Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :)
Second Class Boredom

"Hey, Potter, or should I call you lobster now?" Draco sneers with a smirk.

"Shut up, Malfoy."

"Make me, Potter. That is unless you're afraid that Snape will beat you bloody."

I stand up and whip out my wand. There are only five of us in the class already. I know in the back of my mind that dueling Malfoy is going to earn me a worse punishment than if I just ignore him, so I use my wand as a sort bluff. Unfortunately, Malfoy must never have known a bluff before because he sends a powerful stinging hex at me. It hits me directly in the chest and races throughout my nerves.

"That is quite enough, gentlemen," Professor Flitwick squeaks. "Take your seats straight away."

I do that and sigh heavily. I can only imagine how Malfoy's going to spin this one. However, Professor Flitwick doesn't ask either of us. It's probably because we always fight so the answer is always the same. We can't stand one another so we duel.

"Now, the rules in my class apply the same as Charms. However, Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy bring us to an excellent topic of today's lesson. Now, who can tell me when Grindelwald was defeated?"

My ears instantly perk up. Maybe History of Magic isn't going to be as boring as I think it is. After all, for the first time in a long time I'm not learning anything about the Goblin Wars. The blonde Ravenclaw girl two seats diagonal from me raises her hand.

"Yes, Ms. Clarion?"

"1945, sir," she answers coolly. "The Headmaster defeated him."

"Absolutely correct, ten points to—oh, yes, well, good job, Ms. Clarion. Now, little is known about the actual battle between the Headmaster and Grindelwald, but…"


Nearly an hour later, I am nearly asleep. I know of no reason why I am so tired. I glance towards Malfoy, only to find him as bored as I am. It is rather odd that we are all still bored even though it's not Binns teaching us. The topic deals with recent events and doesn't deal in the slightest with goblins. All that should be a plus, but it isn't. The bell then rings. Thank Merlin that it is now time for lunch. I cannot escape that classroom any faster.