Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 11: Not A Real Slytherin

Severus sent the signal to the elf Rudger who gave a hoot like an owl. The others knew that was the signal and they stormed the castle. They were immediately fired upon but the group of elves and unspeakables were well trained. Severus looked across and saw the brothers Damien and Daniel fighting back to back and nodded. He then sent his own bombarda maxima and the door to the castle blasted open. They all ran in.

It took two hours of fighting but they were able to seize the castle stronghold. Severus looked around and saw John coming towards him. "We got Friedrich but neither Morfin nor Grindelwald are here." 

"God damn it, this is the fifth time they have escaped us this year" Severus said.

"I am beginning to wonder if we have a spy in our midst" John said.

Severus nodded "that is a possibility but who?"

"As far as I am concerned Severus, it is neither you nor I. Everyone else is suspect" John said and Severus nodded.

Rudger came over and said "Cirdan has picked up traces of Elros." Severus and John followed.  The elf tracker followed his own magical tracker and they were taken to the back of the castle.

The elf stopped at the end of a hallway "my magic says we must go through this wall."

John nodded "It has runes based wards. I will remove them." John skilfully took the wards down and the wall opened up. Unfortunately behind the wall was a large three headed dog. The dog attacked and slashed at John. The man immediately went down. Severus raised his wand and a blast of music filled the air. The cerebus started to sway and Damien was able to pull John to safety.  The dog was larger than Fluffy and took a while to fall asleep. In that time they were attacked by a group of dark elves.

Severus shouted to Daniel who nodded. As soon as the cerebus fell asleep Daniel rushed in and using his sword killed the beast. Rudger and his team of three also rushed in and fought the dark elves. Severus looked down at the bleeding John. His face was slashed and bloody. Severus worked quickly and used all the skill he knew both as a Death Eater and an Unspeakable and of course as a Potions Master to help his friend. He heard Rudger tell him that they were moving on and he nodded and told Daniel and Damien to go with the high elf.

Severus healed the wounds but the scars remained and he was reminded of Remus.  After what seemed an eternity, John opened his eyes. "Did you get the number of that train?"

Severus chuckled "No but the giant three headed dog is dead."

John tried to sit up but was woozy. Severus gave him his bottle of nutrition enriched water. John drank it. After he caught himself, John looked at him "where are the others?"

"Went on to look for Elros" Severus replied.

"And you let them go on their own. Severus you are my second in command, you should have called a medic and went on with them" John said scolding.

"Yeah well next time I will just leave your sorry ungrateful arse just where it falls" Severus said sounding angry.

"Oh don't give me that tone, I should have you court martialed" John said seriously.

"Fine go ahead, I will even testify against myself" Severus said and John looked at him and started snickering. Soon the two were laughing. When Damien and Daniel returned they found the two men sitting on the ground laughing. The two brothers looked at each other and shook their heads.

Severus looked up and was about to ask them if they found anything when he saw Rudger coming in with a pale handsome elf. The elf was shaking and was in tears, Rudger's jacket was around him. Severus stood up and bowed. "You are safe your highness. I will organise for you to go to Luthien immediately."

The elf looked at him "Luthien she is alive?"

John looked at him and nodded "Yes she is and she is safe, we rescued her near to eight months ago."

The elf nodded and burst into tears again.

-------

"What do you mean you are not going home for Easter break?" Harry shouted to his younger brother.

"Come on Henri it's just two weeks what is the problem" Tommy said.

"Do you know what could happen in two weeks?  Luthien should have her baby in those two weeks" Harry said.

"I know, that is part of why I want to stay. The castle is going to be crowded, no one is going to notice us anyway" Tommy said.

Harry looked at him "Come on, what is that the real reason?"

Tommy looked at him suspiciously "What do you mean?"

"You have been avoiding me and you have put up your mind shields against me. What is going on Tommy? If dad did not have those runes on you I would say you were being mind controlled" Harry said.

"It's Tom. I told you a million times to call me Tom. Nicknames are for babies; my name is Tom. Henri what's the big deal I just don't want to go home. Stop harassing me" Tommy said and walked off.

Harry walked after him "I will keep harassing you Tom Marvolo Septimius Reiner until you tell me what is going on."

