Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 12: Battle of the Snakes

Aconite and Fisher interrogated the Auror Kendal. Kendal at first indicated that he was innocent. He claimed that the dark wizards attacked and overpowered them. Aconite finally got angry and used legilimency on the man. Kendal was not only a loyal follower of Grindelwald but he had been the one to recruit other Aurors to his side. Kendal was one of the few who knew about the real relationship between Grindelwald and Todeskrieger. All of the other Aurors including Aldo thought Grindelwald was leading the fight against the Slytherin Dark Lord.  Severus saw no link between Kendal and Dumbledore.

Severus and John were discussing what had happened that day in John's office when Severus felt one of his personal alarms go off. Severus looked at John in horror "Someone is attacking Willow Castle."

The entire Unspeakable corps and Auror corps were outside Willow Castle in minutes. The castle had new wards which blocked them out including Severus. Severus screamed. The goblin Magnus came in and told them that the security wards Gringotts held for Severus and Harry had gone off. Magnus said that they had found two of the human cursebreakers who had helped Grindelwald. He told them that one of the cursebreakers, indicated a third Parkinson the banks most senior human employee had been teaching Morfin how to create rune wards. Magnus said that Parkinson was missing.

"Is Morfin smart enough to do runes? If Parkinson is with him why have the man learn it?" Aconite asked more to himself.

"He just needs to know what to copy" Fisher said and feeling the new wards on the castle he turned to Aconite and said "Parselmagic... Parkinson may have been doing the runes and had Morfin copy it in parslescript. These wards feel like the ones on the serpentarium. Morfin put up new wards using parselscript runes."

Aconite looked at him "So you cannot break it?"

Fisher shook his head "Not without a parselmouth."

Aconite looked at the castle and despaired, all of the parselmouths in the world were most likely inside the castle.

............

Sarah used her wand to monitor the progress of the baby "I suspect in less than half an hour, she will be in your arms."

Luthien nodded but said nothing, she was tired and had bouts of dizziness and had blacked out twice.

Thomas was also monitoring her and was currently wiping her forehead; he was obviously very concerned about her. Harry looked on and did everything Thomas or Sarah asked him to do. The house-elf Ella who was a certified house-elf healer was also there and kept using elf charms on the high elf Princess. Ella's mother Misty was also there and kept running back and forth bringing towels and potions.

Sarah looked at Luthien and said "okay you will be getting another contraction any second now..."

As the elf princess screamed there was a loud alarm.

Marvolo came into the room "there are intruders in the castle. You all stay in here. I will call Severus and then get the elf warriors to hunt them down. Maybe you should ward the room."

Luthien looked at Marvolo and said "Elros." 

Marvolo nodded, the elf prince did not want to be in the room. They all knew that the child Luthien was carrying was most likely not his. Over the last few days he had come to see her only three time.  Sarah said he was feeling guilty as he was not able to protect his wife from what she had experienced. He had a hard time dealing with it, he however said he did not blame her for what happened and still called her wife.

Marvolo went out the room and looked at elves. Rudger and his team were always close by Elros and took turns guarding the Prince. Rudger himself had been waiting with Elros, Marvolo and Fenrir (who was very excited about the baby) when the alarm had gone off. Marvolo had immediately told them what the alarm had been.  All of the other elf warriors were now standing by Elros. Their rooms were all in this area of the castle. They all had their weapons drawn.

Marvolo looked at the four elves (the fifth Cirdan had gone back to the Black Forest to Elendur to report they had found Elros and that he still called Luthien his wife). Marvolo took command and said "I need your aid until Severus comes. Battle Maiden Nimloth I will ask you to take Elros and go into the birthing room and guard all those in the room. Rudger you and the others I will ask you to help me hunt the intruders. I need also to..."

Severus' house elf Nip came in with a pop. Nip informed him "It is your son Morfin, he and ten others have entered. He has cast his own snake wards and I cannot get out or get through on the emergency mirror. I have sent my sons Cal and Jar to get to Master Tom. I gave them instructions to take him to the emergency room.  The other house-elves have all started emergency procedures."

Marvolo nodded he looked at Fenrir, he could not put him in the birthing room, his werewolf side would be attracted to the blood and the smell of the newborn.  He looked at Nip and said "I will take Fenrir to the emergency room. I need you to monitor the intruders and tell Rudger where they are."

Rudger looked at Marvolo and said "I would prefer one more than Nimloth go to protect the Prince and Princess."

Marvolo shook his head. "Sarah may look fragile but she is a trained unspeakable and Harry is exceedingly powerful and a better warrior that some in your party."

Rudger nodded and looked at Nimloth who gestured to the frightened Prince. Elros looked like he would have preferred to face the intruders than to go into the room where his wife was giving birth.

