Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :D
Scheming Gone Haywire

Fred Weasley was grinning widely as he and his brother walked into Professor Sinistra's office in the Astronomy Tower around seven. The twins had just finished speaking to McGonagall about their plan, and of course the Head of Gryffindor couldn't say anything but yes to them. Well, she did say other things like they should be focusing this hard on their studies, but neither really listened to that part.

So far, the group had reached their goals for the day surprisingly easily. Since Dumbledore hadn't taken points or even scolded any of the Gryffindors yet (as if that was ever going to happen!), the twins figured that Dumbledore was on board. Hermione only nodded towards the twins at dinner, so that meant Vector was also on board for their plan. According to some of the new recruits, the group had managed to recruit at least a hundred students, which was all due to the sheer brilliance of one Ron Weasley.

"Good evening, gentlemen," a soft voice spoke in front of the twins a few seconds later.

"Why, a good evening to you too, Professor Sinistra," Fred smoothly replied.

"Should I even ask?" Professor Aurora Sinistra, a witch with long dark brown hair pulled into a ponytail, asked, looking pointedly at the plate of food George was holding.

"Well, my brother George and I noticed that you were about to miss dinner again and thought that we'd bring it up to you." Fred then quickly grabbed the plate from George before setting it on her desk. "We weren't really sure what you wanted so we got you a whole buffet plate full of food." He smiled as the Astronomy witch nodded slowly. "It hasn't been tampered if that's what you're thinking."

"I assure you that I'm not thinking that, Mr. Weasley," Professor Sinistra replied. She then inhaled deeply before folding her arms. "Out with it," she said. "What do you two want?"

"Nothing," Fred and George replied instantly.

"Uh huh . . . now why don't I believe that, boys?" She then sighed. "You don't have detention with our Supreme Toad, do you?"

"Nope," Fred replied with a grin. "We've been good all week."

"That's likely," she snorted. "What do you two want? Just say it now before I find out and make you fine boys lose those points you earned this morning."

"Well, it's just . . . well . . . we heard that you were engaged."

"Mr. Weasley, there is such a thing as a private life."

"I know, but it's just . . . well, my brother and I were kind of . . . you know . . . shocked."

"That I'd be engaged?" she asked.

"No it's not that. It's just, well the rumor is that you're engaged to an Auror."

"And not just an Auror, but the head of the Auror office," George said.

"Yeah, and, well, my brother and I kind of thought that you were a bit of a . . . rebel."

"A rebel?" she repeated before rolling her dark eyes. "You've been spending too much time experimenting with your little inventions, boys. I have never been a rebel."

"No, but you do have a bit of a wild streak in you. After all, we all saw you last year at the Yule Ball." Fred instantly noticed the blush creep up her neck before she glanced away.

"Yes, well, I believe I was suffering under the influence of a laced cup of punch that certain Gryffindor twins mixed with Firewhiskey. I cannot be held responsible for any of my actions that you two caused." Her dark eyes then locked onto the twins. "However, none of that is the point. What is it about my personal life that you feel you need to discuss with me?"

"Well, it's just—and please don't take offense, but we think you're dating beneath you. I mean someone as lovely as you could have your pick, but instead you choose Scrimgeour whom people think is a vampire."

"Uh huh, okay, well, thank you for bringing me dinner, but before either of you say anything more, I would very much appreciate it if you left."

"But, Professor," Fred said.

"Mr. Weasley, I will not ask again. Now, whatever you two are scheming, don't. I am happily involved with a man I love, and I do not need either of you acting like jealous idiots around me. Now, I admit that I've allowed you two to carry on for too long, which is my mistake. Gentlemen, please do settle for someone your own age." She then sighed heavily. "I had thought you two would know better since we had this same discussion three years ago. Now, leave, boys, before I speak with your mother about your behavior." Both twins quickly fled soon after. They so did not need to hear Molly Weasley's lecture about proper behavior again.