Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I wasn't sure how Snape would react, so this chapter is inspired by Die Hard. Enjoy. :)
Snape vs. Scrimgeour Part I

Drawing in a deep breath, Rufus Scrimgeour glanced around the Great Hall. The first thing he noticed was that his oh so loving fiancée was nowhere to be found. He had heard all about her behavior last night at the dance. He was rather convinced that she was the reason that he had to return to the Ministry prior to the end of ball. And he knew precisely why that was. She wanted to be with her Severus. His cold eyes then glared at a couple of the students who were glaring back at him. He instantly recognized them by their fiery red hair. Weasleys, if ever there were a pathetic excuse of Wizarding families, they surely would be at the top.

"All right there, Rufus?" Cornelius Fudge asked, giving him a questioning look.

"Fine, just missing Aurora, sir," he lied smoothly.

"Ah, yes, of course you are, son," the Minister replied before patting him on the back.

Scrimgeour was about to reply once more when he heard the large doors to the Great Hall burst open. He whirled around to see who had stormed into the room. When his eyes rested on a familiar sallow hook-nosed man, he glared. However, his eyes narrowed as he watched the man walk with a considerable limp. He then noticed the numerous lacerations to Snape's face. His plan would work perfectly now.

Scrimgeour motioned with his hand towards his Aurors that stood on either side of the doors. He drew himself up since there was a considerable height difference between him and Snape. As soon as Snape was directly in front of him, Scrimgeour stepped in front of Fudge as if to guard him.

"Under the statute of 10.90 of the International Wizarding Law, I am placing you under arrest for crimes you committed in the willful service of You-Know-Who. You are a known Death Eater. It's about time you joined your brethren in Azkaban."

"What?" Snape replied with a fierce glower directed on the man.

"That's absurd!" McGonagall exclaimed, throwing down her napkin.

"Codswallop!" exclaimed Hagrid. "He's no more a Death Eater than yer, Scrimgeour!"

"Then he'll have no problem showing us his left forearm, will he?"

Snape gritted his teeth. He caught the looks from his students who all seemed to be on the edge of their seats. Not surprisingly, his Slytherins were staring with a look of sheer wonder in their eyes. His dark eyes then came to rest on the familiar messy black haired young man in Gryffindor. Potter nodded slowly to him in understanding of Snape's unspoken command.

"No," Snape coolly responded. "I believe you both know my record so you know exactly what you'd find. That proves nothing, Scrimgeour. Now, if you have evidence of any casting of—"

"Then give me your wand, Snape, and we'll sort this all out."

"As you wish," Snape replied. He slowly reached into his left pocket and pulled out a long ebony wand. He carefully handed it to Scrimgeour before glancing towards his students. Thanks to Albus, Scrimgeour wouldn't be able to find anything on that particular wand. He then watched Scrimgeour wave his wand down it revealing the spells Snape used with it. He recognized the majority of the cleaning spells he used before his eyes narrowed when Scrimgeour stopped. "Well, did you find your proof, Scrimgeour?"

"Take him into custody, Alastor."

"On what grounds?" he growled. "I gave you my wand, Scrimgeour."

"As if I would ever trust the Head of Slytherin," Scrimgeour responded.

Snape glanced at Harry before growling. This entire thing was Potter's fault, and after it was clear, that boy's hands would be bloody sore from scrubbing every last cauldron. However, as angry with Harry as he was, Scrimgeour was the one that really ticked him off. He nearly punched the man when he leaned in towards him.

"I heard all about what you did last night to my fiancée. An accident in your quarters?" he said, scoffing. "She informed me last night how you forced yourself on her." Scrimgeour nearly laughed when he saw the flash of rage in Snape's eyes. This was just too fun. "I've been with her all morning, trying to calm her down. You got used to having your Dark Lord telling you to rape innocent women, didn't you?" Snape looked down right murderous now. "Forgot where you were last night when you were with her, didn't you? Thought you were above the law, didn't you?" Snape's knuckles were ghostly white as he tightly clenched them against his sides. "Take him into custody, Alastor." He then leaned further towards Snape. "I'm going to recommend to the Wizengamot that you get an immediate Kiss for what you did to her."

Snape glanced towards Moody and Tonks. Both Aurors walked slowly towards him with looks of confusion on their face. He'd only have one chance at this. He wasn't normally a physically violent man, but Scrimgeour brought the worst out in him. He fished the long forgotten pendant out from underneath his shirt before leaping towards the head of the Auror agency. As soon as he connected with the wizard, they vanished with a harsh crack. However, they reappeared a few seconds later in the Entrance Hall.

Scrimgeour's face was badly bleeding, but Snape looked all right while he landed punch after punch against the man. Scrimgeour then violently shoved Snape backwards before scrambling as fast as he could towards the Great Hall. Snape caught him, though, and yanked him back from the doors. Sending a dozen or so spells towards the man, Snape skillfully ducked every single spell Scrimgeour casted. The head of the Auror agency was starting to panic. He hadn't thought this might happen. He had thought when he confronted Snape that the man would come quietly. He didn't realize that Snape would physically attack him.

Scrimgeour yelled for help, knowing that he could spin this tale any which way he wanted. However, when nobody came a few moments later, he growled. Sending a nonverbal Incarcerous towards Snape, he grinned widely when the ropes latched around Snape effortlessly. He then tightened the ropes and chuckled as Snape battled against it. He could see Snape struggling as the rope around his neck tightened.

"And here I thought you were actually good at magic, Snape," Scrimgeour mocked. "She talked so much about how powerful you were, and how you'd kick my arse when you learned what I did to her. Do you want to hear what happened the first time I put her in her place? Of course you do. She wanted to run to you. Her big strong protector," he sneered down at Snape. "Oh, she tried to fight me. Oh, boy, did she fight against me," he said with a sickening grin. "I was stronger, though. Do you know why she refused to tell you? She wanted to protect you because she loves you. Her big strong protector who can't even banish—"

"STUPEFY!" More than two dozen jets of light then shot at Scrimgeour. Within mere seconds, the balls of light struck him and sent him flying with such velocity that he struck the opposite wall with a loud boom.

"Diffindo," Hermione casted as she pointed her wand at the ropes around Snape. The ropes instantly slashed to pieces. She then glanced down at the floor as Snape slowly got to his feet.

"Thank you, Miss Granger," he rasped quietly before gently resting a hand on her shoulder. He then glanced at the various students who had their wands drawn. The Weasley twins, Potter, Draco, Luna, Weasley, even Neville Longbottom had his wand drawn.