Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Getting closer to the important part of the storie....
Severus enter:...........
well, not yet... but the next one perhaps xD
Let me know what you think XD...
thanks a bunch for all the reviews!
Little Whinging

They ate fish and chips in Muggle fashion and Harry drank a butter-beer, acting surprised by its delicious taste.

He could talk to Dumbledore, but his thoughts always went back to the things he had read and heard of the man. He knew that Rita Skeeter was a rotten lier but he knew that there was truth in it as well. At least a little truth.

"Tom offered you a room to sleep in, the shops won't open for the next few hours. Why don't you take a nap while I take mine?" Hagrid said as they had finished their late night dinner, Tom had lead him off as Hagrid put down his head and fell asleep, snoring instantly.

Harry snickered and blushed at the sound. God, he was so young.

"Well, this is your room tonight. Sleep well Harry Potter," Tom said and stared at him one last time before he closed the door. Harry yawned and went forwards to the bed. He was so tired.

There weren't many people he could trust with the vulnerable knowledge he held, but he knew that he needed help, he could never do it by himself. Not if he wanted it done fast. And he wanted to free Sirius Black somehow. Somehow-

Harry's eyes dropped and he feel into a deep slumber.

Hagrid looked at the sleeping boy a little later and sighed. He was so vulnerable, so small. James and Lily's son, their hope. Their future.

"Harry, come on. Time to get up," he called and the boy sat up instantly. He needed to get the secret thing out of Gringotts' and that was best before all the shoppers arrived. Harry sat up sleepy eyes and stretched. And god, he would buy new clothes while he was here.

"Okay, I am up," he said and Hagrid beamed at him. Harry followed the man into the street and was happy to see that it was relatively empty in the shopping street Diagon Alley.

"But Hagrid? How do I pay for all this, I don't have any money," Harry said as they came closer to the wizarding bank and Hagrid explained.

Harry looked around nervously, out of habit. He always felt followed even though he knew that there was no one now. Not yet. He had not been in danger in his first year. Except for Quirrel.

They entered the bank and Hagrid advised him to stay close as they neared the goblins. Harry did as he was told, though he knew that there was no real danger. They had actually been of much help in the final war, simply because they had not taken either side.

Hagrid put down both keys and Harry acted deaf as they talked of the secret vault. He turned around and looked around. He had been here dozens of times, he knew most of the bank and could identify most Kobolds. He followed Griphook and Hagrid into the the vault department, and stepped into the caart. He looked around as Hagrid told him of the Dragon legend. He knew it wasn't a legend, it was down there. He knew it because he had flown it, not to long ago.

"Here," Griphook said and Hagrid took the lamp while he unlocked the vault. Harry walked in and inhaled in surprise. It was more than he remembered. He had taken much out, especially as he moved into his own little apartment after the war. But now, it was full again, very very full. He walked forward and took some money while dropping galleons into his pocket. Hagrid did not have to know of his clothes need.

"Good," Hagrid said as they walked from the vault, back into the cart and rushed down deep, deep. Harry frowned and turned to Hagrid, though he knew where they were heading. Hagrid blushed and tried to serve him with a quick answer. Harry nodded, as he already knew that Hagrid was working for Hogwarts right now. Dumbledore had sent him to get the stone. And Harry knew. And Harry knew that there would be a break-in in a few days. Hagrid picked up the stone and stuffed it into his chest pocket.

"Top-secret," he said and then they went back up. Harry felt foolish as they exited the bank. He had picked up more money than in all his Hogwarts years combined. But he needed a new wardrobe and he would not again embarrass himself in front of his entire school.

"Hagrid, there is a normal clothes shop here somewhere, isn't there? I am in desperate need for new clothes and Uncle Vernon wanted to send me shopping anyhow. I am sure he would be okay with it. And he'll give me the money back," Harry asked and reassured the frowning giant.

"Yeah, Wizarding Wardrobes is a pretty fancy shop for the students. Why don't you go there and shop a bit, I'll get your books in the mean-time," Hagrid offered though he hesitated. But he walked the boy there anyhow and then took of in a fast stride down the alley. If he hurried, the boy was in no danger at all. If something happened Dumbledore would for sure have his head. Harry closed the door behind himself and looked around.

"Good day, can I help you?" a young girl asked and Harry smiled at her. He knew her. It was Nymphadora Tonks. What was she jobbing here? Perhaps work other than her Auror courses?

"Yes, I would need a whole new set of clothes before I start Hogwarts, Miss," he said and took her face in. She was beautiful. His throat tightened as he remembered seeing her in the row of death, Remus right next to her.  He could still not believe, get over that they had killed her in the war. No, Harry thought and almost shook himself, don't think of that.

