Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit too sappy. I just saw NKOTBSB a couple of days ago and the giddyness is still there. LOL
New Loves

It was morning before Severus realized what had happened the night before. He woke up feeling a little sore and yet refreshed…he felt alive!

He yawned widely then looked down and saw that he was spooning a very beautiful woman. Her skin glistened from their intense coupling. They both had given in and the love they made had been possessive, wild, needy and then relaxed and slow….leisurely.

He’d not had sex as good as that in forever. And loathe that he was to admit it. Not even Artemis had…he trailed off blushing hot.

In the next moment, his eyes widened at the thought of it…they’d had wild unprotected sex. Good as it was…he trailed off again as he looked at the angel that shared his bed.

“No worries Severus.” came a soft voice as Hazel turned over to look at him. "I’m taking a potion and I don’t regret last night at all. I’m a little sore, but I feel really good."

“How did…” Severus trailed off.

“Withes intuition.” I’ve been awake for a few minutes now and I could feel your eyes on me…not to mention other things.” she said chuckling.

"And what of our children? There’s no way to leave here undetected."

"I’m not ashamed of what we did last night. But still, I don’t know what Kelly with think when she finds out that I had sex with her head of house.”

The new lovers were quiet for a several moments as they pondered their predicament.

“What do we have. Sev?”

“Love, comfort and protection. I would not have allowed things to go this far if I didn’t feel it for you.”

Hazel was quiet for a few more minutes. She hadn’t expected those words…and it warmed her to her toes. “I feel the same way…I’ve felt it for you along time now. I just didn’t have the courage to tell you. I’m no Gryffindor.”

Severus smiled a rare smile and kissed her briefly.

"What about the children. They’re sure to have questions. We could always use a disillusionment charm.”

No Sev.” The last thing I’m gonna do is slink out of your bedchamber like I’m ashamed of what we did last night. I’ll put my clothes on and walk out of here. If Kelly has questions then I’ll answer them when the time comes.”

“Don’t leave yet.” Severus said softly.

Hazel smiled softly. “I won’t…I’m way to comfortable.” Grinning, she kissed him.


Ambrosius was the first to wake up. He’d slept peacefully, but just as he yawned and stretched, the memories of his horrific night flashed through his mind making him growl angrily and suddenly he felt dirty and disgusting.

He needed a shower.

And so, he got up, stepped into his slippers, and hurried to the bathroom. Because it was still summer, he had no one to contend with. The hot water would feel good on skin.

At the same moment, as if feeling his brother’s distress, Aubrey also woke up. His stomach was grumbling and he needed the bathroom. As he rose up, he saw Draco sleeping fitfully across from him. The young blonde’s face was slick with a sheen of sweat and his face was scrunched up. Aubrey’s heart constricted with the knowledge of what his friend was going through. This wasn’t the first time and it wouldn’t be the last time.

Aubrey walked over to Draco’s bed and gently shook his shoulder. “Wake up! You’re having a nightmare!”

With a start the young blonde sat up. “Harry?”

“It’s Aubrey now. Harry died 15 years ago.”

Draco shook his head to clear the cobwebs. “Now I’m totally confused.”

“I was stolen the night I was born by James Potter. I’ve been a Snape all along.“

Draco grinned. “That’s wicked!”

Both boys were quiet for a moment. “What about you, Draco? That sounded like a nasty nightmare.”

That sobered the mood immediately. “It was. Moldy Voldy was torturing Mum and then commanded Father to kill me. You woke me up just in time.”

Aubrey’s stomach rumbled loudly causing both boys to grin again. “Fancy a trip to the kitchen, Snape?”

“After you Mal….Dragon.”

“I like that sound of that.”

Both boys departed for the kitchen.


The young half vampire stood under the shower in the prefect’s bathroom. The hot water felt really good on his back but it couldn’t cleanse his soul. He felt the taint on it and it made him feel disgusting.

“Ambrosius, is that you in here?”

The boy startled. "Stella? What are you doing in here? How did you get in the castle?”

"The castle’s magic only applies to dark wizards and creatures. I’m only half a vamp and possess a good spirit, there’s nothing to hinder me. I felt your distress and was pulled in this direction.

“Um..I’m naked, I’m not so sure you should be here. It’s not proper.”

Stella laughed lightly. "No worries, I’m not going to invade your shower. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

“I feel tainted by the blood I drank. I feel disgusting.”

The female vamp was quiet for a moment. “It’s still dark out, maybe we can go to my sire, Darius. If anyone can help us, he can.”

The bathroom was quiet again. “Um….I need my robe.”

With a giggle, the robe was levitated to the other side of the shimmering green curtain and moments later, Ambrosias walked out…blushing furiously.

Stella looked him over appreciatively. She couldn't help but acknowledge that she felt a growing bond between them. She’d only heard of this connection from the other vamps, but for now, she’d keep it to herself.