Marvolo looked at the prince and said "Your wife needs you now. It does not matter what has happened in the past. She needs you now more than ever, if we fail, you need to protect her and her baby."

Elros nodded and left with Nimloth.  Nip then told the high elf warriors where the intruders were. Marvolo said he was going to take Fenrir to the emergency room and get some of the castle guards to protect the castle.  Everyone ran to do what they needed to do.

Marvolo held Fenrir by his arm and started running down a corridor. Fenrir looked both scared and excited. The teenaged werewolf said "I could fight I am really strong and trained."

"I know you are trained, I am one of those who train you. Little one, this is going to be a kill or be killed fight. I do not want you to experience the pains of killing another human. Only if your life is in danger should you kill. Right now it is safest if you hide."

"I am a Slytherin, we are not the brave warriors that Gryffindors are but we are not chickens" Fenrir said with a pout.

"Little boy do not tell me about being Slytherin, do I have to remind you who I am" the head of the Slytherin family asked. Fenrir shook his head feeling really stupid. "Sometimes you have to know when something is more than you could handle and when you need to hide to live for another day."

Fenrir nodded and looked at where they were and realised where the emergency room was. They were heading towards the serpentarium. Fenrir immediately thought it was a good thing that Marcus was spending the vacation with his father and brothers in Little Hangleton.  For a minute Fenrir wondered if they were going into the serpentarium itself but Marvolo went to the iron doors with the intertwining snakes. Marvolo hissed and the door opened. Marvolo told him to go in and that there was a level area about a mile down and that he was to stay there until he came for him.  Fenrir immediately obeyed.

Marvolo stood for a minute and then opened the serpentarium, he hissed and opened the inner door. The snakes all came to him, he explained what was going on and what he wanted. The large boa Karina came out and went to near the entrance of the empty Basilisk room. A few of the mambas, asps, cobras and the lone magical snake the merlin's mamba came out and hissed and went to protect the castle.  He did not worry about the snakes attacking any friend as Marvolo would cast a parselmagic spell of identification on everyone who was welcome and the snakes knew what to look for. Marvolo told the others to remain where they were and to protect this room. He had warned all of the snakes that one of the intruders was his son; all of the snakes knew of Morfin.

Marvolo stood pacing for a few minutes, the elves Cal and Jar should have come with Tommy already. All three knew the secret passageways and the two elves should have been able to elf travel with Tommy. Something was wrong. He turned to Karina and said "[I have another mission for you.]"

......

Tommy was scared; he was magically bound and gagged and was on the shoulder of a really large German half-giant. He had glimpsed Cal and Jar and knew they were going to try and rescue him. He was scared for them as the intruders had already killed four of the family's elves. He knew his uncle was leading the group. The man was talking loudly about the castle being Slytherin Castle and that it was soon going to be his.  Tommy knew this was all his fault, Morfin had told him that they found the castle through carefully hidden tracking charms in his shoe.  Morfin laughed and told him that he was going to keep him as his heir as he was proving to be a worthy helper.

Tommy closed his eyes and called his brother. Harry immediately responded.

Less than five minutes later Morfin and his group were attacked by the high elves. Rudger's arrow shot the runes master Parkinson right between the eyes. The man had been working on neutralising some of the wards John had put on the castle. After Parkinson slumped to the ground all of the intruders were put on guard and started attacking. Morfin shouted orders and the man holding Tommy ran to the side and back down the corridor.

Tommy felt like a sack of potatoes.

The man suddenly stopped and screamed out. Tommy could not see what was going on, all he could see from his position over the man's shoulder was the man's back and butt. He did however hear the hissing. He smirked, Grandpa had obviously released Karina and she was very angry and very protective of her little hatchlings as she called him and Harry. Tom then heard Harry in his mind calling him.

The German Hans who held Tommy saw the massive boa constrictor in front of him, it was glaring at him. He took out his wand and intended on killing the massive snake when a stunner was sent at him. He had to put up a shield. He saw a young boy no more than thirteen standing in front of him next to the snake. He was obviously the one who was on his shoulder brother. The boy sent another spell and the man smirked however he was shocked to feel his shield crack. The boy was powerful. He however was one of Germany's most skilled defence masters and while the boy was exceedingly powerful he was still a boy.

Hans moved Tommy and put him to sit on the ground next to him. He called out in German and heard Karl respond. Tommy was bound with a spell and could not move but saw the second German coming towards him. There was a flash of black and Tommy smiled as two mambas struck out and attacked the man Karl.  Karl did not expect them and on instinct killed one but the second had already struck a second time and then a third and a fourth time. Karl was soon dead. Hans cast another shield but seeing what happened to Karl, sent the spell to kill the second mamba.

