Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy. :D
Impish Tendencies

Soft clearing of a throat wakes me the next morning. My eyes flutter open, making me come face to face with blond curls and Draco's amused eyes. I feel the urge to hit him in the shoulder, but I don't because of his face. His bruises and split lip from last night are gone. Clearly, our little sister has healed him sometime. However, I once again hear that frustrating clearing of a throat, causing me to lift my head up and glance towards the door this time. I groan instantly before flopping back down onto the small bed. I should have known it'd be him.

"Good morning, gentlemen," Dad says from the doorway with crossed arms. "I take it that you both snuck in after curfew last night, correct?" He doesn't allow us to respond, though. "Five points from Gryffindor and Slytherin for breaking curfew."

"Oh, come on, Dad," I grumble. "We spent the night with Angel. It's not like we snuck out to find something dangerous in the Forbidden Forest."

"Continue arguing with me, Harry, and you'll find Gryffindor in last place until November." Dad then glances at us before shaking his head. "Well, since you're both here, I'd appreciate it if you helped your sister this morning." At my look, Dad explains further. "I must attend to some things before my first class, and Aurora is attempting to regulate her sleeping habits back to what it is during the term. Otherwise, I would do so."

"In other words, Mum's sleeping in," I say smiling.

"Perhaps you've forgotten as to when Aurora's classes are, Harry?"

"I haven't, but—"

"Unless you wish me to brew an Invigoration Draught for Aurora continuously in order for her to function semi normally, I would not make such comments, Harry." Dad then fixes me with a hard stare as if he knows what I'm thinking, which is exactly what has happened. "Aurora's classes are held the exact same time they were held when I was a student. So I assure you that the lateness at night is not by her choice. It is, as I'm sure you are aware, the best time to view the night sky."

"Yes, Dad," I reply, keeping my mouth shut this time.

"Wise decision, Harry," Dad responds before whirling around to walk back out.

"Daddy," Angel suddenly says, causing Dad to stop in mid-step. Her face lights up when he turns around towards her and stares at her. "Potions and Slytherin," she quietly says with a shy smile on her face before glancing down at her bedding, biting her bottom lip nervously.

"Merlin's Felix Felicis," Dad mutters under his breath before shaking his head.

"Yeah, well, we also decided to teach Angel some words last night, too," I say smiling.

"Fifteen points to Gryffindor and Slytherin," he murmurs, still staring at Angel before whirling around and walking out. It clearly has shocked him to hear her say those three words.

"Come on, Celes. Let's go brush your teeth." Draco then gently picks our little sister up and carries her in her pajamas to the lavatory.

Knowing that I'm probably the one in charge of picking out her outfit, I glance around for her dresser. I instantly scoff when I see the mini-Slytherin uniform lying on the back of a chair a few seconds later. Yep, she is definitely the daughter of two Slytherins. I sigh and grab the mini-uniform before walking towards the lavatory. I nearly laugh when I hear Draco scolding her for swallowing the toothpaste. I wonder if the twins have ever scolded Ginny for that.

"Hey, guys. I take it that you wanted to wear this today, El?" I ask, holding up the uniform. I laugh and roll my eyes when she nods with toothpaste running down the corner of her mouth. "You look like a rabid dog right now, El." I watch her eyes narrow on me as she processes that before she suddenly huffs and whirls towards the sink. When she angrily spits the toothpaste out, Draco and I both nearly burst out laughing. I can definitely see a bit of Mum's personality in her. I gently run a damp washcloth over her mouth to remove the toothpaste from her and watch Dad's side take over. She glares daggers at me with a rather good impression of Dad's mild glare. "What? I'm just telling you the way I see it, El." She has that 'you suck' look on her face, which makes me quietly laugh. She is just too cute sometimes.

A few moments later, we finish running some lukewarm water with bubble bath into the built-in tub. Draco and I both put our hands in the water to make sure it's not going to burn her. Draco then gently sets her into the tub once she's undressed. We then glance at her, which makes her fold her arms across her chest with a 'what now, guys' look on her face as the bubbles surround her. Draco and I look at each other before sighing. We've watched Dad go through this routine a total of two times. However, I'll be the first to admit that I haven't ever paid that close attention to it.

