Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Tin Star
Can't Get Out of My Head

Harry woke up the next morning to someone muttering quietly in an adjacent room. He opened one eye and immediately gasped when he recognized the rooms weren't his own. It was too dark for his rooms. He was still in Snape's rooms. He gulped as he rapidly fired off thoughts. However, he instantly sighed when he realized he was still wearing everything.

"I take it you slept well, Mr. Potter?" Snape asked rather amused as he leaned against his wall.

"Um…yes, sir," Harry replied hesitantly. "Why am I still here, sir?"

"Because I didn't think it would be wise to send you back to your rooms last night in your state of mind. You do not have to concern yourself over anything. I did not remain here with you last night. So your asinine thoughts may cease. You were alone the entire night."

"Oh," Harry said frowning.

"Dear Merlin, don't tell me you wished me to spend the night listening to you snore? Mr. Potter, I am your professor. There are certain boundaries that even I won't cross. Even if I was not your professor, what makes you think I would be attracted to you?" Snape smirked when he caught the boy's shudder. He had to admit it was rather fun to scare the boy every now and then. He'd hate it if they became too accustomed with each other. "I was summoned last night. I take it you did not see this?"

"No, sir," Harry replied shaking his head. "Can you not ever say anything like that again?"

"Only if you promise not to think it, Mr. Potter," Snape quipped. "Now, kindly get the hell out of my bed. I believe you've graced me with your presence long enough this morning."

Harry quickly flew from the bed and headed towards the closed door. However, he stopped just before and turned towards Snape, who seemed to be looking through a drawer in his desk for something. He watched the man before sighing.

"You're not even tired, are you?"

"I am, Potter. I'm just not showing it." Snape then glanced towards him. "I thought I told you to leave anyways." There was a hint of annoyance on his face, but otherwise Snape looked relaxed.

"You told me to leave your bed, not your rooms."

"Go bother someone else, Potter. After all, I doubt you'll need me rescuing you from Molly Weasley's famous omelet."

"You're not coming?"

"Just because you know my loyalties now and perhaps harbor some form of trust for me, Potter, does not give you the right to think that I will follow your every command. I protect you, Potter, not serve you. In any case, I would much rather remain up here this morning. After all, as you so kindly pointed out, I have not slept. Now, unless you can think of some reason why you would need me downstairs, I would greatly appreciate it if you left me alone for the next twenty-four hours. That is—"

"Unless Headquarters is being destroyed, I'm being kidnapped or killed, or the Headmaster needs you," Harry recited quietly. "Yeah, I got it. Can I have a stomach calming draught again?" He caught Snape's raised eyebrow immediately.

"If you wish," Snape replied before summoning one. "However, we are going to deal with this not eating of yours tonight during our lesson. I take it you haven't read the book I gave you?"

"No. I've read the first two chapters. It doesn't make sense, though."

"Have Miss Granger help you. If she is not available, then speak to Professor Sinistra. She should be able to help you. Granted, it is probably way out of the league of that witch's vocabulary, but she should be able to help you with the Latin. Otherwise, there is always Lupin. Now, if there are no more questions that need answering, I bid you good day, Mr. Potter."

Harry nodded before walking out. After grabbing his heavy Occlumency book from his room, he walked downstairs and glanced around the kitchen. Only Professor Aurora Sinistra, the frizzy dark-haired witch who taught Astronomy, was sitting at the table. Her dark eyes caught his as she glanced up.

"Good morning, Mr. Potter. They're all doing a bit of cleaning this morning." Harry's book then thumped loudly onto the table as he sat down. "So that's why Severus is here," Professor Sinistra said, motioning towards the book. "Where is the old bat anyways?"

"Upstairs, sleeping," responded Harry. He heard a soft 'of course' from the direction of his Astronomy professor, which made him laugh. "Do you think you could help me, Professor? I can't understand any of it." She only nodded.