In the spilt second that Hans took to turn to kill the mamba, Karina rose up and struck. The heavy snake was faster that Hans believed and while the snake did not penetrate his shields the impact of the snake attack was enough to make the man stumble.  He was shocked nothing had ever made him lose his balance, he was a half-giant but he had never fought a boa before. He quickly recovered and started sending killing curses. Tommy watched as both Karina and Harry moved together. Using serpentine movements they were able to dodge the attacks. Harry twisted and turned and sent spell after spell against the man.

Hans was taken aback, the boy was flexible and difficult to hit. He also had the large snake to worry about.

Tommy gasped as he felt someone touch him, out of the corner of his eye he saw Cal reaching to him. Hans saw the elf and sent an attack but Jar put up a block which protected his brother and Tommy. Tommy continued to look at his brother. Harry had a serious look; he was concentrating on his battle and did not take his eyes off of Hans but seemed to know what Karina was doing as well. Tommy saw Harry use his magic and saw the parselmagic their Grandpa had taught them. Tommy saw Harry using fighting techniques that their dad had taught them and then a lightning fast battle rune that Uncle John had taught them. The rune shattered Hans shield and the fight started anew.

Tommy looked at his brother and Karina battle the man and it was impressive. Hans was obviously very good but Harry was obviously determined. Harry lacked the man's physical size and experience however Harry had Karina who was physically strong and together they worked well together.

It was only a matter of time but Hans made a slip and Harry and Karina picked up on it immediately. Harry and the boa struck at the same time. Harry disarmed the man and Karina knocked him down. Karina immediately started wrapping herself around the man. Tommy saw the knife but could not warn Harry or Karina. Hans pulled his knife and stabbed the snake. Blood spurted from Karina but the boa was very determined, she continued to coil around him, the knife now slicing her side but she continued. Harry told her thanks and that he loved her, she hissed for him to go. Harry nodded and picked up his brother. Cal and Jar immediately took them by elf travel to the room with the snake pillars.

Harry had trouble holding Tommy because of the angle the boy was at and because he was heavy. Harry did not want to do magic as he knew that any magic could be traced and he did not want the others to know where they were.

They were half-way down the stairway when the spell binding Tommy was released. They both knew that Hans was finally dead. Jar handed Tommy his wand which had been under his pillow and he wasn't given time to grab it before he was stunned.

Tommy held his wand in his hand and ran down the stairs with Harry.  The cobra that stood at the bottom of the stairway told them to hurry and get into the emergency room. Tommy stopped and said "Harry we could go and help, together we could fight them."

Harry looked at Tommy sternly. "Right now we need to go to the emergency room. We need to trust that Grandpa will do what is right. Now Tom do I have to bind you to get you to do what we are expected to do or are you going defy the family and disobey again."

Tommy looked at his brother and shook his head "No Harry, I will go to the room."

Harry nodded and holding his brother's hand led the way to the intertwining door. Harry called to the door and used the emergency code that both boys knew. The door opened and they ran through. As soon as they both entered Cal gave his brother a nod and he left. Jar went in with Harry and Tommy. Harry hissed the command and the door slammed closed. Cal left and went to inform Marvolo that the boys were all in the emergency room.

.......

Severus stood outside of his own castle and could not get in. He had tried entering through the floo from his manor in Manchester but the floo was blocked.

"Can't you override the wards, if it is your castle shouldn't you be able to override the wards" Harold asked.

Severus shook his head "It is not my castle. It belongs to Harry."

Harold looked at him in shock. Severus explained "When we first moved here we were looking at houses and Harry fell in love with Willow Castle. I thought it was ridiculous as it was really just a pile of rock. I bought the manor in Manchester. However Harry longed for the castle, he kept harassing me to buy it. I told him that it was not a real Castle anymore and just rock. He showed me drawings he made of what the completed castle would look like. I told him it would take too long, it would be expensive, all sorts of excuses and he found answers for all. He has his own money and his own heritage and begged me and said he would buy it with his own money.  I still refused. He then informed Magnus to use the money from his heritage fund and purchase the castle. I am in charge of his fund and Magnus contacted me when he requested it. I allowed it because, I knew he would never stop. Because he is not of age the castle is in my name but by magic it belongs to him.  I decided to help him build his castle. While I coordinated everything, the ideas, the love, even the money for the castle comes from Harry. It was only years later we discovered the parselmagic wards on the place."

"Being a parselmouth he was attracted to it" Harold said in understanding.

Severus nodded "like a moth to a flame."

Harold chuckled, then bit his lip a habit that Harry also had. It was a sign he wanted to ask a question but was afraid to. Harold took a breath "You do not talk about your first wife, Harry's mother. What was she like?" Harold stopped and then said "Harry is obviously a Potter, well obvious to me at least, he looks a lot like I did as a child except the eyes and the lightning bolt scar on his head of course and my magic pulses around him. As Lord Potter magic allows me to identify those who fall in my protection.  I know he is your son and you are not related to me, so obviously his mother was of the line."