"Oh, screw it," Draco growls before pulling out his wand. He then magically removes any of the dirt from her before casting a freshening charm. "If Severus asks, Celes, we gave you a bath, all right?"

Angel, however, smirks before splashing water and bubbles at us. She immediately giggles when Draco and I are drenched. She has that devilish smile on her face again. Once more, she splashes us, causing us to splash her back.

We continue this splash war for at least two minutes, sending water everywhere. We both know that if Dad ever finds out, we are going to be in huge trouble. What can we say, though? Our little sister's giggles are infectious and cause us do stupid things just to hear it. We then gently pull her out of the bubble bath and dry her off.

Draco is the one holding her to keep her from squirming as I dry her off the best I can. Once more, though, Draco uses magic to do this part of the routine. I have to admit that I am grateful for it. Draco then releases her as we both grab her uniform to help her change into it. When I glance back at her, though, the little curly blond is gone. Glancing up to Draco, we both think one thing before rushing out of the lavatory to search for her.

"How did she sneak past us?"

"Obviously, she takes after Severus more than we thought," Draco responds, heading towards Angel's room. "Nothing," he mutters a few seconds later. His gray eyes then glance towards the half-opened door to Mum and Dad's room. "You don't think she'd—?"

A loud scream answers for me. I rush down the hall towards the room and burst in. I instantly grimace when I see that Angel is lying on top of a very awake Mum. I then glance towards Draco.

"We are so dead." He nods in response.

"Well, good morning, children," Mum purrs with an amused smirk as she glances at us. "You do realize that I have a clause in my contract that states I do not have to be up at the crack of dawn, right?"

"Sorry, Mum, we just turned away from her for a moment and, well, I guess she decided to wake you. We'll take her back so you can get your rest."

"No, no, it's all right." Mum then yawns. "I like being scared half to death, thinking that I have someone trying to kill me." She fixes Angel with a look then. "Just remember, love, I'm a year younger than your father, meaning his old heart can't take a scare like that." She and Angel then laugh.

"Oh, really?" drawls Dad behind us. "You think I'm old?"

"I think there are some things your heart just can't take these days, Severus." Mum fixes him with a pointed look that makes Dad quickly clear his throat. She smiles in response before glancing back at Angel. "Where are your clothes, young lady?"

"We were trying to get her dressed when she ran off on us," I answer. I then watch the uniform in my hands suddenly appear on Angel. "Well, at least she's dressed now. Thanks."

"Well, I can't just allow my daughter to catch her death down here, can I?" Dad responds.

Mum then smirks before tickling Angel's tummy, causing the little blond to giggle loudly.

"Mummy," Angel squeals through giggles.

"Well, well, well, look who is talking." Mum then tickles Angel more. Loud squeals of pure joy fill the room as Angel giggles hysterically.

"Mummy," she squeals more.

Mum then whispers something into Angel's ear. The two of them then glance towards Dad with very wicked smiles on their faces. They're practically salivating over him. Angel then giggles and nods her head before whispering something back to Mum.

"Aurora?"

Mum smirks before slowly getting out of bed. She has that look on her face that is just utterly frightening. It's as if she's a lion stalking her prey. She then inhales slowly. Her nightgown swishes softly as she walks towards Dad. She then grabs a hold of his outer robes and pulls him behind her towards the bed.

"Uh, Mum, Draco, Angel, and I are still—" My mouth then drops.

Mum lightly pushes Dad onto the bed. Both she and Angel then attempt to tickle him. A few seconds later, she gives us that 'are you two going to help' look.

We glance at each other and shrug. Joining Mum and Angel, we both hold Dad down as the girls attempt to tickle him. He, however, doesn't laugh at all. In fact, he glares at us. We laugh, though, as the girls try tickling him elsewhere.

"Wait," Mum suddenly says. She then glances at Dad before smirking devilishly. "Hold him down, boys." She then smiles wolfishly down at him.

"Don't you dare!" growls Dad.

My mouth drops when I see Mum put the majority of her body weight on Dad who is struggling to get out of our grasps. I glance towards Draco and see that he's just as shocked as I am. Mum is kissing Dad's neck just behind his ear. I watch Dad's face and nearly laugh when I see him struggling with his facial features.

