Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

A few hours later, Harry was the only one in the sitting room. Snape had gone back to his bedroom to check on Sinistra, only he never returned. Harry didn't blame him, though. He could understand why Snape would watch her. She was still hurt pretty badly.

Harry was just about to fall asleep when an idea struck him. He knew that Snape had a plan to pay Carrow back, but Harry felt like he needed to contribute too. He knew just the way too. That was why Harry grabbed a spare bit of parchment and quickly scribbled several notes. His first note he addressed to the Weasley Twins. He knew they'd help.

Fred and George,

Sorry that I haven't wrote you two in awhile, but I'm sure you two understand. I don't know if Ron or Ginny has told you yet, but I guess things are bad at Hogwarts. Ginny told me that this new DADA professor keeps harassing Sinistra to the point of slapping her around. I don't know how to describe it, guys, but I feel like things are going to get worse. Someone I had talked to told me that the Carrows are Death Eaters like Snape. What do you guys say to sending some of your party favors to celebrate the Carrows three month anniversary?

Harry then set the note to the side and wrote another. This time he addressed it to Remus Lupin, one of his father's friends and Harry's former DADA professor. He didn't really know why he was writing Remus, but he figured it would never hurt anything.

Remus,

I hope things are going well for you. Sorry that I haven't wrote you this summer, but I think you know why that is by now. Ginny's been telling me how this DADA professor keeps harassing Sinistra. I don't really know why I'm writing you about it, but I…well, I feel like it's going to get worse, Remus. Ginny doesn't know why Carrow is treating her like crap, but I…I don't know. I hate being on the sidelines here, Remus, so I guess I'm writing you to see if you could do anything to help them at Hogwarts. I don't really know what, but I know that someone needs to do something.

Harry set that note aside and wrote one last note. He addressed this note to Luna.

Luna,

I just heard that Carrow attacked Sinistra. Someone needs to do something about those two. I wish I was at Hogwarts to be the one to do it, but you know how it goes. Luna, please gather the other students. The Carrows need you guys so they won't do anything stupid, but all of you need to fight back so that no one else gets hurt like Sinistra did.

Harry then sighed heavily and folded the notes. He wasn't certain how he was going to get the notes to his friends, but he knew he was. His eyes narrowed as a thought occurred to him. Dobby hadn't said anything when Harry had called him earlier. Maybe the house elf hadn't recognized Harry yet. A voice sounding strangely like Snape's squashed that idea, though. Harry drew in a breath as he tried to think of another way.

"Master Prince, do you require anything?" an elderly house elf asked as he walked into the room.

"Mokai," Harry replied with a smile. "Yes, I do. Can you get these letters to Hedwig so she can deliver them?" The house elf stared at him before glancing at the back bedroom where Snape was. "Please, Mokai, I need to do something to help her."

"Mokai will help Master Prince," Mokai responded quietly before snapping his fingers. The notes instantly vanished with the familiar light. The house elf then walked away.

Harry never thanked Mokai. He didn't really have a chance to because Mokai left before then. Harry quickly settled back onto the couch. The knots in his stomach loosened slightly. He knew they'd help, but he guessed they'd probably wonder why he was so concerned about Sinistra. Harry didn't really know why. It wasn't as if the witch was his favorite professor. If he had to give a reason, he'd say it was because he knew that she was the one suffering the most this year and he couldn't do a damn thing about it. Hopefully, it would stop soon, though.

Harry then glanced at the clock. It was three a.m. and he wasn't even the slightest bit tired. It was probably the adrenaline, though. He knew the moment that he fell asleep everything would change when he woke up. If Voldemort intercepted his notes, he'd probably wonder if Harry lost his mind. Harry was beginning to wonder if he did. However, he fell asleep anyway, though.