Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a short chapter, but given that the one I've been working on was getting too long, I decided to make this into its own piece. If nothing else, I found it very amusing and I hope that you do too.
A Small Touch of Revenge

Ever since treating Severus's small boy, Poppy Pomphrey had been unable to get Harry out of her mind. She had tried to confront Albus directly about her concerns—or rather her implacable fury towards his relatives—but had been quite unable to track down the elusive man's presence.

Thus, it was with a clear conscience that she had decided on a different course of action. As both the school's healer and a previous member of the Order of the Phoenix, it was not a difficult task to determine the location of Harry Potter's relatives.

After wrapping herself up warmly in a heavy cloak, she made her way to edge of the Forbidden Forest and disappeared, only to reappear in a deserted lot nearby the Dursley's residence. It was already dark by the time she arrived, but she made her way quickly enough through the unfamiliar streets; her trek fueled by her determination to see justice done.

A tabby cat with odd markings around its eyes was the first thing she saw when she finally got to the house in question. She was torn between just petrifying the stupid animagi, or just ignoring the other woman while she went on with her business, but her internal dispute quickly became moot when the transfiguration professor opted to take things into her own hands—er paws.

"What are you doing here?" A very human Minerva hissed at her from a dark shadow next to the house.

"Paying my regards to the monsters in question," Poppy answered in a hostile voice.

Merlin help me, if Minerva's here to defend them, I will blast my way through her as well! She raved silently to herself.

"I am the Deputy Headmistress, if you will recall, Poppy. This is my job—not yours!" Minerva said, stepping decisively in front of her.

"Oh do grow up already," Poppy said nastily. "I'm not here to fight with you. So either put up or shut up!" She hissed out in a cold voice, quickly reminding the other woman why it was that the students had nicknamed her the "Dragon Lady."

The woman that met the two witches at the front door was thin and bitter looking. Poppy couldn't help but feel just that much sadder for the pain that the small boy had suffered under her "care."

"What are you doing here?" The woman spat contemptuously towards Minerva.

"We've come to check on your nephew," the woman at Poppy's side said with far more cheer than was warranted.

Petunia's face crinkled in distaste at Minerva's request. Poppy didn't need to be a mind reader to know that the woman loathed the boy.

"I don't know about how things are where you lot are from, but here in the normal world, we do not conduct business after dark!" She made to close the door in their faces, but Poppy stopped the flimsy piece of wood easily with her foot.

"Our worlds may not be the same, but I know good and well that slamming a door in someone's face is considered beyond rude!" Poppy hissed dangerously.

"You're all a bunch of freaks! I don't give a damn what you think is considered normal!" The woman spat back, trying once more to shut the door in their faces.

Poppy fired a single blasting curse and blew the door off of its hinges. Behind Petunia, she could see a large man clambering forth, blustering something about 'payments' and 'charges.' From beside her, she felt more than heard Minerva fire off a stunner to the man, dropping him on the floor like a heavy bag of cement.

The mediwitch saw Petunia's mouth opening to scream and she deftly cast a silencing spell on the horrid woman, and followed it up shortly after with charm that stuck the horse faced twat to the wall.

She flicked her wand towards the door and placed it back in its frame, not caring enough to bother with fixing its hinges.

Poppy turned towards Minerva and gave a smirk worthy of a Slytherin.

"I'd say that some justice needs to be done here," she said, her dark eyes belying the cheer in her voice.

Minerva looked at her critically, her lips pinched tightly together as she contemplated Poppy's suggestion.

"They starved him, Minerva. They beat him and harmed him—Lily's child, Minerva! Lily!"

When the other woman's eyes narrowed in fury, Poppy knew that she had won the argument. Now, the only thing left to do was to make these muggles miserable.

It wasn't very hard, especially for two well practiced adult witches.

Poppy charmed the kitchen floor to always show footprints, regardless of how many times it had been washed.

Minerva then cast a charm that caused the toilets to work in reverse every two or three flushes.

In response, Poppy made the eyes in all of the photographs constantly follow the house's residents around. She specifically made it only work for the inhabitants so that they could never show anyone else.

Minerva, with a grim smile, cast a curse over the refrigerator to make all of the meat taste like dog food. Poppy added onto the curse by adding a charm that made everything else only taste like brussels sprouts.

Minerva cast a charm on all of the chairs to make them randomly bite their occupants.

Poppy made all of the house taps only run blue water. It was perfectly safe, but the Dursleys wouldn't be likely to find that out.

Minerva charmed both Petunia's and Vernon's keys to get up and wander off from wherever their owners had last put them.

Poppy cursed Vernon with impotency and then cursed Petunia with a horrible rash that only appeared in the most embarrassing of places.

Minerva cast a charm on both Vernon and Petunia that caused them to constantly receive uneven haircuts. At the last moment, she felt sorry for the people cutting the hair and modified the spell so that the uneven hair was only visible to the Dursleys themselves.

Poppy cast a moving curse on two of the kitchen chairs that caused them to squeak when moved across the floor. After thirty-six hours, the curse would move onto the other two chairs and then move back again after another day and a half.

Minerva cursed Vernon with indigestion.

Poppy cursed Petunia with constipation.

Minerva cursed their telly to only show infomercials.

Poppy cursed their light bulbs to only work half the time—usually during the day.

Minerva changed the color of the carpet from beige to neon orange. Poppy changed all the walls to bright blue. Minerva cursed the phones only to let out squeaks for the first five minutes of all phone calls. Poppy cursed the front yard with weeds, while Minerva talked the neighborhood cats into constantly bringing "presents" to the front step of the Dursley's home.

From leaky faucets to bathtub rings, Poppy and Minerva attacked the Dursley's home with all of their pent-up fury towards what had happened to Harry while in their house.

Dawn was beginning to pink the sky when they finally deemed the house finished, but before they left, they modified the Dursleys' memories of that evening and then released them to go to bed for a bit. Neither woman felt it necessary to mention the strange wet spot that they would find in the middle of the bed.

Finally, they added one more charm to the wretched home that caused all of the home's problems to follow the Dursleys if they ever decided to move.

With that task done, the women nodded to each other and then apparated back to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.