Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

A Lesson Plan

That evening, Harry found himself in Dumbledore's office, along with Draco, Ron, and Hermione. They had come to see !Severus! and !Remus! off so the two could return to their own time for the week.

"Before you leave, !Severus!, Remus," Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling brightly. "We have something to settle. We do not need a replacement for you, !Severus!, as we have Professor Rosethorn, but we do need one for !Remus!. Unfortunately, we do not have any spare teachers at the moment, so we'll have to ask one or two students to fill in for the week. So !Remus!, who are the best students in your dueling class?"

"Most of the students are excellent," !Remus! replied calmly, "But clearly, the best students are Harry, and Severus. The younger Severus," he clarified, seeing the confused look Ron shot him.

!Severus! looked up in surprise at the compliment, but didn't say anything. He did however, as Harry noticed, have a pale, reddish tinge on his cheeks.

"Excellent choices, I must say," Dumbledore said, a smile clearly showing his delight. "I will notify Mr. Snape of this after he leaves. Now, if there is nothing else, I believe it is time."

!Severus! and !Remus! each hung the Portkey pendants they had recieved around their necks before stepping back. !Remus! whispered the activation password as with a brilliant flash, he disappeared. !Severus! leaned forward and quickly pulled his surprised son into a hug before doing the same.

Harry smiled at this unexpected display of emotions, a warm feeling in his heart to know that his father cared.

"Now," Dumbledore said. "Draco, Hermione, and Ron, you are now dismissed. Harry, would you be able to grab Severus Snape for me from his Charms class?"

Harry nodded. "Of course, sir, I'll be right back." With that, he left the room, heading in the direction of the Charms classroom.

---SEVERUS' POV---

I was sitting in Charms class, listening to Professor Flitwick ramble on about our new charms project. To my surprise, my partner turned out to be Lily Evans from Gryffindor. Although the girl was muggleborn, she was obviously one of the top students in the school, also being this year's Head Girl. I had to admit, she looked extremely beautiful with her dark red hair and emerald green eyes.

Just then, there was a soft knock on the door, and in stepped, to my surprise, Harry Darkice.

"Yes, Mr. Darkice?" Professor Flitwick asked, looking at him.

"I have a note here from Professor Dumbledore, requesting that you excuse Severus Snape for the rest of the class."

I just managed to keep my surprise off of my face. Why would Dumbledore want me?

I quickly followed Harry as Flitwick excused me from class. As we stepped outside, I turned to the Gryffindor. "What's going on, Darkice? Why does Dumbledore want me?"

"The name's Harry, Severus. As for Dumbledore, you'll have to find out yourself."

I grumped under my breath as we walked towards Dumbledore's office. Raising a hand, I was about to knock when a familiar voice came from inside.

"Come on in, Harry, Severus."

How did he do that anyways?

As we seated ourselves before the Headmaster, Dumbledore turned to us with that infuriating twinkle of his in his azure blue eyes.

"Thank you, Harry," he said before turning to me.

"Severus, whether or not you realize, Professor Longnight has had to leave us for the week for personal reasons."

I inclined my head slightly to acknowledge the comment.

"Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a subsitute for the week. When I asked, however, Professor Longnight stated that you and Mr. Darkice were clearly the best students in the class. Therefore, I would like the two of you to take over his lessons for the week."

I gaped at the man before me, wondering if the old wizard had finally lost his marbles. Me? Teach? He had to be kidding.

Before I could protest, Dumbledore continued. "You and Harry are excused from going to class today. Dueling Club will start first thing tomorrow morning, however, so you must have the material ready by tonight .I apologize for the short time limit. Any questions?"

Hell, did I have questions? Of course I did! Before I could speak, however, a voice cut in.

"Don't worry, Professor, we're fine. We start planning right away."

"Excellent, excellent. You may go."

I glared at Harry, anger beginning to form inside me. How dare the two of them manipulate me like this! Adreline pulsing through my blood, I barely held back my fury as I followed Harry out of the office.

The second we stepped out of the door, I turned upon the Gryffindor.

"Why the hell did you agree to that, for heaven's sake? Of all of the idiotic things you could have done, you moron.... I mean teach? Don't tell me you have a single CLUE where to st art with this. The dare you do this to me? You damn, inconsiderate dunder----"

"ENOUGH!"

I froze suddenly as I saw the firery fire blazing in those emerald orbs. I suddenly recalled the words that had just come out of my mouth. Did I really just say that out loud?