Severus did not answer.

Harold became nervous by the man's silence. He then quickly said "I mean she must have also been related to Slytherin as the only way you could become a parselmouth is by being born into the family."

Severus shook his head and was about to say something when he stopped. Harold saw the wheels in the man's head turning. Fisher looked at him and then Severus looked at him. "I know who could help us."

Fisher looked at Severus and said "The person has to be a parselmouth and all the parslemouths alive are inside the castle."

Severus nodded and then said "I know, I never said it was a person." Both Fisher and Harold looked at him as if he was crazy.

A few minutes later they were no longer confused. Both Fisher and Harold accompanied Severus and after first sending Ogden to wake and collect the Headmaster, they made their way to the Slytherin dorm rooms. Severus went immediately to the portrait of Salazar Slytherin.

Salazar looked at Severus and smiled. "I was wondering if I would ever get to meet you Headmaster Reiner. Though if what I know is true and it is because there are certain magics you cannot fool, Reiner is most likely not your name isn't it.  You look like a Prince so my guess would be Headmaster Prince."

"My mother was the Prince but regardless Reiner is my name now" Severus said, he was really happy that he had sent Harold to get Slughorn.

"I am sure your story is a fascinating one but what I really want to know is how?" Salazar said scanning Severus as if taking in every detail about the man. Fisher smiled as he saw Severus fold his arms and put on what he termed his Professor demeanour. It really was an intimidating look.

The doorway opened and Dippet came in with Slughorn and to Severus horror Dumbledore.  Severus turned to Salazar and said "now is neither the time nor is it the right place." Salazar looked at Severus and then looked at Dumbledore and nodded. The portrait had picked up the flare in the man's eyes when Dumbledore came in.

Salazar looked at him and said "Indeed, now what help do you need from me? If I were to guess Henri, Tom and Lord Marvolo have been kidnapped or in some way abducted by the new dark lord who has appeared."

"How do you know that?" Harold asked looking at the portrait suspiciously.

Salazar gave Harold a condescending look and said "You come to the Slytherin dorms at almost two in the morning. So there is obviously an emergency. Emergencies usually fall into few categories, medical being the most common. However I do not think it would be medical because then you would not come to me. The only reason you would seek me out is for having a talent you could not get elsewhere. The only talent I have that is very rare is being a parselmouth. However Henri, Tom and Lord Marvolo are also parselmouths and are obviously not available to you.  Therefore the emergency is obviously about them and I do not know of any medical emergency that may befall all three that requires a parselmouth. It is therefore probably something not medical and kidnapping is a viable option.  While I am a portrait I am in fact well aware of things that are happening outside. I also well aware of the relationship between the new dark Lord and the current Head of the noble and most ancient house of Slytherin.  It was an obvious conclusion."

Severus nodded but then said "you are very close but there is a twist. Mofin has locked us out of Willow Castle and has used parselmagic to change the wards so now none can enter."

Salazar looked at Severus and after a minute of thinking Salazar said "the wards of a manor should not reject the owner... unless you are not the owner?"

Severus shook his head and said "Henri is."

Salazar looked at him and asked "Where is this castle?"

Severus smiled and "about fifteen miles south east from here." Severus then gave the latitude and longitude of Willow castle and Salazar smiled knowingly.  Severus then told him "We have a beautiful serpentarium, it is just to the side of the secret vault with intertwining snakes."

Salazar smiled and said "I would like to see how it looks."

Severus smirked and said "I could show you tonight but first you have to help me break the wards."

Salazar considered it and said "If I am right about you, you can take me down and carry me to the gateway. I am going to be honest, I am not an expert in runes and wards, that was Rowena's specialty but there is a way of getting into the grounds without breaking the wards."

Severus considered it and it was obvious he was trying to figure it out and then Salazar said "Did you ever meet Rani?"

Severus' eyes widened and said "Are you out of your mind old man. Obviously the millennium has addled your idiotic and deranged magical mind." Severus went on a rant until Salazar put up his hand.

"If you take me with you she will obey" Salazar said.

Fisher looked at Severus' panic, he had a feeling he knew who Rani was, he said "I cannot guarantee she will not be seen."

"It is early in the morn, very few are up far less out of their homes. We can leave from the forest. It is only fifteen miles, we can reach within the hour" Salazar said.

There was a beep and Fisher took out his communicator. Severus heard the Unspeakable Fisher put in charge say that there was a loud explosion coming from the castle second floor a short while ago. This call triggered a reminder that his family was trapped in the castle. Severus nodded his head and Fisher looked at him and said "Are you sure?"

