Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Not mine, als J.K. Rowlings!
drat xD
A friend

He looked at his watch and inhaled. Only four seconds. Then he would turn eleven. God eleven, what a lovely age, with no worries and fears.

CRACK, Harry jumped to his feet and backed away into the corner, as he had done before. He could not change to much, but would it change much if he would face the man? He stepped back out and Dudley pushed him forward shrieking in fear he took his place, his fat belly peaking out.

CRACK, the door flew out of its angles and crashed to the floor and Harry shivered slightly as the cold night wind rushed in. Hagrid stepped through the door and picked it up behind him.

"Ahh, sorry about that." He said and then turned around to face a rifle in his uncles hand, pointed at his face. Vernon had paled to the bone and screamed at the man to leave, but Harry turned him out. Hagrid, there he was. He almost cried in happiness. The man was alive. He could not remember when he had seen him last. The last time he had really seen him he had gone into hiding and then was never heard of again. Harry knew that he had been killed, he just knew it. Hagrid would have at least tried to let him know if he was alive.

He watched passively as the half-giant broke the rifle in half and then turned towards him. Shaking himself out of his stupor he told him that he was indeed Harry Potter. Should he play stupid though? No, he would not.

"Ready to go then?" Hagrid said a little later as he had handed him the letter and then the second fight between him and Vernon broke loose but harry simply stared at the letter.

It was signed by Dumbledore and McGonagall. A warm feeling spread through his stomach as he turned to Hagrid who was waving his umbrella in his uncles face, whose vein was throbbing at a dangerous rate. Petunia was hiding behind her husband, finished with her little show of ignorance about her sister. Harry had not talked back to them. He knew how his parents had died and had no need to fight with them. But he had to get Hagrid out of here before he did something foolish as attack his cousin.

"yes, I am ready to go." He said hastily ignoring the fat cousin of his who was eating his cake. Hagrid turned towards him and his features got softer at once.

"Well, lets hop then." He said and Harry happily turned his back on his family.

They walked out into the rain and Harry absently remembered that in his first life, they had spent the night in the cabin. Shouldn't they do that now? Would they change much?

"Where are we going, Hagrid?" He asked as they sat down in the boat, shaking violently in the rough water.

"We will travel to Diagon alley, thats a wizarding town, there you can buy all your school supplies. I would prefer not to ride tonight, but your relatives are not the most polite people." Hagrid said while turning on the motor on the boat.

"Okay." Harry said quietly and thought furiously. This was not good. What if they got attacked? But there was no danger yet, he knew that much. Voldemort was still weak in Quirrels body and the rest of the Death-eaters were still cowering somewhere. But he shouldn't change that much about the past. Or maybe he should not worry at all and just let the things happen? No, he couldn't do that. then everybody would die again. He had to plan his next moves. Letting Dumbledore know of the Horcruxes was most important. It was. But could he trust the man? did he still trust him after everything he had read after the mans death? He was not sure. Just not sure.

"Harry, Harry?" Hagrid called and Harry looked up, shielding his face from the hard rain. "Get off." The man called and reached his hand over and Harry gladly took it. His body was limb from the huddled position he had sat in and he was almost frozen to death. What he would do to get his wand now.

"How are we getting to the town, Hagrid?" Harry asked looking around. There were no-where close to diagon alley. He had no clew in which direction London was and he was starting to get hungry. he had forgotten that the Dursley's had barely fed him. Drat.

"Don't worry." Hagrid simply said and then started walking, harry following him.

"We will apparate from here. You gotta hold on to me tight harry, okay?" Hagrid called through the wind and Harry nodded grabbing the mans arm tightly.

He could apparate himself but he couldn't do that as long as someone could catch him. The usual sensation of getting sucked through a tight tube suddenly overcame him and he held his breath. He was thrown out into a dark street a second later.

"This is the leaky cauldron Harry. Care to have a bite and warm up a little?" Hagrid said while shaking his messy head. Hair flying wildly.

"That would be great." Harry said meekly rubbing his cold hands against each other. He paled. They were so small. God, he was so small. So defense-less.

"Ah, Harry, this is your Professor for Defense against the Dark Arts." Hagrid suddenly said as they entered the pub. Harry paled and looked at the familiar face. Voldemort was in there. He knew that much. He forced himself to smile politely and introduced himself, not reaching out his hand. He would not, under no circumstances touch this rotten traitor.

Quirrel stuttered his greetings before hurrying off. Hagrid told him of the Vampire attack and then said nothing more as hoards of people greeted him. Harry blushed furiously and was happy when Hagrid ended the misery.

He then asked the questions he knew he had to ask. He was supposed to know nothing. And Hagrid told him of Voldemort and his attack on his parents and then concluded that he was favorite because of that. Harry tried to look startled and confused but it was hard as he knew of all that already. He could not go on like that. Soon people were bound to notice something. But what could he do? There wasn't much. He needed to talk to someone as soon as possible. But who was there?

Chapter End Notes:
Hey, here the new chapter... thanks daniegirl and sara xD
Hope you like this chappy as well....
I love reviews!