Tommy had almost reached the Slytherin common room dorm, when Harry caught up to him. Tommy screamed at him and tried to punch him. Harry moved back to avoid the punch and then moved forward and held his brother in his arms trapped. Harry held the struggling boy, who started cursing. Some of the older students looked at them and one looked like he was going to intervene but the seventh year prefect told the others to leave them.

After about five minutes Tommy went limp but was in tears. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Because I am your brother and I love you" Harry said.

Tommy said "if I tell you would you let me stay?"

Harry sighed "Tommy I am not going to make any promises but I will consider it."

Tommy nodded and they returned to Harry's room. Harry's roommates were not there. Tommy sat on the bed "Its Tom and I... I have been secretly training with Joe and Josh and some of their Gryffindor friends."

Harry nodded (ignoring the fact that his brother called his friends by nicknames) "I assume you are training for Merrythought's Defence Competition?"

Tommy nodded.

"Tommy I have no problem with you doing extra training. But what does that have to do with you not coming home?"

"It's Tom and Professor Dumbledore has organised for someone to come in to give his students extra training for the two weeks and Joe and Josh asked him if I could join too, as we all train together anyway. He said yes but not to tell anyone as it really is only for the Gryffindors" Tommy said.

"I could understand you not telling anyone else but you know you could trust me. It is not like I have a problem with Gryffindors. You know my best friend is a Gryffindor" Harry said.

"Yes but..." Tommy started but stopped.

"But what?" Harry asked.

Tommy looked at him and sighed "I know... I know how much you hate Dumbledore. You are always telling me not to listen to him and not to believe what he says. Henri he is not the evil man you keep saying he is. He is a good professor and I think you are just paranoid."

Harry took a deep breath. Dumbledore was still an evil bastard to him but he was just the opposite to Tommy. It was like Tommy could do no wrong. From the moment Tommy entered his class with a phoenix carved white and gold wand it was as if the boy was the golden child.  It became worse when Dumbledore asked him what his familiar was and Tommy said Fawkes was his and Harry's familiar.  Tommy had done the chant and Fawkes came to him and their dad had said it was a sign that Fawkes was there to guide them both. Dumbledore was Tommy's favourite teacher. If Tommy didn't stop and talk with Salazar in parseltongue on occasion the other Slytherins would have probably spray painted the boy's clothes red and gold. Tommy did not hang out with his long-time friend and now cousin Abraxas or with Regi's cousin Rene but only with Joseph and Joshua Shacklebolt both who were in Gryffindor.

Harry looked at his brother "I will talk to mum and tell her you are staying but Tommy, I am asking you to not block me out."

Tommy looked at him and put his hand out "Slytherin Phoenix Brothers."

Harry smiled and did the special handshake the two had. "Slytherin Phoenix Brothers forever."

...............

When Harry saw his dad waiting at the train station he let out an undignified scream of delight. Completely forgetting he was now a teenager and that there were girls around, Harry ran up and hugged his dad.

Severus laughed and hugged him. "You are obviously happy to be home."

"I thought you were in Germany, when did you get home?"

"We came two days ago. Where is your brother?" Severus said looking around.

Harry sighed "He decided to stay for the break. He and his friends are training for the defence competition."

Severus looked at Harry "I would have thought he would want to practice with you. You are the reigning junior champion."

"Yeah but it's some special training or the other. He just wants to stay with his friends" Harry said.

Severus frowned and made a mental note that he would have to make a visit to Hogwarts.

Harry had to explain to a few people why Tommy was not there. He was however very pleased to see that his dad had found Luthien's husband. Prince Elros sat to the side and looked stunned but was responding well to Sarah's treatment.

It was obvious that Severus was not pleased with Tommy not being there. After dinner he got up and took one of the horses out on a run.  Severus had not planned on going to Hogwarts but found himself in that direction. In a little over an hour he was trotting up to the Hogwarts gate. He went in. Professor Dippet was pleasantly amused to see him as was Professor Flitwick.

"It is not often we have parents come on horseback" Flitwick said in amusement.

"Well my castle is only fifteen miles away" Severus said.

"Fifteen miles is still a good run, so what can we do for you Severus?" Dippet said.

"I wanted to visit my son. I was a little surprised he did not come home for the vacation. His mother and I expected him home" Severus said.

Dippet frowned "I was not aware that your son stayed, if my memory serves me the only Slytherins to remain are the NEWT students. Let's go and find Horace, he will know for sure."

