Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:

Disclaimer: J.K. owns Harry Potter, not me.

This story was inspired by a dream I had. I get really odd dreams. Enjoy.

Snape on a Bus

Harry sighed heavily as he, his adoptive brother Draco, and adoptive sister Angel sat in the sitting room. They were probably all thinking the same thing, which was how bored they were. Harry and Draco had already finished up with all their schoolwork for the week, and Angel was too young for such things. The two fifth-years had already scrapped the ideas of playing Wizard's chess and Exploding Snap since they usually played that when they ended up this bored.

"What if—"

"Did that last week," drawled Draco before running a hand through his silver blond hair.

"Okay, but what about—"

"Probably did it some other time," his adoptive brother replied. "Face it, little brother. We've already done anything worth doing. Well, I suppose we haven't played a good pickup game of Quidditch lately, but—"

"What about that, though? I mean, you could ask Blaise, Theo, and I don't know possibly Millie. Well, I mean, does she even play?" Harry caught Draco's snort. "What? It's not like I know the inner workings of Slytherin."

"I could play," said the small girl with blond ringlets.

"Yeah, and Severus could slaughter us then afterwards, too," Draco quipped.

"Not if we don't tell him," argued Harry.

"Oh, yeah, sure, like Severus won't know this one, little brother."

The portrait that guarded the room then opened, permitting two people entrance. The first person was a witch with thick curly dark hair and midnight blue robes. The witch's black boots clicked loudly against the stone floor as she made her way across the sitting room towards the trio on the sofa. The second was a wizard with shoulder length black hair, wearing black flowing robes. His heavy boots thudded as he followed closely behind.

"Won't know what?" the man asked with a hardened expression. His dark eyes remained on the trio for a few moments before scoffing. "I see then. Then you'll have to forgive me, but no."

"But, Dad," whined Harry.

"But nothing, Harry," he replied gruffly. "However, if you wish to remain with your first idea, I shall allow that. However, under no circumstances will I ever allow my four-year-old daughter to play Quidditch. Is that understood?" Both young men nodded in response. "That being said, you should perhaps gather your things and inform your friends before heading to the Quidditch pitch. I will not allow either of you to break curfew because of that silly game."

"Awesome," Harry cheered, standing up before hugging his adoptive father. He nearly laughed when the man automatically stiffened. The messy-haired fifth-year Gryffindor then glanced towards his brother. "You'll talk to Blaise, Theo, and whoever else, while I go get Ron and the twins?" He smiled openly when Draco inclined his head. Harry then rushed off towards his room before blurring out of the rooms, calling over his shoulder, "Meet you in ten."

~SB~

Twenty minutes later, four Gryffindors were facing off against four Slytherins. The Slytherins, unfortunately, were winning. Though, no one was really keeping track of the score to be honest. It was just a nice game between two Houses that didn't hate each other, or so they lied to themselves and thought. There were a few jabs about House affiliation, but mostly just good clean fun.

Harry's little adoptive sister Angel watched in the stands, sitting in between her parents. The young girl was practically leaping with joy, much too her father's dismay. As her brothers zoomed past her in efforts to reach the Golden Snitch first, she started to vibrate in her seat with sheer glee, clapping and cheering loudly. Hands suddenly then wrapped around the small girl's waist pulling her back from the edge when she started to get a bit too close for comfort.

"Sit and stay, sweetheart," Angel's mother gently scolded. Her mother then glanced towards her father. "Severus, are you even paying attention?"

"Of course I'm paying attention," he snapped, glancing at his wife.

"And the reason you didn't grab Angel was why?"

"Grab her? Why would I grab her? She's perfectly content on the bench there."

"Dear Merlin, Severus," she huffed. "You're thinking about that damn potion again, aren't you?"

"Unlike you, I can do two things at once, Aurora."

"Not if it involves you and your mistress, you can't."

Suddenly, the little girl went completely still. Her dark eyes glanced towards the sky. Dark clouds in the distance slowly were moving in. A storm was definitely brewing out there on the horizon, and it looked to be a fierce one at that. She couldn't really explain it, but she knew they needed to go. Her parents were still arguing about something above her. However, she quickly grabbed her parents' sleeves and tugged on them hard.

"Can we go back to the castle now?" she asked hesitantly.

"Why, sweetheart?" her mother softly spoke before brushing back a few stray curls.

"Cause something bad is gonna happen, Mommy," the little girl replied with big brown puddles for eyes. She burrowed her face then in her father's side. He was her strength. He was practically everyone's strength in times of need.

"Then perhaps we should head back to the castle. After all, we've indulged them long enough to last a lifetime," her father spoke, putting a comforting hand on the little girl's back.

"Admit it," his wife growled. "You don't give a damn about why your daughter wants to go back. You only want to go back to test out your goddamn potion." When he didn't deny it, she glared at him. "For one damn day, you are going to sit here next to me and watch your sons play Quidditch. Your stupid potions can wait that long. Dammit, you're going to spend time with your family or so help me, I will hex your goddamn nose off. Got it?"

Angel glanced up at her dad. He didn't seem fazed by her mother's words or anger at all. She then glanced back towards the darkening skies. The feeling in her tummy soon became worse. They had to leave and preferably now rather than later. She was just about to tug on her dad's sleeve again when she heard her brothers shouting that they're going to end the game earlier due to the weather.

Lightning, however, streaked the sky close to Draco, causing the blond to make a sudden dive towards the field. Just barely, the silvery blond made it. A loud sound like metal hitting metal then echoed towards the stands. Strange sounds of motors revving off in the distance filled the air.

"What in the world?"

