Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy the surprises and humor...at least I hope there's humor in it. ;D
Fruity Concoction

At breakfast the following morning, a large group of Gryffindors bent their heads towards one another as if to plan a top-secret mission, which truthfully it was. Everyone's favorite twins were in charge of this morning's planning, since they had the most experience. The twins had spent almost the entire morning plotting and planning their next attack, and they finally finished it this morning at three.

"All right, so we need recruits from the other houses. We also need to get some of the staff and especially Dumbledore in on this thing. He loves to plan so it shouldn't be too hard. Hermione, you're rather close with Vector, right?" Fred asked. Hermione nodded instantly. "Good, well, your mission is to sway her to our side today. If we're going to complete Operation: Get Snape a Girl, we're going to need the girl's best friend. It shouldn't be too hard because I think Vector has been trying to set them up for years." He then nodded towards his brother. "George and I will get McGonagall on board so we don't have to worry about her. Harry, if you take Dumbledore, then we should be set with the staff."

"Hermione, how goes the name hunt?"

"Well, my current ideas aren't really that good," replied Hermione.

"Doesn't matter, what are your ideas?"

"The first one was a play on the Muggle word GPS." She smiled apologetically when the pureblood Gryffindors stared at her clueless. "It's a device that helps Muggles when they get lost it. It's like our Point Me spell." The twins slowly nodded with still puzzled looks on their face. "GPS would stand for 'Getting Professor's Soul mate.' The second one is H.I.S.S. since they're both Slytherins. It would stand for 'Hell's Inferno: Snape/Sinistra."

"Ooh, I like that one," Fred said. "It's very sassy."

"I thought you might. My third idea was SOULMATE, 'Successful Organization Uniting Lovers in Matrimony Also Terminating Engagements." Several loud cheers were for this idea. "However, it would be rather easy for them to figure out."

"Unless we tell everyone that it's a dating service for students. They're bound to fall for that."

"Eh, you give them too much credit, Harry. Okay, so the plan for today is to get more recruits."

"Also, we need to keep them on their toes, so George and I are planning a special surprise for Professor Sinistra tonight. Oh, by the way, does anyone know who she's engaged to exactly?"

"Well, according to Daisy who heard from Roxie who heard from Dustin who heard from Keisha who heard from Lucian who heard from Roger who heard from a Sagittarius—" said a young Gryffindor.

"Oh, dear Merlin, what is it already?"

"She's engaged to an Auror."

"You're joking!" Fred, George, Ron, and Harry all said simultaneously.

"Nope, and that's not all. She's engaged to the head of the Auror agency."

"NO WAY!" Harry shouted before glancing towards the staff table. He instantly felt Snape's eyes on him, but he didn't care. There just wasn't any way that their Astronomy professor could be dating Rufus Scrimgeour. He had only met the head of the Auror office once, and the man had been a total git to him. He shook his head before glancing back to the table. "How in the world did those two meet?"

"I wouldn't even venture a guess," Hermione said.

"Professor Sinistra is not the straight arrow professor you believe her to be, Harry," a lemon in the bowl of fruit said. The sudden talking of fruit, however, caused all of the Gryffindors to scream out of fright. In fact, Neville and Ron both fell backwards off the benches onto the hard floor. "Ah, I must apologize for scaring you, Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Weasley. It certainly wasn't my intention."

"You . . . you . . . oh . . ." Ron started to say before picking himself up off the ground slowly.

"Lemon drop?" the lemon said before a soft laugh. "In answering your question, it is my impression that she is not truly in love with Rufus, but is rather satisfied for the moment because whom she wants is being a stubborn 'ass'. Her words, not mine," the lemon spoke. "Ah, well, you must forgive me, but I must return before they get suspicious. Do be careful. I would hate to have to visit my Potions master in Azkaban because a certain Gryffindor managed to be caught." The face that allowed the lemon to speak then disappeared.

"That was just too weird," said Harry, staring at the fruit.

"Yeah, I'm definitely not looking at fruit the same way ever again," groaned Ron. "Okay, well, we'll meet back here later at dinner to tell how everything went." The Gryffindors then went their separate ways.