They went down to the dungeons where Slughorn was enjoying a bottle of elven wine with Albus Dumbledore and Galatea Merrythought.

"Ahhh Filius, Armando I thought you were not coming.  Well well if it isn't Potions Master Severus Reiner come in man I have more than enough to share" Horace Slughorn said happily.

Severus put up his hand "No thank you. I am here to see my son Tom."

Horace looked at him confused. "Tom is not here, he left to go home, none of my lower school students are here."

Severus immediately went into a panic "He told his brother he was staying to practice with his friends for the Defence Competition."

Horace looked concerned "I am sorry Severus but he is not here".

"Maybe we should check his friends" Filius said.

Severus nodded and said "Joseph and Joshua Shacklebolt from Gryffindor."

"Joseph and Joshua left. They had originally indicated that they were staying but informed me last night that they were going home" Albus said.

Severus looked at Albus and wanted to kill him. Albus had that same twinkling look in his eyes that he had when he was scheming. Severus glared at him and said "If I found out you did anything to my son, I will make you disappear and no one not even in a thousand years will find you."

Albus looked like he was going to say something but smiled as Horace, Filius and Armando started defending him.

"Albus is Tom's favourite teacher."

"Albus is a man of sterling character."

"He cannot be held responsible for your son's delinquency."

Severus looked at Dippet and said "I will be back shortly." Without waiting for a response Severus took out an unspeakable emergency portkey and disappeared.

Less than twenty minutes later Severus and Fisher came back. Dippet was about to protest but Fisher handed him a warrant. Severus took out his Hogwarts map and activated it. Dippet and the professors looked at it with interest.

Severus cursed when he saw Tommy was not on the map. He asked Dippet if there was any one who checked the students getting on the train. Dippet said the prefects.  The seventh year Slytherin prefect said that he did not see Tommy but that the boy usually hung out with the Gryffindors so he might have been with them.

Severus looked at the prefect and then at Albus. Severus knew Albus was behind this. He then looked at the Headmaster and said "I want to speak to Mrs. Potin."

Dippet looked at him confused "Excuse me who?"

"The Fat Lady. The portrait that guards the Gryffindor Dorms" Severus said.

Dippet nodded and started towards Gryffindor Tower. Severus shook his head and went to a short cut. The Headmaster looked at him shocked but followed. In half the time it would have taken them to use the conventional method they were by the portrait.

Severus spoke to the woman who confirmed that Tom Reiner had come to Gryffindor Tower but left with a group of seventh year student who left about twenty minutes after the train left.

"Do you know where they went?" Horace asked sounding concerned.

"I am sorry no" The woman said.

Fisher looked at Severus and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Why don't you have the phoenix look for him?" Albus asked sounding as if he was helping.

Severus glared at him and it was Horace who answered and informed them that Fawkes had a burning two days before and was a chick.  Severus had found it suspicious that Fawkes was a chick and now knew why.

Severus continued to glare at Albus and said "I know who will be able to tell us."

Armando looked at Severus and said "I hope you are not going to suggest Albus again."

"No. Ogden" Severus said and the Head of the Hogwarts House-elves came in. The house-elf had served Hogwarts for near to five hundred years and Severus knew him well. Severus looked at Ogden and asked. "Can you tell me where Tom Reiner went to after he left the Gryffindor Dorms and who he left with."

"I am sorry but I cannot tell you that information without authorisation from..." Ogden started.

Severus looked at him and said in elvish "Authorization Druid Tree Crystal Heart One Nine Nine Seven."  It was a code used by Headmasters as an overriding authorization code; the 1997 was the year Severus became Headmaster. Dippet could not speak elvish so he did not understand. Ogden however accepted it as the magic felt right.

Ogden looked at him and said "Tom Marvolo Reiner left with Alexander Graham, Phillip Halter, Devon McAllister, Alastor Moody and Herbert Weasley. After leaving Gryffindor Tower they went to the Head of Gryffindor's Office and left via portkey to a house in the Hebrides Islands."

Armando looked at Dumbledore in anger as did Filius and Horace.

Severus however looked at Ogden and said "Is there anything else you can tell us?"

"The children will be all training as part of a secret organisation called the Order of Warriors. They will be training for the two weeks with special instructors" Ogden told them.

"Can you go to that house?" John asked.

"No the island is under a fidelius charm and I do not know who the secret keeper is" Ogden said.