"Ah, no need to 'miss' me here, Harry," she said and ruffled his hair beaming at him. Harry smiled at the double meaning of her words, she had no clue. She turned around and knocked a show-stand over, blushing furiously. Harry laughed, that was the Tonks he knew.

"Oops, clumsy me," she laughed along and took him down the aisle to the boys section.

"This id the more expensive section. If you want to buy clothes that grow along with you for ten inches or so, I would advise that only if you do not change your style all too often. Nothing for me, you know?" she said and winked. Harry smiled and looked at the simple jeans and shirts. They were nice as they were simple.

"Yes, I think that's okay for me," he said and Tonks hurried over to the jeans stand, picking out pants in his size and holding them up.

"What color?" she asked sticking her head out in-between the two pants. Light blue and dark.

"Dark, I think. But a light blue one would be good too. For the weekends and so," Tonks nodded and selected the pants for him.

"You know, I have an eye for these things," she said while looking through the shirts.

"So are you more the 'I don't care' or the 'I care' type?" she asked while holding two shirts up. One was cool with a dragon down the back while the other was simple black button down.

"The 'I care' type I guess," Harry said and Tonks took both. Soon he had really fancy button down sweaters and nice shirts.

"Here, I think this is really cool," Tonks yelled and held up a leather jacket and grey shirt with a dark blue jeans. Harry nodded, caught up in her mood.

"Yeah, and how about these shoes?" she added, holding up black sneakers. They looked similar to the muggle brand Puma, so he took them.

"Here, this scarf is really cool as well," she said and put it down on the pile without waiting for his words.

"And this, really great," she added and put down a summer pants and bright green shirt. "Matches your eyes as well." She put them down.  Next she picked out flip-flops and grey khaki shorts with a white tight shirt, and then picked a black pair of sun-glasses.

"Good, now do you need undergarments as well? If yes Boxers of briefs?" she asked without shame but Harry blushed furiously.

"Both I guess," he murmured, shame-faced. She hurried over and picked numerous pairs. Harry was soon laughing about the active young lady he knew for more than four years now, though she only knew him for a few minutes.

"Good, socks?" she asked and held up black socks and white short ankle socks.

"Yeah, sure," Harry said laughing. She smiled at him and put them down on the pile, and Harry was suddenly relieved that he had taken more money than originally planned to spend.

"Good, now one pair of cool shoes. The sneakers are cool enough, but how about this, really magic,not muggle at all. If you prefer that," with that she held up a disgusting pair of leather shoes, pointy at the end.

"Ugh, no" Harry said and Tonks put them down playing relieved. "Good, then the Muggle fashion but wizards' chucks?" She held up black and white chucks and Harry nodded.

"Very good, now we only need one more thing," she said and pushed Harry in front of a mirror.  "I don't know, and I really don't want to be insulting and please tell me if I am. My mom always says I never watch my big mouth, do you want something to hide that mark of yours a little or do you like it?" she asked and Harry blushed.

"Yeah, hiding it sounds nice. I never had this much attention before," he said nodding his head towards the slowly crowding alley.

"Good, here we have some hats. This one, is a normal cap, it's pretty cool and comes in handy. It saves you from the sun and wind," she said and pushed the cap down on his head, angling it a little and Harry opened his eyes. That looked pretty cool actually.  But she ripped it off a little later and pressed an Irish cap down on his head, but pulled a face after that.

"Nah, you'd need a haircut first. but I like your hair that way." And then she put a school hat down, not pointy, more the English Muggle school fashion. Harry leaned his head in an angle. That looked cool as well.

"I like both the first and third," he said and Tonks nodded in agreement.

"Yes. Now, I personally think that we pretty much have everything. Unless you stay at Hogwarts for the Christmas break. Do you have Winter clothes?" she asked and Harry shook his head.

"Well, then we need a jumper or two." She found them quickly and held them up. Black and Dark-blue with silver. Harry smiled.

"Yes," he said and she put them down. "Good, all you have now are strengthened with magic. They will stay clean for 48 hours, then they will have to be washed, unless you keep them clean anyhow. But the body smells, so I'd advise you to wash 'em," she babbled and Harry laughed. "And, they don't tear or rip for at least two years, after that you will simply have to be careful, like you have to be with your Muggle stuff, though you do not seem to be all to careful," she said with a look at his clothes, Harry blushed.

"Ah, there it was again. My mouth. Sorry," she said smacking her own hand playfully to lighten the mood.