Severus nodded "Yes, we planned to transfer her sometime anyway. Now is a good a time."

Fisher nodded and said "I will ensure the way is clear. Salazar I am putting great trust in you." The portrait nodded.

.........

Harry, Fenrir and Tommy sat in the vegetative region of the chamber. Tommy was sitting alone on one side and Harry and Fenrir sat on the other.  Fenrir looked at Harry who was patting the baby phoenix in his hand and said "Why are you not talking to your brother?"

Harry glared at him.

Fenrir shook his head. "Since I have known you, every fifth word is Tommy. For most of last term I had to hear how worried you were about your brother. For the last week you were almost crazy with worry; now you are ignoring him."

"He doesn't want me as a brother Fen, he wants his cool Gryffindor friends" Harry said sadly.

Fenrir looked at him "Are you kidding me, every two words out of his mouth is Harry or my brother or my brother Harry."

"That was pre-Hogwarts now... he lied to me, he doesn't trust me, he..."

"He is scared and alone and thinks you hate him" Fenrir said. Harry looked at him and Fenrir tapped his nose "I could smell his fear and his despair, he is also crying."

Harry looked at his brother who sat all alone on the other side, part of him wanted to go to him the other part was angry at him.

Fenrir sighed and said "Did I ever tell you why I am not with my family, the real reason?"

Harry looked at him "I thought your parents kicked you out?"

"Actually yes and no" Fenrir said and then took a deep breath. "I too had a brother, like you and Tommy, we were close really close; we were eleven months apart not even a full year. We did everything together. Then that night I wanted to play a prank on old Mr Harris, who was this old cranky guy who lived in the woods about a mile out from our estate. My brother told me it was a bad night and he had this really bad feeling, he made me promise that I would not go, I promised but..."

"You did not listen" Harry said.

Fenrir shook his head "No I didn't. What I did not know was that Mr. Harris was a werewolf... my brother he realised I had gone and followed me. Mr. Harris bit me and would have killed me but my brother he... he used himself as bait and ran off and Mr. Harris ran after him. My brother shouted for me to get away and to call our father. I did and my father and uncle went... they found him half eaten. They killed the werewolf but it was too late my brother was dead. My father kept saying that I should have been the one to die, that if my brother had not gone after me he would be alive. My brother was my father's first born and my uncle who was my mother's brother suggested that I had tricked my brother so I would be heir. That month was the worst month of my life. When I turned the next moon, the people on the estate tried to hunt me and I ran, my father did not join them but he did not stop them... my uncle led the group."

"You did not go back after that first full moon" Harry said.

"Yes I did actually as I really did not remember much but when I saw my uncle with the knife it came back to me. My mother did not come but she sent a loyal house-elf to help me pack a few things and she sent a portkey that took me a forested area outside of London. I do not blame her; I know she did it so I would be safe."

"I am sure your dad was just grieving, I am sure he loves you" Harry said sympathetically.

"I don't know but Harry, the first two months I did not love me. I wanted to kill myself. I was grateful when your family took me in. I don't know if you remember the first week I was here. Tommy let the snake lose at dinner and Marcus fainted and there was so much panic."

"He wanted to see if you were scared of snakes" Harry said.

"Yeah but your dad thought it was you, since it was your little Mamba and he spanked you" Fenrir said.

Harry looked at him "And?"

"And when I asked you why you didn't squeal on your brother you said that is what brothers did for one another.  I asked you if you weren't angry and you said no and that no matter what crazy thing Tommy did you would always love him and look out for him. I asked you if it was something so terrible that he would get the dementor's kiss and you said that you loved your brother unconditionally and no matter what he did you would love him and forgive him. You told me about the incident with the broom and how scared you were and how everyone forgave you and still loved you. You told me that you would willingly die for your brother. The thing is Harry, I took your words to heart, it was as if my brother was speaking to me. You and your whole family made me feel like a human being and not a monster. I actually told your dad about what happened and he talked to me and told me about letting the guilt go and all of that. Right now I am scared that there actually is something that you would not forgive your brother for..."

Harry nodded in understanding. Fenrir put his hand on Harry's shoulder and said "I was never given the chance to tell my brother I was sorry. I never got to hear him say he forgave me and that is my eternal burden to bear."

Harry nodded and put the phoenix chick on his shoulder and went over to Tommy who looked up at him in tears. Harry sighed and said "Have you been punished enough."

Tommy cried more and Harry shook his head and opened his arms and his brother launched himself at him. Harry held him tightly. Fenrir looked at the two and nodded.

Both Tommy and Harry felt a pulse in the wards and they looked at each other and then at Fenrir and Jar who had obviously not felt it. Tommy looked at his brother "What was that?"