Severus looked at Albus and said "Who is the secret keeper?"

"I don't know but the organisers for the weekend are Harold Potter and Tiberius Prince" Albus said.

Armando looked at Severus and said "I am very sorry."

Severus glared at him and said "I want Albus Dumbledore fired. My son is underage and I did not give permission for him to leave."

Albus looked at him annoyed and then said "I did not know that Tom went with them. All of the others are legal adults and went willingly and with parental permission. Tom was not with them when I gave Alastor the portkey."

Armando shook his head "Monsieur Reiner this is not Dumbledore's fault. While your son associates mostly with Gryffindors he is not under Dumbledore's charge. I do not blame Slughorn either; your son seems to have invited himself to..."

Severus growled and walked off. Fisher glared at Dumbledore and said "this is your second warning; there will not be a third."

.............

Tommy was never so excited, he was going to be trained to become a proper warrior. He was surprised when the seventh year Gryffindor prefect Alexander Graham and the school's top NEWT level defence student Alastor Moody came and spoke with him. They had been watching Tommy spar with Joe and Josh. They told Tommy that they subtly tested him and had said that he had a lot of potential.

"We will help you train for your destiny" Graham said.

"You may have been forced to be sorted in Slytherin but we will make a proper warrior out of you" Alastor said.

Tommy wanted to say he wasn't forced but left it.  When the others left and Alastor came with the portkey he felt a rush of excitement. He loved training with his family but these seventh years were the best in the school. 

The island was amazing and Tommy had to bunk with other students. He was only sorry that none of his friends were there but he was special. He knew if his brother was friendlier to the older Gryffindors he would have been invited as well.  The first night the older boys talked about adventures they had at school and Tommy listened in amazement, they were so cool.

The next morning they had their first lesson. Tommy was told to sit at one side and observe. He was soon bored.  A lot of what the instructor was doing with the boys were basic routine things that Tommy and Harry had done with their dad since they were four and five.  After the older boys were over the instructor called him across and told him follow his movements. Tommy looked at him, the man went into a basic fighting stance. Tommy told him that he already knew the basics. The man told him to show him. Tommy started with a snake fighting kata his Grandpa had taught them last summer. The instructor shook his head and told Tommy that he needed to forget the nonsense he had learnt and to listen to his instructions. Tommy spent the rest of the day learning straight line basic punching and blocks.

That night they were told about the war efforts in Germany and the secret work the Order was doing.  Tommy was really excited this is really what he wanted to do. He wanted to fight in the war like his dad and do his part. Tommy listened to the stories but then a lot of it sounded familiar; saving an elf princess, storming castles... a lot of it sounded like the things he heard his dad and Uncle John talking about. And the elf princess Luthien was at their home. He thought a lot about his family. He briefly thought about dropping his mind shields and talking to Harry, he missed his brother.

The next few days Tommy was bored and frustrated, the instructors kept insulting him for using techniques they did not teach him and forbade him to use. What they taught him was baby stuff and nothing like what he expected. Then on the fifth day things came to a head. The main instructor, a man named Aldo, brought a snake and told them that it was a symbol of their enemy.

The snake was a boa.  While it looked long, it really was a baby and the snake was frightened.  Aldo had the older boys send hexes at the snake and shout out chants of "Gryffindor Warriors" and "Down with the snakes."

Tommy saw red, he ran forward and deflected a hex that Alastor sent at the snake. "No this is wrong, this is not a symbol.  This is a living breathing animal that is screaming in pain."

"What you sympathetic with the snake?" One of the trainees said.

Tommy nodded "Yes I am. You are torturing a living being for no other reason than to make yourself feel better. What you are doing is wrong."

Phillip Halter said "Tommy you know that the snake is our enemy, they are evil..."

Tommy shook his head. "You seem to forget I am a Slytherin, I am a snake."

Devon McAllister looked at Tommy. "You are not really a Slytherin, you have a phoenix wand and a phoenix familiar, which proves that you are not really a snake. We all know your family forced you. Tommy we can help you leave that life, we are trying to teach you to be good."

"And torturing a baby snake is proof that I am good... You are sick. Listen I don't know what gave you all the idea that my family forced me into Slytherin. I am a Slytherin by blood and magic, I am also a Slytherin by choice" Tommy said.

"Tommy come on little dude, you are not a real Slytherin."

