Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sort of a sad chapter, I think, but should make you love Severus even more. Song is by Mandy Moore. Enjoy. :)
Only Hope

An hour later, Aurora flopped herself onto her bed with a loud thump. She couldn't believe the drama she was already going through. As she was telling Severus earlier, it wasn't as if she wanted to get pregnant or anything. Secretly, she was glad she was, but it wasn't as if she had planned on this. She closed her eyes as she allowed herself to rest. She was already extremely tired, and she wasn't really that far along yet. In fact, she was only about a month along.

Within moments after closing her eyes, she fell into a deep slumber. Familiar smells of her reoccurring dream took over, and she instantly relaxed. As she woke in her dream, she immediately recognized the room. It was Severus's sitting room, but she knew in the dream that it was in their rooms. She smiled contently as she knew how easy it was to become lucid in her dream. In fact, this same dream always turned into a lucid dream a few moments after she woke up in the dream state. She had acted out many scenes here over the years that should have belonged in the latest romance novel. The familiar intoxicating smell of cloves and other herbs quickly flooded the room. She slowly turned and smiled as she saw Severus leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed.

"You should be laying down, Aurora." His voice was velvety and full of warmth. "That is unless you wish Madam Pomfrey to lecture me again about you not taking care of yourself properly. That does seem to be something you would do to me."

Aurora laughed softly before walking towards him. It didn't take her long to reach him, and she quickly wrapped her arms around him. It felt so real in her dream. She could feel the warmth from him, which made her nuzzle into him to soak up every inch of him.

"You are being overly emotional again, Aurora."

"So curse me then, Severus," she replied with a soft laugh.

"I'd much rather kiss you than have to listen to the scathing lecture from Albus." He then gently kissed her forehead before encircling his arms around her. "It is much more enjoyable."

"Gee, thanks," she said with a smile. With her teeth, she raked her bottom lip. She could only imagine the tears falling down her cheeks in reality. "I love you, Severus."

"That much is obvious," he drawled. "As is the fact that you are being as emotional as a Hufflepuff right now," he said with a chuckle. "Do not scream." His strong arms then quickly slid under her before he picked her up to carry her.

"Ugh, yuck, Dad, do you have to do that right now?" a familiar young man groaned.

"Unless you do not wish to join your friends tonight at the dance, Harry, I would continue to finish your essay," Severus said in a semi-stern voice.

"Fine," the young man grudgingly replied.

"Enough of the attitude, young man," Severus quietly growled.

"Severus, leave him alone tonight," Aurora whispered half-asleep.

"As you wish, Aurora," he responded with a soft sigh. It didn't take them long before she felt Severus set her into their warm bed. She could feel him attempting to leave, which made her quickly grab Severus's sleeve. Her eyes opened and she stared at him.

"Don't go. Stay with me." Aurora watched him inhaled deeply before he glanced towards the door. She could see the wheels turning in his mind as he was deciding on the results of his action. Finally, a few moments later, he smirked softly before nodding.

"I take it that you wish me to hold you again?"

"Yes," Aurora replied with a slight hitch in her voice. If only she could ask her Severus to hold her at night. As soon as he joined her in their bed, she nuzzled closer and wrapped her arms around him.

"I am not going anywhere, Aurora, so there is no need to squeeze me to death."

"I know, but I just want to make sure." She gently set her head on his chest. The sound of his heart beating made the traitorous tears sting her eyes again. It was perfect. Everything about this dream was perfect. She could feel the warmth from him against her cheek. She could hear his beating heart underneath her ear. She could smell the herbs deeply engrained in his robes. She could feel the peace that only he could bring to her. It was perfect, absolutely and positively perfect. Only…it wasn't real, and she knew it. "I don't ever want to wake up, Severus," she whispered.

"So don't," he replied before kissing the top of her head again. It was utter bliss.