"Nah, that's okay. I only get the hand-me downs of my cousin. That's why I need everything new, you know?" he said and Tonks sobered up at once.

"Um, sorry. Well, best you came here then. I am the best at this. God, I am happy you came before lunch time. Michael, the one who starts at two, has no taste for fashion what so ever. He would have given you pink pants and a yellow shirt without hesitation," she said and Harry started laughing again.

"Yeah, you here by yourself? We could go have lunch together," she said and looked around the shop.

"Well, Hagrid is here with me. but I am sure he wouldn't mind," Harry said, happy to be around the cheerful girl. How he had missed his friends.

"Hagrid? Oh my god, I haven't seen him in ages," Tonks said and walked Harry over to the counter. She packed all the clothes up and then looked at him shocked.

"Oh, I think I have been a little too active today. You know, I will offer you the "I slayed who-must-not-be-named-" discount," she said and turned the prize list towards him. But Harry shrugged. His set of clothes he had bought when starting his auror trainee program had been more expensive. Way more.

"No, that's okay," Harry said and grabbed for his wallet.

"What, no you'll get the discount. You are the walking commercial, people see you and come knocking down the walls," Tonks joked and tipped something into the cash register.

"There, now its only forty three galleons and two sickels," she said and Harry smiled at her. She had gone down almost more than half.

"You won't loose your job or something though, right?" he asked while putting down.

"Nah, I'll most probably be employee of the month if I tell them that I served the Boy Who Lived," she said and then smacked her hand again.

"Me and my big mouth," she said feverishly. Harry snickered. Great, she packed up the clothes in four big bags and put them down.

"Why don't you go and finish your shopping and pick me up here at two? I will keep your bags safe in the mean time and you won't carry yourself silly," she offered and Harry nodded smiling.

Hagrid waited outside holding up ice-cream. "That took pretty long," he said and pointed at the melting ice.

"Yeah sorry, but that sales lady really was funny," he said and waved Tonks as they walked past the last window.

"Nymphadora? Yes, she is a funny one," Hagrid said and they walked towards Olivanders. My wand, I'll get it back. Harry thought relieved.

"I pretty much got everything else for you," Hagrid said as they entered the shop and Harry smiled. "Yeah, I am sorry. Took longer than expected,"  Harry said and hushed as the white heard spooky looking man came forward.

The same scene rolled past him again. But this time he was not as spooked out and waited for the man to hand him the first wand. The second wand was fruitless as well. Then he felt goose bumps raise over his arms. He had been without a wand less than twenty-four hours, but he was still spooked out. The elder wand was most probably with Dumbeldore again, he had not seen it in his vault where he had left it after the whole war scenario.

"Curious..," Oliverander began as the third wand chose him. The feeling was great but Harry was happy to hold his wand in his hand again. It was his wand.

"What is curious sir?" he asked and then Oliver pretty much repeated his story. He knew that Voldemort had the same wand and had tried to kill him as a baby. He had tried to kill him pretty much again his whole life.

"Thank you, sir," Harry said politely as they exited the office.

"Hagrid, Tonks invited me for lunch. Would you mind?" Harry said as he looked at his watch five more minutes.

"Um, I have to hurry back to Hogwarts. Dumbledore wanted me to drop you off in little Little Whinging," he said but was most uncomfortable.  Harry cracked a smile, seldomly seen on his now all of a sudden young face.

"I could take the train back. I still have Muggle money that would be no problem for my uncle. He does not mind all too much anyhow. Or I could call him to pick me up," Harry said and prayed for the man to trust him.

"You know what, I will ask Tonks to drop you off," Hagrid said and they walked to the shop together. Harry bit back a groan. He did not want to go back. He would have hid at the Leaky Cauldron or something until school started. Vernon would flip anyhow when he got back, he was sure to get the worst hiding of his life.

"Yeah, sounds good. I can ask her though, if you are in a hurry," Harry panted as Hagrid almost jogged. His strides were long enough to have him running to keep up.

"Why, that would be great, thank you Harry," Hagrid beamed and then pulled his shrunken trunk out of his pocket.

"There, she can enlarge for you as well. See you in four weeks," Hagrid said before turning on the spot and disaparating with a loud crack.

Harry looked at the empty spot for a minute and felt a bad conscience overcome him at once. Now, how would he make Tonks play her part?

Chapter End Notes:
This one was easy to write, I am afraid of Severus entering though, its always so hard to anticipate his behaviour and then slowly understanding and maybe even changing his character a weeeeeeee little bit, to do my bidding...
the next chapter should be up soon, the more reviews... the faster it comes!