Harry smiled and said "If I were to guess I would say our cousin has made an appearance."

In the birthing room Thomas held the little baby girl and was cleaning her up. He looked over at Sarah who was desperately trying to heal Luthien who was not doing well. The house-elf Ella was also using a lot of magic and they both knew that the high elf was dying. 

Elros looked on in horror. Misty looked at him and told him to talk with his wife. Elros shook his head but Nimloth told him that the shadow of death was on her. Elros went and held her hand. She looked at him and smiled. Sarah heard them talking and didn't have to know elvish to know that Luthien was telling her husband how much she loved him. Sarah shed a tear, the high-elf was dying and she could not stop it. If she had access to Severus' potions lab or if she could get her to St. Mungo's they would have a chance.

She looked around and sighed. She looked at Thomas and said "I need to get some potions that could save her. Do you think you could help her?"

Thomas gestured to Elros to hold the baby. Elros looked at it frightened; it was so tiny. Luthien said she wanted to hold her but they knew she was too weak. Elros gave a nod and Thomas gave the baby to Luthien and Elros moved behind her and held her and cradled her arms so she could hold the baby.

Nimloth said she would go but Sarah said Severus' private storage cupboard of classified potions would not allow access besides her. She told Nimloth to stay and protect the room. She nodded.

Sarah asked Misty to come with her and the elf nodded. She lowered the wards on the room and she and the house-elf went out and then sealed the room once more. Sarah was immediately set upon by a large German. She went into unspeakable mode immediately. Shadow moved backwards and using a combination of magic known to only Malfoy women and years of skill she leapt onto the wall and almost disappeared in the shadows. The German was at first taken aback but quickly settled and cast a lumos to dispel any shadows but as soon as the light was cast the woman was on him and his scream was heard all along the corridors.

Morfin heard the scream and sneered. He looked at his body guards Klaus and Hort and told them to be on guard. Morfin knew his father was near. "[Where are you old man are you going to let women and children fight your battles? I am here to claim what is rightfully mine]"

Marvolo walked out "[The only thing rightfully yours is a swift kick in the arse]."

Klaus sent a dark magic hex at Marvolo who moved swiftly and dodged it. Marvolo moved like a snake and in a shocking move, turned into one and struck the German Klaus. Using his tail snapped the man's neck and turned back into a human once more. He used the body of the dead man as a shield against Hort who was now sending dark magic hexes. Marvolo was swift powerful and deadly. Three other Germans came running in and within two minutes two more were dead.

Morfin looked at his father. He had never seen his father fight, he had seen him turn into a snake a few times and except for carving the occasional spoon or bowl or hex he never really did magic. This man in front of him was nothing like the man he remembered. Morfin knew he could not face him and did the only thing he could do and that was run.

Marvolo sneered but continued fighting.  He saw Rudger beside him and they fought back to back.

Morfin ran and saw Reinhart coming towards him. "I have found the room where the elf woman is. I hear a baby."

Morfin stopped and considered the pulse in the wards, he had felt the change in the wards and on his soul. "My heir. Take me to the room."

............

Tommy (with Fawkes on his shoulder), Fenrir and Jar sat looking at Harry who was showing them one of the parselmagic katas that he had created. They all felt the ground shake. Tommy, Fenrir and Jar immediately stood up. Tommy and Fenrir pulled out their wands.

Harry had his wand out and then threw himself in front of his brother as a large basilisk came out of the ‘river' that flowed through the room. Fenrir screamed and Jar cast a shield around them all. They all looked and saw the creature's eyes were white and not yellow as they had learnt in the books; yellow eyes meant instant death.

Tommy was the first to notice the two wizards on top of the giant snake's back. "DAD!"

Harry looked and saw his dad and Uncle John on the snake's back; both had bubblehead charms over their heads. He heard parseltongue and saw his dad had the shrunken portrait of Salazar Slytherin in his hand. Both wizards removed their bubbleheads and jumped off the snake's back.

Harry, Tommy, Fenrir and Jar all spoke at once and John put up his hand. "I can't understand what you are all saying. You have to speak one at a time."

Severus scoffed and said "Morfin and ten Germans attacked the compound. Marvolo and Rudger and the other elves have gone to hunt them. The snakes have been released and hunt the intruders. Harry and Karina killed a large half giant who had taken Tommy hostage. And Marvolo has them hiding in here which is the emergency room."

Salazar said "And from what Henri said, I have a new heir."

John looked at Severus in amazement. Severus chuckled and said "Teaching gives you skills you can't learn anywhere else. Come on. Boys I want you to remain here."

John shook his head. "I need Harry to drop the wards around the house. The Aurors and Unspeakables would be able to get in."