"Dad, there's…well…there's a blue Ram at the gate," Harry shouted from where he hovered. "Oh MY—Dad, it just crashed into the front gate and is heading this way."

"Ram, what in the nine hells is an animal ramming against the front gate for?"

"Not a ram as in an animal—never mind, just move, Aurora!" he snapped, gripping her arm and yanking her to follow him. More sounds of engines revving reverberated around the Quidditch stadium. Severus carried his daughter in his left arm down the numerous stairs. This was his worst nightmare come true, losing his family this way. Shaking his head, he pushed his fears away. He'd deal with this later when everyone was safe and back at the castle.

"Dad, what's…is that a bus?"

"It appears to be so." Severus's eyes narrowed on the large yellow contraption heading towards them from the direction of the school. "However, I doubt Albus is barmy enough to think that death contraption shall protect us."

"We could—never mind," muttered Draco as more lightning lit up the sky. "Brooms are out."

The Gryffindors and Slytherins followed Severus towards one of the buses. However, their eyes widened when he motioned for them to get on one. The students glanced at him, along with his wife.

"You have to be joking. I'm so not getting on one of those things."

"This isn't up for discussion," he snapped. "Get in there." His voice was deadly and cut ice. He knew that they'd follow him or else. Handing his daughter over, he quickly spun around to speak with Dumbledore who was assisting the other students onto the second bus. He soon rushed back towards the first bus before leaping onto the hood and climbing on top of it. Slamming down his knives, he made it so he could hang onto. It was rather crazy to do so, but this required craziness.

"Dad, what the hell are you doing on the roof? Get down from there!"

"Someone has to shout down directions, Harry," he growled. Within seconds, Severus nearly found himself being lurched off the top. His hands slammed down onto the handles, and he gripped them with all the strength he had. "Who the hell is driving this thing?"

Inside the bus, Harry sat death gripping the back of seat in front of him. To say his nerves were in frenzy was an understatement. He could hear Draco attempting to calm Angel down beside him. This was his fault. This was his fault that his dad was—

"Harry, you all right?" asked Fred quietly.

"No," he replied. He caught the others on the bus. Neville sat with Luna. Seamus Finnigan and Lee Jordan sat together. Hermione was with Ron behind Harry. Blaise and Theo sat together with Harper sitting with Ginny. Riding towards the front was strangely enough Hagrid, McGonagall, and Remus. Harry wasn't quite sure how they got the half-giant onboard.

Gravel flew wildly behind the bus, kicking it back towards the second bus. Dust surrounded the area and was practically everywhere. A red Chevy Camaro and a blue Dodge Ram followed closely behind the second bus. Green jets of light whizzed past, narrowly missing Severus a half a dozen times. One of the spells then slammed hard into a trailing Dodge charge that instantly split in half. Loud cackling echoed around.

"LeStrange," cried Neville as he whirled around.

"What's wrong, Neville?"

The Gryffindor's eyes were hard as he glared at the witch in the Camaro cackling with a wide and sickening smile plastered on her face. He drew his wand. He was going to take her down…for his parents. That witch was going to learn that no one messes with a Longbottom. Hands suddenly reached around and grabbed the young Gryffindor, pulling him back.

"It's not worth it, Neville," Angel softly spoke, staring at him with big brown eyes.

Neville stared back at her, but glanced away. He couldn't do it. He couldn't just let the witch who destroyed his life get away with it, not again. She was supposed to be in Azkaban. Whatever happened to that promise anyway? Drawing in a breath, he decided it was time that everyone saw who Neville Longbottom really was. He stood up and began shouting.

"Enough is enough!" Eyes instantly darted towards the Gryffindor. "I've had it with this motherfucking—SNAPE!" he screeched when the man suddenly apparated into the bus. "Um…on this…" Neville then glanced down at the floor, still clutching his wand. "Motherfucking bus," he said a bit softer. The man that scared the hell out of him only stood there with his arms folded across his chest. Drawing in another breath, Neville attempted to regain control of his emotions. Just because the man was currently glaring at him, it didn't mean that the man was going to murder him in front of everyone. Regaining his second wind of bravery so to speak, Neville loudly and proudly said, "Everybody, strap in. I'm about to open some freaking windows."

Unfortunately, due to Neville's shocking outburst, none of the bus's occupants noticed the second bus disappear. The Camaro and Ram started to get closer and closer, however, which they did notice. Their collective hearts started to beat faster as the adults stood up and drew their wands. The young bravado who had been shouting loudly in the presence of a four-year-old squeaked when he caught their wands.

"Indeed, Mr. Longbottom," growled Severus before he pushed the young man aside.

More dark spells shot towards the bus. One clipped the side, ripping off a piece of steel. The students immediately screamed at this and huddled together. They were all going to die. Angel's two brothers held her close as her mother joined her father near the back of the bus. Green upon green slammed against the bus, crackling and disintegrating more of the bus.

Angel's mother whirled around before rushing towards the front to speak with the driver. The little girl suddenly watched her mother's hands grab the driver's robes. She had never seen her mother so upset before. Her hands grabbed her brothers' before she sniffled. She was scared, really scared.

"I don't give a flying Hippogriff if you do think it's unsafe, Dolores, you WILL go down that damn road or I'll break every one of your kitty plates slowly...and make your sickening puked up pink into ribbons. Do you understand?" A green wave then overtook Angel's line of sight before darkness.

The young girl found herself in bed in the dungeons as she woke up. That was the scariest dream she had ever had in her short life. She shook her head before grabbing her blanket and teddy bear and headed towards her brothers' room. She found her brothers in their separate beds and decided to choose Draco to snuggle up with tonight. That was the last time she was ever having lemon drops before bed.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading. :D