"Stop," he croaks, attempting to wiggle out of our grasp.

"Not until you laugh," Mum replies, still smiling wickedly. "And not that fake laugh you do sometimes. We want a real laugh."

"Aurora," Dad warns. He then closes his eyes when she finds that spot again. He opens his eyes again and glances at us before snorting. "Damn you, woman," he growls in a lower octave than we usually hear from him. He snorts again before finally chuckling. His laughter sounds rough like sandpaper, but also smooth as velvet. He then suddenly breaks free and wraps his arms around Mum and Angel before tickling both of them.

Angel giggles loudly as Mum and Dad's laughter fills the room. Draco and I then join in. Soon, we're all laughing until our sides hurt. However, the laughter subsides, and we all just rest there, recovering from our laughter.

"You, gentlemen, should make your way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Angel and I shall be there shortly," Dad says with a relaxed look on his face.

Draco and I then both say our goodbyes before leaving. I can't believe we did that.

~SS~

Ten minutes later, I sit at the Gryffindor table eating breakfast with Ron and Hermione. It's rather quiet, and it seems as if no one really has missed me this morning. At least, Ron and Hermione aren't saying anything. Fred and George only smile at me, but then they know where I was last night.

"Harry, what happened to Jezlyn?" Hermione suddenly asks, motioning towards the door.

I immediately glance towards the door before standing up outraged. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Rushing towards the door, I offer Jezlyn my arm for support.

The fourth-year Slytherin looks like a tiger has mauled her. Numerous spots to her robes have rips and tears. She has scratches to her face from what appears to be someone having clawed at her. Bruises upon bruises paint her cheeks and eyes. In fact, her left eye is swollen shut.

"What happened?" I ask, feeling oddly protective of her.

"Nothing, I mean, obviously not nothing, but nothing you need to worry about, Harry." She then lays a hand on my arm with a short laugh. "I made a comment about something in the common room last night, and some people didn't agree with it."

"So they beat you up?" I squawk. "We have to go to Dad—"

"Absolutely not," she snaps. "I'm not going to him or Aura about this. Listen, Harry. I appreciate the macho thing you have going on, but this is the same old, same old for me. I mean, this type of crap happened all the time at Beauxbatons. I shoot off my mouth, and someone doesn't like it. It's the one trait I get from my sister." She then smiles painfully. "Trust me. I can handle it." Her eyes then dart over her shoulder. "Just like I did with them," she says, motioning with her eyes towards the Slytherin girls limping in looking about the same as her if not worse.

"Remind me not to mess with you," I say scoffing. "You should at least talk to Madam Pomfrey, Jezlyn. They might have caused more damage than you thought." I can't help but think back to the numerous injuries the Dursleys have caused me. I watch her smile and just know that she's not going to take my advice at all. "Jezlyn, just…just be careful.

"I always am, Harry." She then walks to the Slytherin table and sits next to Draco.

I stare at Draco and nod back at him when he does. I know that he's going to watch over her. I then notice that Blaise and Theo are glaring towards the other Slytherin girls. Well, at least those two are still friends with Draco. I then shake my head and sit back down at the Gryffindor table. I don't care what she says. I'm talking to Dad for her and Draco.

"Slytherin's certainly going to be interesting this year," Ron mutters before taking a bit of toast.

"Yeah," I reply glumly.

A few minutes later, the doors swing open, revealing my little sister and Dad. I smile towards Angel and nearly laugh when I notice her swishing her long black robes back and forth. I can just see her trying to billow them like Dad's robes. Speaking of him, I notice his interesting choice of color. His robes are midnight blue with black pants and a black turtleneck of course. I'll admit that they look rather adorable together.

"It's so strange that she's Snape's daughter," Seamus says, glancing at Angel. "I mean, she's smiling and seems rather happy. Must get that from Sinistra, huh, Harry?" he asks.

"No. She gets it from Dad," I snap back, glaring at my housemate.

"Sorry, mate, I didn't…I don't mean it as an insult."