"With the snakes guarding, any strangers to the castle would be attacked. The snakes would not know the Aurors, only Harold and Edgar. The unspeakables would be safe" Severus said.

"I could go and warn them. I am really good at swimming and obviously you got in through the river and lake. I could go out that way and warn them" Fenrir said.

John and Severus looked at him and John nodded "Get to Harold Potter and Edgar Bones and give them my message." John pulled Fenrir aside.

Severus turned to his sons who were looking at the Basilisk. Tommy was patting the giant snake and talking to it obviously introducing himself and Fawkes.  "Harry you will go with your Uncle John and I want you to listen to him. Do not do any heroics."

Harry nodded and said "You can count on me Dad."

Severus looked at Tommy and said "Little cobra you are with me." Tommy hugged his dad who said "Don't think I have forgotten your disobedience little cobra. When we are finished hunting your uncle and his friends, we are going to have a very long talk."

Tommy sighed but held his dad tightly. They heard a muffled "yes and I will also have words for you, my heir". Tommy pulled away and looked at the shrunken portrait and nodded.

They heard a splash and saw Fenrir in the river. They saw him dive under the water. John looked at them "Let's go, Harry you are with me." Severus held Tommy and flew up to Rani's shoulders and they slithered off. John nodded and he, Harry and Jar ran behind the snake.

........

Fenrir swam to the surface and as soon as he hit air he removed the bubble head charm. He swam to the shore and then ran to the manor gateway. He saw the large crowd in front. He saw Harold Potter and Edgar Bones and the unspeakables some of whom he recognised by scent. He then froze when he saw a tall blond elf and what looked like an army of high elves in battle armour. The blond was arguing with Harold and an unspeakable who Fenrir knew was Damien Bones. Fenrir saw the elf Cirdan and relaxed a bit. He ran to them.

.......

Morfin and Reinhart killed about ten snakes going to the room. If there was anything Morfin knew to do was kill snakes. Reinhart took him to the room that was heavily warded. Morfin immediately started to draw the runes that Parkinson had taught him. It would overturn any of the wards on the room. It took him a few minutes but the door opened.

He stepped aside and Reinhart moved forward. The elf battle maiden was on them in seconds. She fought Reinhart. Morfin looked in and saw the elf Elros standing in front of Luthien and a baby. Morfin could feel the strong magic coming from the baby. He laughed "Yes finally an heir worthy of the great and noble Salazar. With you my child we will conquer the world."

"[Yes the child is worthy of me but you will never get your unworthy hands on her]" a voice said.

Morfin spun around and saw the large Basilisk. On top of the snake was the man Reiner and his nephew Tom. In Reiner's hand was a portrait of a stern looking man in green and silver. Morfin had never seen the portrait before but he instinctively knew that it was Salazar Slytherin.

"[My Lord Slytherin, you have come to me, join me and together we your heirs can control the world. All will bow before us]" Morfin said.

"[I have heard of your evil Morfin Gaunt and I want nothing to do with your schemes or your ploys. You are a shame and have only brought disgrace to the name of Slytherin]" Salazar said.

Morfin hissed an angry curse and then said "[I am Lord Todeskrieger. I am better than you old man, I will burn your portrait and I will claim my heritage. I will be greater than you ever imagined and everyone will bow down to me.]" Morfin then sent the only curse he knew to cast and the emerald green curse went to the Basilisk.

Everything happened in a second. Morfin sent his killing curse. Tommy screamed and cast a parselmagic shield which covered the snake. Severus jumped off the snake sending his own attack, which hit Morfin. A large snake which Severus knew was Marvolo attacked Morfin. The man screamed but Severus realised it was not from his attack or from Marvolo. They all turned and saw the long silvery blade sticking out of the man's stomach. They looked and saw Elros standing behind Morfin, his hand on the hilt of the elven blade.

Severus nodded and quickly went to the high-elf prince's side. Marvolo still in his snake form, moved to his son. Morfin fell to the floor and was bleeding profusely from his stomach and from his leg where Marvolo had bitten him.  Morfin looked at the snake and said "[Daddy save me]".  His words were gargled as blood poured from his mouth.

Marvolo looked at him and said "[For all my grandchildren you murdered you will burn in hell for all eternity]". Marvolo used his tail and snapped his son's neck.

Severus nodded and looked around, he knew Reinhart was dead.  The Battle Maiden Nimloth was badly injured but sat in a corner in the corridor.  Salazar hissed and Marvolo turned back into his human form. Marvolo told them that all of the Germans were dead. Severus nodded and looked at the elf princess who was bleeding.  Thomas was frantically trying to save her. He went to them. Ella now had the little baby in her hand and quickly told Severus what was happening. Severus looked at Marvolo and said to find Sarah and Misty.