"Not a real Slytherin? I am the heir of the Slytherin line" Tommy said proudly.

Aldo growled and looked at the older Gryffindors. "You brought a Slytherin spy into our midst. The heir of Slytherin.... A blood relative of Todeskrieger."  He then commanded the Gryffindor boys back to their dorms and he gestured to a few of the trainees who were older and not Hogwarts students to come to him.

Tommy looked on as Alexander, Phillip, Devon and Herbert, the boys he looked up to, all turned their backs and walked away. Only Alastor remained. Alastor looked at Aldo. "Aldo the boy is not a spy and he is not the enemy. If you don't want him here just send him away, send him back to Hogwarts."

"And for him to tell of our secret location, I do not think so" Aldo said. "Alastor if you even want to be considered for the Auror programme, walk away."

Alastor shook his head. "No I will not let you harm him, he is only eleven."  Alastor pulled out his wand. There was a red beam and Alastor jumped in front of Tommy and put up a shield. Tommy opened his mind link to Harry and screamed for help.

----------

Half an hour later a group of unspeakables along with Harold Potter, Edgar Bones and Tiberius Prince landed on the island.

A group of Senior Aurors came up to them. They heard the head Unspeakable Fisher say to search the island.  Most of the unspeakables moved out ignoring the Aurors who were asking what they were looking for.

Harold looked at them "We came looking for Tom Reiner, we were told he is here, he is not authorised to be here."

Aldo looked at them and with a smirk said "there is no one by that name here."

Fisher looked at Aldo and he and Aconite circled the unspeakable. Aldo snorted "If you think you intimidation techniques will work on me, then you have another thing coming."

Aconite moved near him and whispered "You have no idea what I am capable of... where is the boy?"

"He is not here..." Aldo started but felt a cold icy feeling shiver down his spine, it was followed by a feeling of absolute dread. He tried to move but found he couldn't.

"We will not ask again, where is the boy?" Fisher whispered. Aldo felt the pores in his arm raise and an electrical surge of magic moved lightly over his skin; it just had the slight touch of pain, like tiny pin prinks.

"I don't know" Aldo said.

At that moment a group of unspeakables came in, one had a backpack Aconite recognised. Kid said "Tommy's things are here, he is not on the island though... Boss one of the Hogwarts kids, Alastor Moody he is in the infirmary, one of his eyes was gouged out.  It is still bleeding, couldn't have happen more than fifteen minutes ago."

Harold shook his head and Edgar said something in a strange language and Kid answered. The three ran out.

Fisher moved his hand and Aldo screams echoed throughout the island. Aconite looked at the screaming Auror and growled "Alastor Moody is the son of a senior Auror, is that what you do to your own? What did you do to Tom?"

"The boy is evil, he is a serpent speaker" Aldo said.

"Wrong answer" Aconite screamed and used a cruciatus on the man. At this time, the cruciatus was an obscure charm, it was only declared an unforgivable sometime in the early 1940's a fact Aconite took full advantage of.

Fisher whistled and Aconite looked at him angrily but let up the curse. Fisher moved to the still screaming Auror trainer and said "We received secure transition from Tom indicating that you Auror Aldo was attacking him... you and several other older trainees, all of whose names we have. We know he was on the island at least up to half an hour ago. His last transition had him with you... now for the last time or you will not see the sun set and yes I do have that authority, now where is Tom Reiner?"

"Auror Kendal took him to his family" Aldo said.

Aconite shook his head "He is not home, his mother would have contacted us immediately."

Aldo shook his head "The boy has no mother, he is an orphan... Kendal said he knew the boy's uncle."

Aconite screamed and shouted "You kidnapped my son and sent him to Todeskrieger. I will..." The angry former Death Eater raised his wand "Avada..." Severus did not get to finish as Tiberius jumped in front of the Auror.

"Please... please do not stain your soul for him. I will ensure Edgar charges them appropriately" Tiberius said.

Aconite looked at Tiberius and lowered his wand and walked off, the others gasped as they saw him raise his arms and flew off without a broom.

Fisher looked up as the blacked robed man flew off like a human dementor. Fisher looked at Tiberius and said "He needs to release some of his magic..." Tiberius nodded. Fisher then looked at Aldo and said "We have guarded and protected that child for near to ten years and because of your stupid ignorance and hatred against something you don't understand; you have put the whole world at risk. Pray Edgar gives you the kiss because you would not like it if we get our hands on you."

