Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Hogwarts' Enlisted

Dobby glanced around the Great Hall as he saw the plates in front of the burly wizard that he knew he disliked with a passion. The man's entire aura gave off his darkness. The house elf smiled slowly when the wizard stood up to walk towards a student table. He glanced around to make sure no one was watching before he snapped his fingers. Only he would know the secret ingredient in the Carrow siblings' plates. The house elf then disappeared back into the kitchens. He hoped the Carrows enjoyed their little sprinkled belladonna omelets.

Dobby wasn't normally like this, but he and the other elves remembered the Carrows from the first Wizarding War. Dobby especially remembered the hexes Amycus Carrow used on him when he was at Malfoy Manor. However, the thing that set the elves off this morning was the news that Carrow had pushed Professor Sinistra down the staircase. The elves didn't interact much with the Astronomy professor because she tended to keep to herself, but when she did speak with one of the house elves, she always treated them with respect and courtesy.

For a split second, Dobby had wanted to sprinkle some of the belladonna on Headmaster Snape's plate, but the man hardly ever ate. And all the elves knew that Snape never ate with the staff at breakfast. However, Dobby remembered how Headmaster Dumbledore always told Dobby that he trusted Snape and that Dobby should then trust Snape. So Snape was safe for now.

Also at breakfast, hundreds of owls flooded the Great Hall dropping thousands of Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes products in front of the students. It instantly turned into mass chaos as children opened nearly everything, which set off dozens of fireworks and other noisemakers. The professors tried to banish the products. In fact, every time a professor tried to banish a product, ten more replaced it.

In the chaos, no one noticed the switching of the inkwells where the Carrows usually sat at the Head Table. That is, no one but a certain silvery gray eyed Ravenclaw girl who had been staring right at the black clad figure as he switched the inkwells. The dark figure only glanced at the Ravenclaw girl before bowing his head and vanishing from the room. Luna then sat back and smiled. She knew he was on their side. She just knew it.

Later on in the day, Amycus Carrow was grading papers. He dipped his quill into his very special ink and smirked happily. Snape had snarled at him this morning about something concerning that stupid Astronomy witch, but Carrow hadn't really paid any attention to him. The witch had it coming in his mind. What did Snape care anyway?

Carrow then attempted to write a huge 'T' on some Gryffindor girl's paper. However, the normally red ink quickly changed to a hot pink and the 'T' changed into the sentence "Harry Potter defeats the arrogant sod half-blood of a lord Tom Riddle." His eyes widened and he quickly banished the paper. He grabbed another essay and did the same thing as before, only to have the same sentence, "Harry Potter defeats the arrogant sod half-blood of a lord Tom Riddle" appear again. He did this same action ten times before he finally threw the inkwell against the wall. However, the hot pink ink quickly formed the same sentence, "Harry Potter defeats the arrogant sod half-blood of a lord Tom Riddle" in the biggest way it could on the floor. The ink then dried as quickly as it could and stained the floor.

Carrow was panicking now. He tried a banishing charm on the floor to erase it, but the sentence remained. He then tried a cleaning charm to remove it. The stain stayed, though. He tried covering it up with a rug, but soon the rug had the same sentence as the floor. It wasn't possible. It couldn't be possible. Carrow then narrowed his eyes as he remembered this morning at breakfast. It was those damn Weasley kids again. He had heard stories about them.

Throwing his cloak about him, Carrow angrily stormed towards Snape's office. He'd tell Snape what those damn kids did, and if Snape didn't let him punish them this time, well, he'd just tell the Dark Lord about his faithful follower's not so faithful followings. Carrow had just reached the phoenix statue when he felt the intense burning pain in his left arm. He gritted his teeth to prevent himself from crying out. Truthfully, he hated the damn Mark. Whenever the Dark Lord called him, it always felt like the Dark Lord was rebranding him only worse than the first time. Carrow quickly whirled around and headed for the front doors of the castle. He hated the fact that Snape got to apparate off the grounds, and he couldn't. One of these days, Snape would get what was coming to him, though. Carrow would make sure of that.