedding," Professor McGonagall speaks. "Unfortunately, you have less than an hour. Ah, yes, before I forget, Aurora's sister is also in need of an escort so perhaps one of you could escort her."

"I'll be more than happy to escort her, Professor," Draco answers.

My eyes instantly dart towards Draco, and I notice Professor McGonagall's eyes narrowing on her. The way Draco said that, well, it was almost…Gryffindor-like. I then shake my head. There's no way Draco Malfoy is turning into a Gryffindor.

"That just leaves you, Mr. Potter."

"Um…" I then glance at Dad. I want to scream 'Cho, ask Cho,' but I keep my mouth shut. Luckily, that's why we have Draco, though.

"How about that Ravenclaw girl of yours, Potter?" Draco says with a wide grin before elbowing me in the ribs. I so want to kill him right now.

"Unfortunately, Miss Chang is out of the country for the next few months," my Head of House states, mortifying me instantly. Am I really that obvious about Cho?

My eyes briefly dart towards Hermione, but I think better of that. I so don't need a fight with Ron over my taking Hermione. I draw in a deep breath as I try to think of another girl that I have talked to at least. Unfortunately, the only other girls I've talked to are either Quidditch girls or Ron's little sister. Dad, give me a girl's name. Any girl, I don't care, I whine.

Miss Lovegood, Dad replies through our link instantly. She's a year behind you in school and is also a Ravenclaw. I am under the impression that she is already in attendance. She is Aurora's favorite student and is acceptable for me. Though, she can be a bit…peculiar at times. However, she is an extremely kind individual, and I would not be surprised if she did not already know that you'd ask her.

She's like Trelawney, I think with a bit of a grimace.

Dear Merlin, no, Luna is much better than that fraud.

In my head, I laugh at Dad's response. I then glance towards Professor McGonagall. I guess I can escort a third-year that I don't know anything about.

"What about…um…Luna Lovegood?" quietly I ask. "I've heard she's coming. Can we ask her?"

"If you're sure, Mr. Potter, then I can ask her as soon as possible." I nod my head instantly. "Well, all right then, if you could all change into more acceptable clothes, we will be on our way."

I whirl around instantly and head off towards my room. I can tell that Draco and Ron are following me, but I don't slow down for them to catch up to me. If Ron wasn't so possessive of Hermione, I could have asked her. If Draco wouldn't have sacrificed himself like that, I could have walked with Professor Sinistra's sister. I then glance towards Draco from over the stairs. Why didn't he say Pansy? I then stop before turning around to ask him that question.

"What, Potter?"

"Why aren't you going with Pansy? Aren't you two like dating or something?"

"Oh, please, Potter," drawls Draco as Ron walks past us towards my room. Draco then motions with his head for me to follow him into his room. As soon as the door quietly closes behind him, he sighs. "Remember how I said that Severus caught me bare assed in front of a girl?" I slowly nod. "Well, it was Pansy. She comes from a rich pureblood family like me. Lucius practically salivates over the fact that Pansy's my supposed girlfriend."

"She's not?"

"No, she is my girlfriend, but it's all for appearance. Truthfully, I can't stand the witch."

"Then why do you stay with her?"

"Do you know what Lucius would do to me if he found out that I didn't like her?"

"It'd be bad," I answer quietly hanging my head.

"Oh, bad doesn't even come close, Harry," Draco replies before running a hand through his hair. "He'd murder me if he found out who I really like. It's partly why Severus is trying so hard to make me not be around Lucius. If Lucius finds out that I like Her—well, I'm sure you know what would happen to me, Potter."

My eyes widen as I finish the name in my head. My mouth then drops before I start to squawk in attempts to speak. Draco's staring at me like I've gone nutters, but he likes—

"Hermione!" loudly I shout. "You like Hermione!"

"Shut up, Potter," he hisses before punching me hard in the shoulder.

"But you…you called her that horrible name!"

"Thank you for that lovely reminder, Potter. I so did not remember that. Honestly, Potter, Severus has said tons of horrible things to you over the years. Do you know why?"

"Because he hates the fact that my dad—James—slept with my mother," I respond.

"I'm sure that's part of the reason, but the real big reason is because he's one of His. Well, not one of His true followers anymore, but Severus was."