"Whatever, Seamus," I reply, finishing my breakfast. I can't believe I'm so sensitive over this thing still. I then scoff. Well, gee, I wonder why that is. I shake my head and glance up at the High Table. I nearly laugh when I see that Dad's attempting to cut Angel's pancakes for her. That is just a disaster to happen. Sure enough, I'm right, which seems as if Dad knew also. A piece of syrup-laced pancake hits Dad square in the face. I then feel someone clap me on the shoulder.

"Taught her well last night, I see, Harry," Fred says grinning.

"Yeah, well, she didn't learn that from me, guys," I reply with a soft laugh. The hooting of hundred of owls then fill the room as they deliver the morning post. I sigh heavily when the Daily Prophet lands in front of me. I might as well see what lies they've printed this time.

"Whoa," I say, staring at the headline. "Guys, this was the lady that was supposed to teach us Defense this year."

"Guess the curse got to her before she took the post then," Ron says shrugging. "From what I heard Dad say, though, it's probably a good thing."

"Ronald!" scolds Hermione. "She and forty-two other Ministry officials died this week. Show some compassion."

"Mione, who knows? He might have been doing us a favor killing her. I mean, look at her. She looks fake and a total—"

"Ronald Weasley, don't you even start," Hermione growls.

I then roll my eyes before skimming the article for any information. I can only assume that Voldemort is behind this. He's only behind everything that goes wrong in my life after all.

Aurors found the body of Dolores Jane Umbridge, Undersecretary to Cornelius Fudge, in her flat in London today. An anonymous source reports that the unknown assailant posed her body on the floor so that someone would easily discover her. Miss Umbridge also had a five-inch laceration to her neck with her vocal cords removed, but according to the source had little to no traces of blood loss. It also appeared that the unknown assailant gouged her eyes out with what appears to be a dull spoon. Aurors reportedly have no leads. This is the forty-second Ministry official to be found dead this week.

Of course, readers will remember that this week's murders of Ministry officials also coincide with the seventeen known and convinced Death Eaters escaping from Azkaban last Saturday. The following is an eyewitness's account of the breakout.

"I'll never forget it," remembers a fifteen-year veteran of Azkaban. "They moved faster than humanly possible. It was as if they were apparating or something, but you can't in Azkaban. But you know if they can do so in a high-security and warded prison, then they can do so anywhere. The things didn't even seem fazed by the Dementors at all. It was almost as if they…they were unstoppable. They knew exactly what they were looking for and got it without even having any resistance from any of us. We're not safe."

Setting the paper aside, I close my eyes. The account echoes in my mind, repeatedly playing back. There are only a few things that I know of that could do something like that. The bell for first class, however, cuts off my depressing thoughts. I grab my bag from the table and turn around. Though, I stop moving to the door when I hear Dad's voice behind me. I turn back around, only to have Angel launch herself at me.

"Hey, El," I respond, picking her up off the ground. "I've got to get to my next class, so we're going to have to cut this short." I kiss her cheek, making her giggle softly. Her arms then fly around my neck before she hugs me and returns the kiss to my cheek. "Be good," I say with a smile. I then set her back down onto the ground and watch her run over to Draco before doing the same to him. I nearly laugh when I notice how much he tenses up. I'm going to have to rib him about that later. A few seconds later, I watch Angel happily skip away with Dad out of the Great Hall.

"Awe, that was sweet of you, Harry."

"Sure, Mione," I drawl, shaking my head. "It's not as if any of us can control her anyway."

"Yeah, well, you couldn't pay me enough to do that with Ginny," Ron says. "I mean, sure, I love her, but I don't want all of my friends seeing me hug her either. You're a brave soul, Harry."

"Well, maybe he doesn't care about appearances, Ronald, unlike some people," Hermione snaps, glaring at Ron before huffing and walking hurriedly towards the doors.

"Good job, Ron," I groan, watching the witch storm away from us.

"What? It's the truth. It's not my fault that she's getting her knickers in a bunch about it."

"Let's just go, Ron."

"Oh, yeah, because Binns is just going to be so thrilling this year about the Goblin wars," he replies sarcastically. He then grabs my arm. "You're not going to turn into Mione now, are you? You know, being a bookworm and all that junk?" he asks.