He called Tommy who jumped off the snake's back. He handed the portrait to Tommy. Ella gave the baby to Elros who hesitated. The house-elf looked at him and said "It is either you or the boy."

Elros looked at Tommy who had just dropped the portrait frame that was hissing angrily at being dropped. He took the baby. Ella went to Severus side. He was casting spells on Luthien. Sarah came running in the room with Misty around the same time Tommy felt the wards dropping.

Marvolo directed the Basilisk in the direction of the front door.

Sarah, Severus and Ella worked tirelessly. Thomas kept wiping the Princess' face and looked on at the magic being used. The potions Sarah brought helped the Princess and stopped her bleeding but they knew it was not enough. Severus looked at her and said "She needs blood immediately, she has lost too much."

"She would not be able to get human blood it must be elven" Sarah said.

"High elven" Ella added immediately.

"I would gladly give her" Elros said.

"The amount she would need, if you give her, you may not be able to remain as husband and wife" Sarah said.

Elros said "I do not care, her life is more important." Severus immediately took a vial of blood and tested it.

He shook his head "Your blood would not be able to sustain her."

"One from her own tribe?" Ella suggested. Severus nodded.

Tommy looked on and said "Nimloth or Rudger."

"Nimloth is injured she would die."

"Perhaps I could be of assistance" a deep voice said.

Elros turned and bowed "Prince Elendur."

Severus nodded "Yes perfect sit." Severus explained to Sarah and Thomas that Elendur was Luthien's brother.

Sarah smiled and said that magic had a way of directing fate. Severus scoffed but tested the Prince's blood and said it matched. Thomas immediately told Ella and Sarah what he would need and Ella popped out and Sarah transfigured items to what they needed.

John, Harold and Edgar stood at the door. John went to take the baby from Elros but he shook his head. John then directed Tommy out of the room and closed the door.

Harold and Edgar looked at the dead body of the Dark Lord on the ground and nodded. Rudger came in with Cirdan and dutifully stood in front of the door.  A high-elf healer came and was allowed in the room. Another went and collected Nimloth who was also damaged.

Fifteen minutes later Marvolo came in and told Harold and Edgar that all of the snakes including the Basilisk were secured in the serpentarium or in the Basilisk's case its room. Edgar nodded and Harold went to collect the Aurors, though they were no longer needed. Damien and Daniel came in and told their father that they had collected the bodies of ten Germans. One they told him in horror was wrapped in a large dead boa. Marvolo nodded and said "Karina."

Severus came out and said that the blood transfusion went well and it would just be a matter of time and will. The men nodded. Marvolo then looked at Severus and said "Can I meet my granddaughter now."  Severus smiled and nodded and went back inside. Elros came out and handed the baby girl to Marvolo.

Marvolo looked at the baby and smiled. It was obvious it was Morfin's child as the baby's ears were not pointed. She however (thankfully) looked like her mother. Marvolo smiled "Yes my little one, you are my blood, I smell my blood and magic in you. You are a powerful little hatchling aren't you." He smiled and looked at Elros. "Have you decided on a name?"

Elros smiled and said "I am waiting on Luthien but maybe Alassiel or Vanglirtana or Miriel."

Marvolo looked at the baby and said "Miriel, I like that one."

Elros nodded and said "It means Jewel. Miriel Elendur, Jewel of the Elf Realm."

Marvolo looked at Elros and said "Is she going to be Miriel Elendur or Miriel Gaunt?"

Rudger and Cirdan looked at Elros. The Prince took the baby from Marvolo and said "Miriel Aranel Elendur." Rudger and Cirdan both went on their knees. Elros looked at Marvolo and said "She is the Princess Jewel of the Elf Realm."

............

Harry, Tommy and Fenrir came out of the kitchen where their Uncle John had made them something to eat and was now trying to direct them to bed. Tommy looked at Harry who stopped and looked out at the living room.

‘What is it Harry?' Tom's voice said in Harry's mind.

Harry looked at the dark robed spectral creature that hovered over the bodies of the dead Germans. The creature looked at Harry and bowed. It disappeared. The tiny phoenix on Harry's shoulder trilled.

Harry looked at Tom and shook his head. "Nothing little brother. Let us see if Cal and Jar could find the sleeping bags, we could all camp out in my room tonight."

Fenrir scoffed "Tell Jar to see if he finds any earmuffs. I would never get to sleep with Tommy's loud snores."

Tommy looked at him and said "I do not snore and its Tom. At least I don't wake up with dog breath."  Fenrir growled.

Harry laughed and said "Or snake breath, did you smell the breath on that Basilisk."

"Well I don't think it brushes Harry" Fenrir said and the three boys laughed.

John shook his head as he watched the three boys and thought that the future was going to be good.

 

To be continued...