"One of whose, Draco?" stupidly I ask.

"His, you know, You-Know-Who," Draco replies back in a harsh whisper.

"He was a Death Eater," I say breathlessly.

"You…wait a minute, you didn't know?" Draco asks staring at me oddly.

"Obviously not," I yell back before angrily hitting the wall. I can't believe I've trusted him.

"Potter, he's not a Death Eater anymore. He's not going to hand you over to You-Know-Who so stop having a panic attack over it. Severus switched sides. That's what Flint was talking about with Sinistra yesterday." My eyes narrow. "Severus tries to save us before we join. He'll sit the student thinking about joining down in his office, and he'll share horror story upon horror story to get the student to choose to stay in the light. It's a rather well kept secret because if he even notices for a split second during the discussion that the student has already made his or her mind up, Severus will make sure the memory of their talk is lost forever. He must have thought that Flint would use his head for once." Draco then inhales deeply. "Potter, if I ever have to stay with Lucius again, there will come a time when I'll have to decide whether to join You-Know-Who or die."

"He's one of them?"

"Yeah," Draco responds quietly. "He's the one that recruited Severus. Lucius takes the whole thing to be a giant party. He loves what he does, torturing, raping, murdering, you name it, and he loves it. It's why I hate knowing that I share his genes. I'd give anything to have Severus as my father."

"Hey, I said I'd share," I say with a soft smile trying to lighten the mood somewhat.

"Yeah, I know, but until my bastard parents are dead, I can't do that."

The silence settles into the room, and I sigh softly. While I think a part of me is still rather unsettled to find out that Dad was one of His, it does make his behavior towards me make a bit more sense. I then glance back at Draco. Why do family have to suck so much sometimes?

"So we should probably coordinate somewhat since we're both best men," I say breaking the silence softly.

"Well, the one good thing about being a Malfoy is that we dress impeccably well," Draco says with a grin before walking towards his trunk. He pulls out a black suit a few second later and places it onto his bed before glancing at me. "Have anything like that, Potter?" he asks.

How do I put this? No, Draco, I really don't have anything that good because my former guardians were giant cheapskates on me and spent the money they got for me on themselves instead while giving me Dudley's old hand-me-downs. Or, well, Dad and I haven't really done any shopping for formal occasions because we didn't realize that Mum would want to get married so soon. Hmm, decisions, decisions. I then scoff and shake my head at him.

"No, Draco, I don't have anything like that. Dad and I haven't bought formal robes yet."

"Did somebody say something about formal robes?" a voice asks behind me.

Draco and I whirl around towards Sirius before I shake my head laughing. In Sirius's hands is a black waistcoat that looks a bit like Dad's one. He also has new black slacks and a black shirt for me. I nod my head at him before grabbing the clothing. Leave it to Sirius to walk in and save the day.


Forty-five minutes later, I draw in a deep breath as I stand next to Draco at Sinistra Manor. I will admit that it's a beautiful manor. It definitely shows how rich of a family Mum comes from. However, I think both Draco and I are getting a bit nervous. Dumbledore whisked Dad off somewhere in private a while ago, but they returned just a few moments. Ron and Hermione have already walked into the room where the ceremony is. I nearly laughed when I heard Draco grumble under his breath as Ron had his hand on the middle of Hermione's back.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy," Professor Vector quietly says as she walks up to us with two young ladies behind her. She has swept up her light-brown hair into a tight bun, and her long forest green dress moves elegantly against the hardwood floors as she walks.

In my mind, I'm nearly fainting. Both young ladies are rather gorgeous, young, of course, but gorgeous in their dresses. They each have their own specific grace to them too. The young lady on my right has dirty blonde hair that goes all the way down to her waist. Her dress is rather airy, but a brilliant green. In fact, it's almost the same color as my eyes strangely enough. Her eyes are silver gray, though, but rather full of life. I nearly laugh when I catch the dangling serpent earrings.

The young lady on my left has honey-colored hair with angelic curls to it that bounce as she walks towards us. Her eyes are a dark green, darker than mine are. Her eyes also are full of emotion and life. Her dress is airy also, but a bit more neutral of a green than the other girl's dress. However, as I notice more of her, I immediately catch the beautiful smile she's gracing Draco and me with presently.

