Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Linkin' Park
Breaking the Habit

Five hours later, Harry sat silently on top of his bed with his knees drawn up to his chest. Unshed tears hid behind his green eyes. He had finished with his quick shower and his punishment essay already. He even had handed his essay in to Snape. The older wizard had said nothing to Harry, though. He only dismissed him as if Harry was nothing.

Therefore, as Harry stared off into the cold shadows of his room, he felt his mood darken. Everyone else was downstairs in the kitchen eating. However, he hadn't felt like eating with them. After all, he knew that bad boys like him didn't deserve to eat.

Harry had broken the rules, and his Uncle Vernon had taught him the true meaning of punishment. He couldn't understand why Snape only made him write that stupid essay. He had nearly killed himself. He had nearly ruined everything the Order had tried so hard to protect, so hard Snape had tried to protect. He sighed heavily. It was his fault. It was always his fault because he was a…a…a freak. His loving relatives had taught him that. Someone could connect everyone who had ever died back to Harry some way or another. It was his fault. It was always his fault.

Why do I even bother? Harry thought to himself. They leave me. They all leave me. He then sighed heavily before he hung his head. His depressing thoughts weren't helping his mood. First were my parents. Sure, Voldemort might have murdered them, but it was because of me. Snape showed me that. I'm the one to defeat Voldemort. Stifling his emotions, he drew in a deep breath. He should have just killed me the first time. None of this would be happening otherwise. Hell, everyone would even be happier if I was gone. Snape wouldn't have to pretend. The Weasleys wouldn't need to spend so much time here at Grimmauld. It would be better. I'm sure of it. A soft knock on his doorframe made the melancholy young man's emerald eyes dart to the sound.

"Mr. Potter, are you done brooding yet or should I return? After all, I am at your disposal whenever you need me. Am I not?" Snape's face was relaxed, but his tone was biting.

Harry didn't respond, though. He already felt like a kicked puppy. He sighed softly before he glanced to the floor. There wasn't much more Snape could say that wouldn't make Harry feel any worse than he already felt. The young man sighed heavily. He couldn't understand why it was always him bad things happened to. It was the way things were, though.

"Perhaps you did not hear me," Snape said in an even tone. "Are you done brooding?"

"Yes, sir," Harry replied quietly. He hung his head even more. His day wasn't getting any better.

"Then follow me," Snape said as he turned around and walked towards the hallway. He quickly turned around when Harry didn't follow him. "Mr. Potter, is something wrong with your hearing?"

"No, sir," Harry responded.

"Then come here!" Snape hissed.

"Yes, sir," Harry meekly said before rushing towards Snape's side. He then lowered his head and glanced towards the floor. "I'm sorry."

"Potter, do I look like I care?" Snape barked.

Harry lowered his head even further until his chin rested against his chest. He then repeatedly apologized in rapid succession. He needed Snape to understand that he was sorry. However, Snape became even angrier every time Harry, even more sincere than the last, apologized.

"Potter, enough!" Snape yelled after the hundredth time of Harry apologizing. The older wizard then ran his long slender pale fingers through his shoulder length raven hair before he sighed heavily. "There is no need to apologize to me several dozen times, Harry. I understand and appreciate that you regret your behavior last night, but that is done and over with. Now, come."

However, Harry didn't move. He remained glued to the floor. He knew that it wasn't helping the situation any, but he couldn't shake the feeling out of his bones no matter how hard he tried. Harry's bright emerald eyes continued to stare at the floor. He couldn't face Snape's wrath, not now.

"I'm sorry," Harry quietly whispered as he withdrew into himself even more.

"You are trying my patience, Mr. Potter. If you utter one more apology, I will hex your tongue off. As I stated before, it is over." Snape then calmly walked towards the young Gryffindor.

"No it's not. It's never over." Harry's voice was barely above a whisper now. "It's never over for the…for the…the…" When he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder, he glanced up and whispered, "Freak."