"Well, seeing as how I have two professors for guardians, Ron, what do you think?" I answer.

"Bloody hell," Ron groans, "now I've got two of you." A few minutes later, he starts to laugh. "You know, it's funny, mate. I honestly don't know why I'm worried. Just because your adopted family is full of Slytherins, you're all Gryffindor," he says, clapping me on the back.

"Lovely, Ron," I mutter, opening the door to the History of Magic classroom and taking my seat.

~SS~

All throughout the day, I've been scheming of when the best time is to approach Dad about Jezlyn and Draco. I have tried to speak to him earlier during our Potions class, but Dad never makes it over to me. I even have tried during lunch, only Dad isn't in his office. And unfortunately, I have classes the rest of the day up to dinner. However, the solution finally hits me in Divinations.

Throughout the first ten minutes of class, Professor Trelawney keeps giving me odd looks as if she's afraid that I'm going to become a mass murderer or something. After another minute of this, I finally decide that enough is enough. I stand up, grab my bag, and storm out of the room. I can hear the students gasping behind me, but I frankly don't care right now.

Rushing down the windy staircase, I make my way towards the dungeons. The corridors are practically empty since the majority of the students are in class. My entire journey takes about ten minutes in total solitude. I stop the second I'm in front of Dad's office door. I'm not even sure if he has office hours right now. Drawing in a breath, I knock on the door. Here goes nothing.

"Enter," Dad announces. He then gives me a puzzled look when I walk into his office and close the door. "Harry, is something wrong?"

"Dad, last night," I start to say before sighing. I then inhale deeply. "Crabbe and Goyle attacked Draco last night, Dad. They jumped him from behind."

"I see. I take it then that the reason neither one of you two idiots told me last night was because you didn't wish me to take points from either of you."

"No. Draco said that's just how the things are in Slytherin and that you'd understand."

"I'd understand?" growls Dad. "Am I correct in my assumption that Angel healed him?"

"I think so. He didn't have the bruises or split lip this morning, I mean." I then suck in a lot of air in preparation for Dad's temper. "Jezlyn showed up in the Great Hall this morning hurt pretty badly. Her robes had rips and tears in them, and she had some pretty nasty cuts to her face."

"And no one in the Great Hall noticed this except you? None of the professors?" he snaps.

"Draco, Blaise, and Theo covered her up somewhat so no one would notice."

"You little idiots," he snarls, standing up and glaring at me. "If you allow things to fester, they usually explode." He then shakes his head before sighing. "Why didn't you tell me this sooner, Harry?"

"It's not my House. I mean, I . . ." I then close my eyes, feeling my gut contract painfully. "I'm sorry, Dad. I should have told you last night when you were talking to Declan."

"What?" he exclaims. "How do you know I was speaking to Declan last night?"

"Angel's walls went translucent for a moment and let us see the whole thing."

"Translucent?" he asks, staring at me. "That's impossible. Only house elves' magic can alter the castle's structure," he explains. He then snarls loudly before calling for a house elf. Sensing Dad's anger, the poor thing's ears droop immediately after it appears. "Did you charm the room to respond to my daughter's thoughts?"

"Yes, Mr. Dark Wizard," it squeaks fearfully. "We have been ordered to."

"Who gave you that order?"

"Ralphy can't say, Mr. Dark Wizard." The house elf then throws his arms up to cover his face.

"Why can't you?"

"Because we house elves are bound to secrecy, Mr. Dark Wizard."

"Someone, though, gave you that order to make the room respond to her." Ralphy nods in response. "Someone who lives in this castle?" asks Dad. He sighs when the house elf shakes his head. "Someone who is blond?" he questions. Ralphy stares at him for a moment before nodding slightly. Dad snarls again before clenching his teeth angrily. "Remove the charm immediately, or I shall ask Professor Dumbledore to free you."

"Dad," I exclaim.

"Ralphy shall remove the charm immediately, Mr. Dark Wizard." The house elf then snaps his fingers, disappearing from the room.

