Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :)
First Meeting

"All right, all right, I'm calling this meeting to order," Harry loudly announced over the screaming crowd of students. When the crowd hushed, he sighed and glanced at Hermione. "So, for our first order of business, we still need a name. Hermione," he said, holding his hand out to her.

"Well, I've come up with several potential ideas. In the interest of being fair, I would appreciate it if you voted on the name. The names we have so far are SOULMATE, Successful Organization Uniting Lovers in Matrimony Also Terminating Engagements; HISS, Hell's Inferno: Snape/Sinistra; or SWEETHEART, Slytherin Wedding: Electrifying Energy Tying Hearts Everywhere by Abandoning Rational Thought." A few people clapped for her new idea. "As you can see, though, it's kind of hard."

"Ooh, I just thought of this one. What about BREW, Bride Resisting Elegant Wedding?"

"We want her to marry him, though," someone yelled out.

"Plus, Snape would know something was up if we started a Brew club."

"What about H.W.?"

"People would think we're talking about Hermione and Ron then," Harry said. He glanced towards his best friends and caught the slight twinge on Ron's ears.

"Personally, I like Sweetheart's club." Several students then added their acceptances to the mix.

"As if a Slytherin would ever join that," Draco drawled. He then laughed softly as an idea hit him. "What if we acted like we were starting up the Duel Club again? We could call the club like Wand or something like Wedding Arranged, Nuptials Declared." A few students applauded that one, but for the most part the students weren't sure which name they liked more.

"We'll put it to a vote. Everyone will have a week to get his or her responses in, and we will use the winning name at our next meeting, which will be a week from now," Harry decided. He was getting tired of not having the name, but he guessed it wasn't something he could necessarily prevent. "All right, so Phase 1 was a success. We now need to start working on Phase 2. Draco, Luna, Hannah, and I have been working on this one, so I'll give Draco the floor in order to explain."

"All right, so we were discussing how certain idiotic romance novels usually have some scene of the romantic interests falling into one another's arms at some point. Well, Hannah and Luna convinced us that we should try it with Snape and Sinistra. So the plan is that we somehow get Snape on steps and either bump into Sinistra or something, but get her to fall so he'd catch her."

"What if he doesn't?"

"Well, her arse is going to hurt then," responded Draco snidely. He then shook his head. "If they ever find out what we did, well, then we're dead. But trust me, guys. Snape will catch her."

"Ooh, could we have a dance sometime? That's always romantic."

"That's a wonderful idea, Miss Weasley," Dumbledore responded with a wide grin.

"Albus," McGonagall warned with a mild glare.

"Oh, come now, Professor," Dumbledore said with a chuckle. "It is by far the best way to get them to be near one another." His eyes then twinkled. "After all, it was a dance that brought us together, Minerva."

"There is a big difference between you and Severus Snape, Albus."

"Why thank you, my dear," Dumbledore replied.

"Perhaps you're forgetting, though, Albus. The Minister is convinced that you're out to get him."

"See, yet another reason it'd be perfect, Minerva. It'd give me the perfect reason to invite him."

"And yet another reason for Aurora to bring Scrimgeour to Hogwarts," Vector grumbled.

"Alas, that would be an issue, yes, but I'm sure we could all overcome it." Dumbledore then stood up. "All in favor of a dance?" he asked. Nearly every student hand shot up. "Then that's then, I shall make an announcement tomorrow morning at breakfast."

"And just what kind of dance would this be, Albus Dumbledore?" McGonagall asked snippily.

"Dear Merlin, not another Yule Ball," Flitwick muttered.

"Oh, dear heavens no, nothing so extravagant, Filius," Dumbledore replied. "I believe Muggles sometimes refer to it as Snowflake Formal. Dresses would be required for the ladies, and men would be expected to wear their dress robes."

"Great, I'll look like my Great-Aunt again," Ron grumbled.

"Perhaps I could speak with your parents, Mister Weasley," Dumbledore cheerfully replied. He then clapped his hands and grinned. "I do love it when a plan comes together."

"Aurora always did love Severus in his dress robes," Vector said with a shrug. "It might work."

"Then comes the part of when we would do this."

"Well, my dear, there's no time like the present. We shall have it the night after tomorrow." Mouths dropped. "I know it is sudden, but I have a feeling the longer we wait, the more we risk the chance of failing."

"And just how do we get all the students formal wear on such short notice?"

"Madam Malkin would be more than happy to oblige if I just asked," Dumbledore coolly replied.

"Snape would smell it as a set up a mile away."

"Not if I tell him that I'm throwing it as a morale booster," Dumbledore responded in singsong.

"You have an answer for everything, don't you, Albus?"

"Just this, my dear," he replied, smiling. "I have only been planning this entire event since their second year of working together." He then laughed. "I am a hopeless romantic, you know."

"And a scheming manipulative old man also," McGonagall replied.

"But if it works, then you will be happy, my dear."

"I'll be happy for them, but I won't be happy per say."

"Whatever you say, Minerva," Dumbledore responded. "Hmm . . . I will have to bring out my best robes for this event." He caught McGonagall's eyes rolling. "Now, dear, there's no need for that."

"There's every need for that," she drawled. She then glanced at Harry. "If there isn't anything more that you'd like from us, I believe we'll put the Headmaster to bed before he comes up with another crazy idea."

"Ah, I have just the one too," added Dumbledore.

"Oh, but of course you do, Albus," she said, rolling her eyes again.

"No, we don't have anything else," Harry quietly said, trying desperately to keep a straight face. When they came up with this idea, they never thought they'd see this side of Dumbledore. It was rather hilarious at times. It was as if the old wizard was a little kid again. He watched the staff slowly filter out of the room. He then glanced towards Draco, and the two shared the look of amusement. Poor Snape didn't have a chance.