Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Nickelback. Enjoy.
Burn It to the Ground

Meanwhile, Harry finally woke up from his terrible nightmare. He had stopped himself from screaming, but his throat was still raw. The images were awful. He shook his head violently in efforts to shake them out of his mind. He glanced towards Ron and sighed. Luckily, Ron was still asleep.

Creeping quietly, Harry walked across the cold hardwood floor towards the door. No noise came from the door as he opened it and headed towards Snape's bedroom. He quickly glanced around before knocking softly on the closed door. He didn't hear any noise, though. Prior to his opening the door, his eyes narrowed, but he walked into the dark room nonetheless. Almost immediately, the candles in the room spelled themselves on. However, Snape wasn't anywhere in the room.

Harry glanced towards Snape's bed and sighed. The man had been sleeping at some point, but left in hurry. Voldemort had summoned Snape again. Harry was just about to head back to his room to wait when his eyes noticed the half-empty potion bottle on Snape's nightstand. Curiosity took over. He calmly walked over to it and picked it up. He carefully pulled out the stopper and sniffed it. However, he didn't smell anything. Then it hit him. Snape probably left it for him to drink in case he came into Snape's room as he had. He guessed it was probably a new combination of Dreamless Sleep.

Glancing towards his and Ron's room, Harry sighed. He didn't really want to go back there and risk waking Ron. He sighed and walked over to the small divan against the far corner. He quietly pulled his robes tighter around himself before drinking the liquid. However, instead of tasting rather sweet like usual, the potion tasted bitter and burned as it went down his throat. He coughed and choked for a few minutes as it hit his stomach. He then waited for the potion to put him to sleep. It didn't, though. Instead, his vision became rather blurry. He started to wave his hand in front of his face and blinked a couple of times to try to make the second hand go away. It didn't, though.

Harry's mouth then opened widely as he realized his mistake. It wasn't Dreamless Sleep. He went to go to his feet, but fell to the floor with a loud thud. Uncontrollable laughter rolled out of him seconds later. He didn't know why he was laughing. If anyone found him, he knew he was going to be in deep trouble. How was he supposed to know that it wasn't Dreamless Sleep, though? He then saw eight pairs of feet in front of him. He could hear someone talking about it sounded like the person was talking through a very long straw.

"I…I…no…understand," Harry slurred before laughing again. He sounded rather hilarious.

"Dear Merlin, he's drunk."

Harry understood that voice rather clear, and he had to agree. He was drunk. The voice sounded amused so it wasn't Snape. He glanced up. His hand dazedly reached out to pet one of the eight heads. He couldn't recognize who it was, but he knew he wanted to touch the person's hair. It was soft. He then saw the smile on the person's face.

"What…drink, Kiddo?"

The person sounded a bit like Sirius, but Harry couldn't be sure with the way the voice cut in out. Harry, however, held up the empty bottle. He felt the person take it out of his hands. A sharp whistle then pierced his ears, which made him groan loudly. Someone then patted his back before helping him to his feet. He couldn't really walk, though. It was as if his whole body was on a different frequency than his mind. He felt himself be dragged out of Snape's rooms.

"Is…going…all right?" another straw voice asked.

"…Sleep," the voice sounding like Sirius responded.

"Snape…going…kill him," a soft voice spoke from Harry's side.

Harry's eyes widened at the words. In his extremely drunken state, the words sounded to him like the people were saying they were going to kill him. He immediately tried backing away from the people. He drew his wand and waved it around. Truthfully, that probably wasn't a good move. A wave of nausea overcame him. However, he swallowed it back. Someone then moved closer towards him.

"Expel…mouse," Harry yelled. His eyes then narrowed. That wasn't right. "Expel…moose," he tried again. Within seconds, he heard the roaring laughter from everyone who was in the room with him. He then watched someone pluck his wand from his hands before someone lightly tousled his hair.

"It's…right, Kiddo," the Sirius-like voice said. "You're going to…hell…tomorrow."

Harry hung his head. He closed his eyes. These were the days where he really hated his life.