"Might I present Jezlyn Sinistra," Professor Vector says holding a hand out towards the honey-colored blond, "and Luna Lovegood?" she finishes holding a hand towards the silvery-gray eyed girl. "I expect both you gentlemen to be on your best behavior with these young ladies."

"Yes, Professor," Draco and I respond instantly holding our arms out to our respective date. The girls glance at each other for a brief second before linking arms with us. I then notice Draco's look. I'm definitely thinking the same thing. We have to be the luckiest bastards in this place. Well, other than Dad, of course. The doors open briefly for us, and we walk in together. Draco and I had decided that earlier, and I'm actually rather glad that we did. There are tons of people in the room. Who would have guessed that all these people would have come to see Dad and Mum's wedding? They must be on Mum's side, though, unless Dad has some sort of following that I don't know about.

When Draco and I reach our spots, the young ladies both kiss our cheeks before taking their seats. I hear a soft groan from Draco, which makes me glance at him. He gives me the 'Did you see that' look. I only laugh and turn back towards the doors. As he escorts Professor Vector in, I instantly recognize the grin on Sirius's face. It's probably the same grin that Draco and I were just wearing. The second that Professor Vector is standing across from us, we glance towards Dad who seems a bit out of sorts, oddly enough.

What's wrong, Dad? I ask through our link.

I'll explain later, Harry. Just focus on the wedding for now. You do still have my ring, right?

No, Dad, I drawl back in my mind. I gave it to Moaning Myrtle. Of course, I still have it. I then inhale again and glance towards the closed doors. We're all just waiting on Mum. When the doors open up, I nearly cry out 'Freaking unbelievable' as Mum walks into the room. Draco, Sirius, and I might have thought we were the luckiest bastards, but we were wrong. We were so very wrong. I glance at Dad to see his reaction because he has to have one. Well, he does, but it's a frown as he staring off at something else instead of Mum. Dad, is it something bad? I ask. Because Mum looks unbelievably hot right now, and you're frowning. His eyes instantly dart to me before glancing towards Mum. I notice the barely expressed sharp intake of breath immediately.

It's…it's nothing bad, Harry. I can hear some sort of raw emotion in his voice. Thank you.

She certainly looks beautiful, Dad.

That she does, Harry, that she does, he replies quietly.

Mum has swept all of her dark brown hair up and placed a…a white lily in her hair. I glance at Dad briefly at that realization, but I turn back. Obviously, she thought it'd be nice to pay tribute to my real mother at the wedding. It's entirely fitting, I think. Her dress has thin spaghetti straps and is floor-length. It's green and silver, and well, it floats gracefully behind her as she walks towards us.

I watch the man escort Mum down the aisle. I guess that the man has to be her father so I smile at him briefly. She has his eyes, but that's all I can see of her father in her. My eyes then watch the man kiss her on the cheek for a split second before gently placing her hand in Dad's hand. The two men are extremely cordial with one another, but then Mum's Dad turns and walks over towards a golden blonde haired woman in pale green robes. Mum definitely takes after her mother. I then glance towards Jezlyn. There just has to be something on her mum's side that makes the witches so beautiful.

I'm wondering the same thing, Harry, Dad drawls.

You know, someone on the telly once said that when you marry a woman, you should always take a look at her mother because that's what she's going to look like in ten years. I hear Dad's loud laughter almost instantly.

Then I'm going to be an extremely lucky bastard, aren't I, Harry?

"Welcome, guests," Dumbledore loudly announces with a wide-beaming smile and fierce twinkling blue eyes. His robes are emerald and full of slithering silver snakes that move all over the velvet. "It is my esteemed pleasure this fine afternoon to preside over this union between these two individuals of whom I would call my friends. They have both elected to forgo the traditional sacraments instead electing for a purely Slytherin ceremony. Aurora," Dumbledore says holding out his hand before stepping back.

"For years, I thought you were a bastard." I instantly glance at Draco, who in turn stares at me. "Secretly, I wanted to hex that damn permanent sneer off your face. There were days where I wanted nothing more than to tick you off royally. Push you to the extreme of your tolerance just to see what you would do. I held no secret of my affection towards you. The staff knew it. The students perhaps even did. However, you, being the true bastard you were, refused me every single bloody goddamn time. I tried every ridiculous thing I could do, but nothing worked."