.................

Tommy's head hurt and there was a constant pounding, his body pained and he felt the pain down to his bones. He heard Harry calling him.

‘Harry'

‘Tommy you are up, did Dad and Uncle John find you? They should be on the island by now.'

Tommy opened his eyes and looked around. ‘Don't think I am on the island... they used some arrest spell and I don't know, it looks like I am in some jail.'

‘Okay just tell me what you see and I will tell mum who will get dad.'

Tommy thought of his dad, he thought about everything... ‘Dad is going to kill me.'

‘He will have to rescue you first.'

Tommy groaned.

‘Okay time to focus, remember what mum taught us.'

Tommy thought back to sessions with Sarah. He looked around and told Harry what he saw; he was in a cell and he saw no one else around. Harry then told him to check his own vitals; Tommy told him about the headache and the pain. Harry told him to check for his wand; Tommy did not have it. With Harry's help Tommy used mind magic to heal himself of his headache and using parselmagic techniques fortified his body and magic. Tommy then stood and checked to see if he could walk and move around, he checked the bars and again with Harry's help they tried wandless magic to try and open the door, it did not work but an alarm went off. Tommy moved to the furthermost region of the cell.

A group of four Aurors came in, including Kendal. Tommy frowned. Kendal looked at Tommy and told him he was at a Ministry of Magic house and his parents were on their way.

Tommy immediately knew that he was lying. Harry agreed. There was then a loud explosion and a second group of men came in, they fought the Aurors who were quickly incapacitated. Then a man came in the room, he was richly dressed in green and silver armour, he was bald and had tattoos on his face so it looked like he had scales like a snake and he had a face that Tommy knew.

"[You are Morfin]" Tommy said in parseltongue. The man looked like Grandpa Marvolo but younger.

"[Smart boy, yes I am your uncle. I am here to rescue you child]" Morfin replied.

Tommy was mentally relating what was going on and he sent the message to Harry that he knew Morfin was lying.  Tommy asked him what to do. 

Harry looked around and told Marvolo and Sarah who were sitting with him what was happening. Marvolo thought about it and said "Tell Tommy to go with him; if he stays in that room or if Morfin knocks him out, we will never find him. Tell Tommy as soon as he is outside to give us clues to where they are."

Tommy got the message and went with his uncle.

Ten minutes later, the group of Unspeakables and a few trusted Aurors led by Harold Potter were in the room with the cell. Harold had his men arrest the group of Aurors who had brought Tommy there. Fisher questioned Kendal but before they got an answer. Aconite got a mirror message from Sarah.

Aconite looked at Fisher "They are at Gringotts."  Harold took the arrested men in and the Unspeakables went to Gringotts.

...........

Morfin and the other man who was with him got angry when Tommy could not open the vaults. The snake on the door hissed and Morfin got even angrier.

"The guardian snake says Marvolo put extra wards. The boy's adopted father needs to be here when the vault is open" Morfin told the other man.

The man cursed in what Tommy knew was German.  He then said "I have waited too long, I want my wand now."

Morfin looked at him and said something Tommy did not understand. The other man slapped Morfin and shouted something else. Morfin cursed very colourfully in parseltongue.

The other man said "Let's get out of here. We will go to plan B."

Morfin looked a bit frightful but then annoyed. Morfin grabbed Tommy and they started moving out. They reached the surface and came out of the secret passageway, the goblin loyal to them leading the way. There was a flash of light and Morfin and Gellert Grindelwald saw themselves surrounded by Unspeakables and goblin guards. The goblins were led by Magnus.

Morfin grabbed Tommy and held a knife to the boy's throat "I will kill him."

Fisher shook his head "The only Slytherin alive powerful enough to open the vaults, I don't think so."

Aconite looked at Tommy and then at the blond and said "You are a slippery little cobra aren't you, always slithering out of our grip." Severus saw Tommy give a discrete nod and continued talking. Tommy understood the code.

Morfin started spouting on the supremacy of purebloods and the noble Salazar. Then in the middle of his speech, Tommy bit him on the arm and as Morfin loosened his grip the boy used a parselmagic technique his grandfather taught him and slipped out of his uncle's arms and went down to the ground. Immediately the unspeakables fired. Tommy used his parselmagic combined with skills Sarah taught him and moved quickly to the wall and almost disappeared in the shadows of the wall.

