Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for your support. It's been awhile so i'm a bit rusty. There will be Snape and Harry starting from the next chapter.
Chapter 3

As Harry listened to Professor Dumbledore explain everything, he became utterly speechless. The Gryffindor did not know what to think. It was all kind of scary; the de-aging part, the Snape part…especially the Snape part. He had all day to process what the headmaster revealed. In the end, the only conclusion he came to was that Snape had been jinxed or was secretly someone else under polyjuice. It was obvious.

When Ron and Hermione came to visit, Harry imparted his logic to them.

"This has to be some kind of conspiracy or a inside joke that I am not a part of, right? I mean, this is the same Snape I've known since first year? This Snape you're all talking about isn't some polyjuiced stranger? We've seen it with Mad-Eye, it's possible. Maybe Snape died and Dumbledore doesn't want us to know yet. Tell me it's possible, Hermione."

Hermione sighed and shook her head. "Don't be ridiculous. Professor Snape is himself. And no, he did not die. I know it's hard for you to understand. This is a lot of information and you're confused. But Professor Snape has really been taking care of you for the past month. He really took a liking to you, too. He carried you around everywhere and even changed your nappies," She explained.

At this moment, Ron, being the best friend that he was, snorted.

"Snape took care of me! I mean. He fed me? He carried me around, changed my diapers and …..oohhhh god, I think I'll die now." Harry dropped back onto his bed and covered his red face with both hands. "Why can't my life be normal?"

"Hey, it's all right," Ron said with as much sympathy as he could muster. "If it makes you feel any better, Dumbledore kept anyone from taking pictures. There hasn't been anything in the Daily Prophet about it. Not a peep form Rita Skeeter."

"Rita Skeeter? Ron, don't remind me. I never want to hear her name ever again," Harry grumbled. The last thing he needed right now was another article in the paper spreading rumours about his lunacy.

"You really shouldn't be embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with a baby needing to be fed and having his…"

"Hermione!" Harry cut her off. "You don't get it. How would you feel if you had been de-aged and Snape was the one changing your diapers! It's not funny Ron! It's humiliating. How can I look at him ever again. I'll die!"

"Will you relax. Professor Snape's not going to make fun of you."

"Yeah. Just like how he hasn't been making fun of me for the past five years right?" Harry pointed out, putting emphasis on the, five years.

"He's changed."

"Changed? " Harry echoed skeptically.

"Well yes, even Ron thinks so, isn't that right Ron?"

"Um…yes and no?"

"Egh," the girl sighed, "never mind."

Harry decided to change the subject and steered his friends as far away from the subject of babies and Snape as possible. "So, how are we doing in Quidditch?"

o0oo0o0oo0o

There was another surprising side effect to his de-aging. His scar was gone. Harry felt strange when he looked in the mirror and saw no lightning shaped mark on his forehead. That wasn't just any scar. To a whole generation of British witches ad wizards, Harry's scar was his identity and the story behind it was historic. To Harry, the scar came with memories and a history of unfortunate events.

Professor Dumbledore put his explanation in the simplest of terms; since Harry was de-aged to a body prior to the events of Halloween, 1981, Voldemort never did the damage to this version of his body. Thus - no scar. The situation was obviously far more complicated than that. But the headmaster told Harry not to worry about it. If he presumed correctly, the scar would not come back.N obody knew what this meant, they would all have to wait and see.

o0oo0o0oo0o

Harry groaned, wondering how he had gotten himself in such a predicament. He had escaped the infirmary and was now back in the much cozier living quarters of Gryffindor Tower. But he could not escape the talks about babies. All day and everywhere Harry went, eyes followed him. The girls whispered to each other and giggled, even the Slytherin girls. Harry didn't want to think about what they were giggling about.

"You were a cute baby you know," Hermione shared.

Harry felt the need bang his head on the table.

"Yeah. You're lucky Snape didn't drop you on your head."