Dad, what is she doing? I ask using our link.

She's testing me, Harry, and perhaps paying me back for something I did to her when we were students. Don't be concerned. She's not really angry. I had a feeling she might do this to me. Dad's then silent for a few short moments before laughing at something she says. Do you know what it was about your mother Lily, Harry, that I loved the most? I don't respond. The way her lovely green eyes would sparkle as she glared at me while her nose would crinkle up as if she were disgusted. Two completely different witches, but I love them both equally, Harry. With Lily, I loved her even more when she was angry. She truly was beautiful in those moments with her fiery red hair flailing all over the place and lovely green eyes glaring daggers at me. I can't help but glance at Dad as if he's lost his mind. Do you know why I love Aurora? Again, I don't respond. She fights back against me. It's as if it is a game to us, who will push the other off first. It is rather…absurd of course, but we both have tempers, and Aurora is not afraid to use hers with me. She knows me extremely well and knows that I will not harm her physically. She loves my sarcasm, and I love her wit. She also, like your mother, is extremely beautiful when she's angry. It's just a bit different, though.

You're not fully over my mum. Are you, Dad?

You never fully get over a person that you love completely, Harry. However, I believe, as you've mentioned to me numerous times before, Lily would want me to move on with my life. Aurora makes my life livable. You and Draco do the rest.

"However, Severus, I wouldn't have had it any other way. Your devotion and love for her is truly exhilarating. It shows your heart and your soul, which are both extremely beautiful. Even if you don't see it yourself," Mum says softly before glancing at Professor Vector. A few moments later, I watch the familiar silver wedding band slowly slide up Dad's ring finger. "With this ring, I tie our souls together." She then steps back from Dad and bows her head slightly towards him.

"Two of the most dangerous classes taught at Hogwarts are Potions and Astronomy. Potions are dangerous for obvious reasons. Throw in a wrong ingredient, and the castle will crumble atop of you. Astronomy is dangerous because it too has ingredients. Dashing a bit of a twinkling star can send the chemicals of the brain to spiral dangerously out of control. Explosions result, and perhaps not the castle, but something will crumble atop of you."

I glance at Draco. I cannot believe Dad just said that. They're certainly going for the odd couple.

"However, unlike you, I am skilled in potion-making so we do not need to worry about any needless explosions resulting for your sorely disappointing discipline. I am used to handling dangerous ingredients, and I would not have that any other way. While at times your heart is too big and makes you act as if you should have been a Hufflepuff, it is always in the right place." Dad then glances at me and holds out a hand. I hand him the ring instantly before stepping back. I watch him slowly slide the thin silver wedding ring up her ring finger. "With this ring, I tie our hearts together."

My eyes narrow on their rings briefly as I see both rings glow for a bit before returning to its normal state. I have to be seeing things. There's no way they just glowed, is there? I mean, they're not really tying their souls and hearts together literally, right?

"Do you, Aurora Celestine Sinistra, take Severus Tobias Prince to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Dumbledore says as he steps forward again.

"I do."

"And do you, Severus Tobias Prince, take Aurora Celestine Sinistra to be your lawfully wedded wife?" he asks glancing towards Dad.

"I do."

"Then by the power bestowed upon me by the Wizengamot, I now pronounce you husband and wife." Dumbledore then glances over his spectacles with those fierce twinkling blue eyes of his. His grin reaches his eyes and then some as he claps his hand once.

Dad, you're not going to snog her right now. Are you? Dad glances at me. For the first time since I've known him, I see hidden amusement in his dark eyes. He truly looks—dare I say it—happy. I nearly groan when his right hand gently touches her neck before he leans in to kiss her. Yep, he's going to snog her right here in front of like everyone and his or her dog. When their kiss deepens, I fight the urge to gag. I mean, honestly, at one time this was my evil greasy bat Potions Master and my sexy hot Astronomy Professor that all of my friends want a piece of. And now, they're my parents. Parents should not snog in front of their kids. It's just not…right.

Harry, Dad drawls through our link. Shut up or I'll deepen it some more. I shudder instantly.