Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Epilogue

Nineteen years later, a family of five quickly made their way towards Platform 9 ¾ carting their luggage behind them. The oldest boy in the family was teasing his younger brother. Every now and then, the boys' mother would glance at them and give them a stern glare, which made the oldest boy stop.

"And then it sorts you into Slytherin, Albus," the eldest boy joked.

"Stop it, James! I'm not going to be a Slytherin!" the young boy yelled as he glared at his older brother. "I won't! I just won't be a Slytherin!"

"Boys," the boys' mother chided as she glanced at them.

"I won't be in Slytherin!"

"My, my, such hatred in your voice, young one," a curly dark-haired witch in emerald robes drawled as she walked beside them. Beside her was a dark-eyed girl with long blond curly hair that bounced angelically as she walked. Both witches flashed pleasant smiles towards the family.

"Good day, Professor," the boys' father spoke pleasantly.

"Professor, my, Mr. Potter, I haven't been your professor in years." The dark-haired witch then laughed softly as she glanced at the eldest boy. "However, you, Mr. James Potter, don't have that pleasure." She then glanced towards the boys' mother. "Mrs. Potter, a pleasure as always," she said with a slight bow of her head. "We aren't going to encounter the same issues with James this year, are we?"

"Oh, dear I hope not. However, you have our address?"

"Ah, yes, I believe I do somewhere." The witch then bent down in front of the younger brother. "I must admit that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you yet."

"Albus Severus," the young boy quietly replied.

"Hmm…well, Mister Albus Severus, might I be the first to say that Slytherin is not nearly as bad as you think it is." She then leaned in so that only he and his parents could hear her. "I myself am a Slytherin, Head of it actually."

"James always said that there isn't a witch or wizard who didn't go dark in Slytherin," Albus innocently said. The witch softly laughed before folding her arms across her chest.

"Oh, did he now? Well, if I were you, Mister Potter, I wouldn't pay a bit of attention to what your brother says. Not all Slytherins are evil. In fact, your parents named you after a Head of Slytherin House. Did you know that?" The young boy nodded slowly before hanging his head.

"Dad said he was the bravest man he ever knew," Albus quietly said.

"Hmm, did he now?" The witch then glanced towards Albus's dad. "I'm sure the Headmaster would just be thrilled to hear that. Now, Albus, listen to me. They named you after two Headmasters, one of Slytherin and the other of Gryffindor. Whatever House you are in, know that Slytherin and, as I am sure you will learn, Gryffindor will always have your back," she said with a kind smile. She glanced towards the young girl who was Albus's age. "My daughter was worried like you. Weren't you, Celes?"

"Yes, Mother," replied the blond girl softly.

"You see, her father has threatened to disown her if she ends up in any House other than—"

"Rose's dad said the same thing to her yesterday," Albus interjected.

"Well, you'll soon learn that parents are all talk. Now, you should go along inside before the train leaves." The witch glanced at her daughter and inclined her head. The young girl only drew in breath before heading onto the train. "I shall be seeing you soon, Mr. Albus Severus Potter."

"Dad, she's scary," Albus said as the witch walked away.

"There's no reason to worry, Al. She's harmless," his dad replied with a chuckle. "Now, go on, son. Write us as soon as you get sorted because you know how your mum gets." He laughed when his wife playfully hit his chest. The man in his mid-thirties then hugged his sons briefly before allowing their mum to do the same. The train whistle blew suddenly, and he quickly rushed the boys onboard. He watched the train slowly pull out of the station and sighed.

"I'm gonna be there soon," his youngest child said.

"Yes, you are Lily, but for now, you and I have a rematch scheduled," the proud father drawled. "After all, can't have my little girl going around saying she beat her dad at Wizard's chess." He then glanced at his wife. "How much do you want to bet Snape sends us a Howler tomorrow, Ginny?" His wife only laughed and rolled her eyes. All was well in the bustling Weasley-Potter residence.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you so much for reading. If you'd like to learn about what led to the epilogue, read the sequel "Into the Light" over at FFnet.