"I will not have anyone interfere with our family, Harry, not Dumbledore and sure as hell not these damn people after Aurora." Dad then inhales slowly. "Thank you for informing me about Draco and Jezlyn." When I narrow my eyes, he shakes his head. "Don't concern yourself. I'll deal with it."

~SS~

A few days later, I sigh heavily as I sit in the library starting my Potions essay for the tenth time. Draco has refused to speak with me since I've told Dad about Crabbe and Goyle. Ron and Hermione are fighting, putting me in the middle once again. I keep getting defensive when anyone makes a comment about Angel so my housemates are tending to stay away from me. Jezlyn has befriended Millicent Bulstrode so the feud concerning her seems to be over for the time being. The only people who aren't mad at me it seems are Mum, Dad, and Angel. Though, I haven't seen Angel lately, and Mum and Dad are too busy with school stuff.

"Oh, yes, Blibbering Humdingers are quite in fact real contrary to what the Prophet says," a soft voice says on the other side of the bookcase. "Though, I don't necessarily blame the Prophet. Their editors are under the influence of Artisan frogs from Titan. You see, Minister Fudge is trying to make sure the public doesn't know about his army of Heliopaths that he soon will send against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. My father, however, believes the public should know about it because we personally believe that the Minister is overstepping his bounds by making an agreement with the Heliopaths. They're rather dangerous creatures, you know."

I grab a book from the shelf and look through the hole to see the strange talking girl. The book in my hands clatters to the floor a few seconds later. I then round the bookshelf with a round of words on my tongue. I can't believe it.

"Angel, do Mum and Dad know where you are?" I ask, feeling my heart pounding in my chest.

"Hello there, Harry," Luna, a fourth-year Ravenclaw, says smiling.

"Hi, Luna," I mumble before turning to Angel. "Do Mum and Dad know where you are?"

"No," Angel responds, biting her bottom lip and glancing at the floor. "Am I in trouble, Harry?"

"Mum and Dad are probably worried sick, El. What were you thinking?" I scold. I then watch Angel's face fall and hear her sniffle. "Come on, sis. Let's go see Mum and Dad." I sigh and pick my little sister up. "Thanks for watching her, Luna," I say to the blond Ravenclaw.

"No problem, Harry," she responds, smiling with a somewhat airy look in her eyes.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, Angel and I then walk out of the library. I immediately feel the tears soaking my jumper, which makes me gently rub Angel's back compassionately. She clearly understands how much trouble she's going to be in with Dad. I softly whisper to her that everything's going to be all right that I'm going to be right there with her. A few of the students glance at us as we pass by them on the moving staircases, but no one says anything until we're well past.

A few moments later, I'm walking into our rooms through Salazar's opened portrait. I don't see Mum or Dad, though, in the sitting room. Angel's whimpering now as I walk towards Dad's personal lab. Yep, she definitely knows how badly she's in trouble. I glance in and sigh as I see Dad bending over a cauldron. Well, time to squeal on another of my siblings.

"Dad, do you have a second?" I quietly ask. "I found her in the library."

"What was she doing there?"

"Talking to Luna apparently," I answer. "Wasn't Mum supposed to be watching her?"

"No, Aurora's lying down." Dad then sighs. "I was the one who was supposed to watch her." He holds his hands out for Angel. "You, my Angel, are becoming a rather naughty girl."

"I sorry, Daddy," she responds with a few hiccups from crying.

"Oh, I don't doubt that, my Angel. Just ask your brothers. One is always sorry after getting caught." He chuckles softly when she fiercely shakes her head with big brown puddle eyes. "No sweets for a month and no unsupervised time. Do you know why? Because you broke my trust," he answers. "I'm very disappointed in you, my Angel." Dad then inclines his head at me. "Thank you, Harry."

"If you want, Dad, I can watch her for you."

"Trying to put off that Potions essay that you're having difficulty starting? You've only been complaining about it for the past two hours, Harry."

"Sorry," I mumble. "I just don't get it, Dad. It doesn't make a bit of sense."

"Pull up a stool," he says before setting Angel down on the stool beside him. He then pulls out a handkerchief and wipes away her tears. "I forgive you, my Angel." He then gently presses a kiss against her forehead before glancing at me. "All right, let's work on that essay of yours, Harry."