"Ron, Professor Snape is a potions master. There was no way he would do something like that with those steady hands," said Hermione.

"Yea well, potion cauldrons never did an impression of a bucking hippogryph," Dean barged in and all three of them laughed. But Harry couldn't find the humour in what Dean had said.

"Can we talk about something else, now?" Harry muttered with his forehead still on the table. But no such luck.

"Aw, our little Harry is all grown up," Fred joked as he and his brother came into the common room. One of them slapped Harry on the back.

"T'was only yesterday that I could hold him in me hands," said George, following his brother and giving Harry a brotherly clap on the shoulder.

Harry rolled his eyes and finally raised his head to give an annoyed look at the twins. "Oh shut up."

"He was such a wee thing…"

"…no bigger my left arm"

"or my right."

"wearing his wee diaper…"

"and chewing on his pacifier…"

"Alright alright! Leave me alone, will ya."Harry said quickly, blushing a shade of pink.

"Oh come, now. We're just having a bit of fun," said Fred.

"Besides, you were awfully adorable as a baby," George followed.

"Yup, even more adorable than our baby brother," Fred concluded. Now it was Ron's turn to blush.

"Okay! You can go now, bye." The red haired boy intervened before his brothers could begin telling the whole Gryffindor student body his baby stories.

"Fine. We'll let you off easy this time."

"Yes, but only because we have important work to do," George remarked.

"Very important work."

"And very secretive."

Hermione crossed her arms and gave the twins a look of disapproval. "What are you two up to this time?"

"Oh, something spectacular."

"Just wait and see, Granger. And be prepared to be blown away." George gestured outwardly with his hands. He winked and the brothers departed into their room.

"Those two," Hermione tutted. "They will get themselves expelled one of these days."

"Nah," said Ron. "As much as I hate to say it, those two are too smart to be expelled."

"Malfoy!" Harry cried out suddenly, making both Ron and Hermione jump. "I'll kill him, I will! This is all his fault. He'll never let me live it down! I could hear him now, the baby potty needs his diaper changed? Damn it!" Harry ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"No, you will not. Fighting with Malfoy will not help," Hermione protested. "Besides, I think, somehow this was meant to be."

"What do you mean? This was meant to be?" Harry was more than a bit miffed at her at the moment. "I was de-aged for one month, by 14 years! I have people laughing and making baby jokes at me. I…I don't even know how to react to the whole Snape being my babysitter thing. But one thing I do know is that thiswhole stupidthing was notmeant to be! Ron, mate, tell her."

Ron, being Harry's best mate would have sided with Harry if it were not for two things. One, Hermione scared him and two, Hermione was sort of right.

"Well…I'm not sure if it was meant to be or not. But Snape did, kinda, did carry you around and stuff."

"He did more than just carry you around, Harry," Hermione added. "He really took good care of you. More than your relatives ever did. And the reason I said that this is mean to be is that, there's still a chance."

"For what?"

"For you two."

"To what!?"

"Oh I don't know. To reconcile? To have a civil conversation? To have an ounce of what you two had when you were a baby and he was carrying you around and you falling asleep face planted on his shoulder. I just want the best for you Harry, and I think there's a chance."

"Well there's not. There is no chance at all that he and I could do … whatever you just said," Harry nearly shouted. "Maybe he did take care of me and good care too. Maybe he did even like me one little bit. But I'm not one year old anymore. I'm back to my old, normal self. And Snape hates thisme," Harry gestured to himself.

Ron spoke tentatively, trying to help and not make the situation worse. "Mate, you know I've always been the first to agree with you when it comes to that greasy git. But, this time, I can't help agreeing with Hermione. Snape doesn't hate you anymore. I mean, I actually saw him smile! And not in that ''I'm going to give you detention smirk'.And he even deducted less points from Gryffindor. Actually, I haven't gotten detention from Snape in a month!"

"Whatever," Harry shook his head. They're wrong, he hates me.I know it.But at the same time, a little voice inside his head told him otherwise.