"How could you?" His voice was barely a whisper, but it was getting louder by the second. "How could you say such a thing? It should be an honour that Professor Lupin recommended us as subsitutes...... But I guess even a compliment is an insult to the great Severus Snape, isn't it?" His voice was laced with sarcasm as his hands balled into fists. I edged away from him, but he continued without mercy.

"I thought you were better than that, Severus. Why can't you just be a bit more considerate?"

His green eyes were spitting fire as they pierced through mine.

I knew what I should say, but some part of me held the words back. Apologies did not come easily to me, and I always felt uncomfortable doing so. But the situation seemed crutial.

I finally forced the words out.

"I'm sorry."

And in a way, I was. As much as I hated to admit it, I now realize that the way I had reacted earlier was ... unreasonable, to asy the least. I sighed as I continued.

"I shouldn't have reacted like that. I hope you accept my apology."

I looked up and watched as Harry took a deep breath, as if visibly trying to calm himself. When he spoke again, he seemed to have accepted my words, albeit his words were still a bit cold.

"Apology accepted, Severus. Just remember to think before you speak next time."

Normally, I would have blown up again at the words. Who did he think he was, trying to lecture me on what I should do? But there was something different about this sitation: those forest-green eyes seemed to look right through me, ripping away my shields and showing my vulnerability. I found myself nodding and going along.

I detected a slight hint of surprise in his expression before he spoke again.

"All right then. Lesson starts tomorrow so we'll have to start planning right away. How about this: you go to your dorm and get what you need and I'll do the same. I'll meet you here in ten minutes."

I nodded. "That's sounds acceptable. I'll be going." With that, I swept out of the room, my mind still in a whirlstorm at the quick succession of events that had just happened.

I was almost at my dorm when I realized that Harry had called Professor Longnight Professor Lupin.

SEVERUS' POV- continued

Ten minutes later, I found myself back in the hall I had been in earlier. The second Harry saw me, he told me to follow him and started off towards the seventh floor corridor.

"Where are we going?" I demanded to know.

"The Room of Requirement," the boy said easily. "It'll be easier to plan there."

"Room of Requirement?" I was puzzled. "What's that?"

Harry turned to me in surprise. "You don't know what it is?" Seeing my scowl, he quickly clarified. "It's a room on the seventh floor that allows you to have anything you need. People normally find it by accident, but are never able to find it again."

I turned to the Gryffindor with a suspicious look on my face. "How do you know about it then?"

"Me?" Harry tried to hide the surprised look on his face, but I caught it anyways. "Er... Professor Dumbledore told my father about it, and he told me."

Something told me that he wasn't being entirely truthful.

Finally, we stepped into a small room at the end of the corridor. I failed to hide my surprise as I entered. Two couches were in the middle of the room with a small table in between. Ink, parchment, and quill lay on the tables while all types of DADA books lined the shelves.

"Severus," Harry said, turning to me with a slight smile on his face. "Welcome to the Room of Requirement."

---Two hours later...---

"Done," Harry said, putting down his quill, satisfaction written on his face. Before us lay a piece of parchment, listing the things we would teach. We would have five days to teach, three classes each day, but we would teach the same thing all day. That meant we only had to think up five subjects to teach of.

I eyes scanned the paper once again as I reread what we had written.

Day 1: Basic spell review: Hexes, Curses, Jinxs

Useful spells: Inpedimenta, Stupefy, Accio, etc.

Day 2: Boggarts

- Ask HouseElves where they are located.

Day 3: Patronus

- Show patronus

Day 4: Unforgivables

- Demonstration required --> Permission from Prof. Dumbledore

Day 5: Review of week

I gaped in shock as I read the small note under the Unforgivables. Demonstration required? What was he talking about?

When I voiced my question, Harry quickly replied. "I was thinking we could demonstrate the curses on spiders. Show the class why they're called the Unforgivables in the first place."

"I don't think that's a wise idea, Harry. None of the earlier DADA teachers have ever done that before. What makes you think that it's going to work? Besides, it's illegal."

"So? My fourth year DADA professor actually placed the Imperious ON us. And the Headmaster agreed to let him do it. The only thing we need to do is ask Dumbledore." He turned to me. "You DO know how do the Unforgivables, right?"

I shook my head hesitantly. "I've only tried the Imperious and Cruciatus. Not the Killing Curse."

"That's fine, Severus. I'll deal with that one if you want." Harry smiled. "So, we're set. All we have to do is ask Dumbledore and we can start. I'll go ask him now. Do you want to come, or would you rather go back to your dorms?"

I looked at the time. "It's rather late," I said stiffly. "I think I'll retire to my dorms. Good night."

With that, I walked out of the room, many questions tugging at my mind.

Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!