The battle lasted only a few seconds but then came to an abrupt end when Morfin and Grindelwald portkeyed out. Magnus was furious and screamed that the bank had wards which prevented portkeys. The goblin captain of the guards immediately went to the cursebreakers. Fisher indicated that the only goblin he trusted was Magnus everyone was suspect.

Aconite went to his son who came running up to him, he held him tightly and Fisher nodded to them. Severus then handed Tommy his wand, they had found it with the Auror Kendal. Aconite then took Tommy home.

Tommy was immediately surrounded by many people, first and foremost was Sarah who did a medical scan and healed all his cuts and bruises. Thomas Riddle also checked his biological son. Tommy noticed the man had large bags under his eyes and a few more grey hairs than the last time he saw him which was during the Christmas vacation. Tommy looked at Harry who had a really angry and yet disappointed look on his face. Harry looked at him "I am glad you are safe." Tommy nodded and tears fell as Harry walked off.

‘Harry' Tommy called out in their mind link.

Harry did not turn around but moved towards his room. ‘I love you my brother but right now I cannot be in your presence.'

Tommy called his brother again but felt Harry's mental blocks go up. Tommy shed a tear, he had felt his brother's love for him but he also felt the deep hurt and feeling of betrayal and distrust.

Marvolo came in and looked at Tommy "You okay?" Tommy nodded and then yelped as his grandfather grabbed him and started landing very hard smacks on his backside.  The angry Grandfather then started hissing angrily while he continued to punish his grandson and heir.

Severus looked at Marvolo and nodded, he knew he would have to talk with his son as well but knew he could not do so now. He looked at Sarah "I am going back to Gringotts, John is there. We will be going to have to interrogate the Aurors and possibly cursebreakers who were helping Morfin and Grindelwald. I suspect they are still in the country."

Sarah nodded and said "I will keep an eye on everything here. Tommy is safe now, go on."  Severus gave her a deep kiss and left.

A few hours later Tommy laid on his bed he was still crying as he realised how much heartache he had caused everyone. When he heard that the entire unspeakable corps had been searching for him for the past few days, he felt badly. His grandfather was angry at his wilful disobedience and his rejection of all the teaching and values that had been instilled in him over the years. Thomas had also scolded him and told him if he did not know how scared they had been. Sarah held him and told him she was happy he was home but she too was disappointed in the choice he made; she however asked him about what happened over the week and about his feelings. Harry still hadn't spoken to him and his father had left. Tommy knew his dad never punished them when he was angry and therefore needed time to cool down.

Tommy cried again and felt a familiar magic, he turned around and saw his brother next to his bed; he hadn't even heard the door open.

"You lied to me" Harry said. Tommy did not answer. "Am I such a terrible brother than you had to follow Graham and Weasley?" Again Tommy did not say anything. "You pushed me out and pushed me away, you sided with the enemy... not Gryffindors but the select group of students, I warned you about. Regi warned you about them, Minerva warned you about them, even Damien and Daniel warned you about them. You did not trust us, you listened to them. You have a mind link to me, you know my thoughts, you know my feelings, we are closer than most brothers ever get... we are the Slytherin Phoenix Brothers and yet you abandoned me, you blocked me out and you went to them, you believed them and not me. In my mind, you obviously do not trust me. I love you and I would die for you but I don't know if..." Harry did not get to finish as the house-elf Ella popped in.

Ella looked at the brothers "Princess Luthien's baby is on its way... Mistress Sarah said to inform you Master Harry."

Harry nodded, he had indicated that he wanted to learn more about Healing and Medicine, so Sarah told him he could help as her assistant when Luthien went into labour. Harry stood up and looked at his brother "You may come if you wish, I am sure Grandpa Marvolo and Prince Elros would not mind your company."

Tommy shook his head "I am grounded." Harry nodded and left the room. Tommy once more started to cry and fell asleep with the tears still running down his face. He did not see the shoe at the side of his bed glow, he did not see the hidden tracking device activate, he did not see his uncle Morfin appear into his room.

Morfin grinned "Plan B, follow the brat home and kill everyone in the house, including my blasted father. Once he is dead, I become Head of the family and can overpower his orders. The ring will come to me and so will the brat." Morfin moved out of the room and looked for an area where he could summon his generals.