Once they entered the common room, Stella sat on the couch contently pulling her bare feet underneath her. “I’ll just wait for you here.”

Nodding his head, Ambrosias raced for his room. Once he was in their dorm, he saw to his surprise that his brother wasn’t there and neither was Draco.

Closing his eyes, he concentrated on the link that he shared with his twin and rolled his eyes when he realized that at the moment, Aubrey was stuffing his face in the kitchens and really enjoying himself.

Chuckling, he got dressed.


Severus woke again and frowned. Something wasn’t right. Without waking up Hazel, he got out of the bed, into his dressing robe and slippers and strode out into the common room. He was surprised to find the female vamp sitting quite contently on the couch.

Upon seeing the elder snape, she rose to her feet and swept a curtsey to him.

“Good morning, Sir. I was hoping you’d emerge before we left.”

The potion master frowned. “We?”

“I felt Ambrosias’ distress this morning and came to check on him. He feels tainted by that witch’s blood that he drank. We were going to see my sire. I think he might be able to remove the taint. Ambrosias was going to leave you a note.”

Severus nodded. “I’d hoped he would tell me that himself.”

“With all due respect sir, I don’t think you’d want him to know of your night time activities.”

The potions master looked troubled. “How did you know?”

The members of our coven aren’t quite so discreet about their…escapades. I’ve been a vamp for many years. It didn’t take me long to figure out what was going on. Not that it’s any of my business, sir.” saying this she swept another curtsey to him.

“There’s no need to keep such formalities with me, Stella. Once was enough.”

“As you wish sir.”

“Once my son gets down here, he’s to wait for me. I’m going to go get into proper attire.” then Severus was gone.


Several minutes later, they three of them departed the castle and into the night. They had no trouble finding the coven, they’d taken shelter just inside the tree line of the Forbidden Forrest.

Darius walked toward him and bowed in a genteel fashion. “Welcome Master Severus. How may I serve you.”

“It’s my son. It seems he drank some bad blood. That of a crazed Death Eater. Stella told us that you might be able to help him.”

The Majestic leader nodded and then turned his attention to Ambrosias. I can smell it on you boy. How did you come to choose such a distasteful victim.

Ambrosias told the Elder everything.

“I see. Sometimes a noble act such as this has it’s consequences. It’s not something I’d expect in such a young fledgling.”

“Can you help him?”

“He’s contaminated by dark magic. There is a way to do so, but it’s a drastic method, and it’s normally only done adults and this boy’s not reached his majority yet.”

“You don’t mean…” Severus trailed off and Ambrosias blushed again.

“No! Of course not.” Darius said hurriedly. "I apologize for not being clearer. The most direct way would be to flush his system with blood from a pure source, free of dark magic and given willingly by a loved one. What I meant before was that when Vamps encounter this problem, the blood given is usually drunk directly from the vein of a mate or lover. The love shared by both will burn out the dark magic and remove the taint. The side effect of this is that the drinker will end up imprinting on the source."

Ambrosias was still blushing as he looked at Stella. Even she looked uneasy.

Severus looked at Darius. “Is there no other way?”

He could choose to wait it out, but I cant predict how long that would take.

“What about magic? Or potions?” Severus asked tersely.

"I’m afraid not. The laws that apply to mortals such as yourself would have no effect on creatures like us…not even a half vamp such as your son."

“The blood must be accepted and given willingly. There can’t be any coercion at all.”

While the adults talked. Stella walked forward and took Ambrosias’ hand.

“I felt your distress. Can you feel mine?”

Ambrosias nodded. “I can now. I don’t know what this is, but I can feel it too. I feel something powerful binding us.”

All was quiet then.

"It seems they are already imprinted. It’s a rare occurrence when it happens without blood being drunk."

Severus was speechless as Stella made a tiny cut on her wrist with a fingernail. A thin stream of blood leaked out and she offered it to Ambrosias.

“Freely, I give my blood. Will you accept it?”

Ambrosias could only nod as he latched onto her wrist and drank deeply. As the red liquid was consumed. He could sense the taint leaving him and something else become more concrete. A warmth filled him and overwhelmed him. For several moment’s he drank as the adults looked on and then he could feel his new mate start to pull away. With a great force of will on his part he released his new mate and licked the last of the blood from his lips.

Then he looked into her eyes. Something had changed within them and he knew then that they had imprinted. She was his now.

“What now?” Asked Severus.

They’re imprinted. It’s a unbreakable bond. One day they’ll be mated but for now, they’ll stay close to each other. Believe me, it’ll be torture for them to be parted."

“What of his schooling?”

"He’s still underage and so he’ll abide by your rules and this will go for Stella as well. She’s been wanted to go to school for a while too. This could be a good experience for the both of them.”

It was with this knowledge, that they both, (with Darius’ blessing) returned to Hogwarts.

Aubrey and Draco were there to meet him. The non vamp twin had felt the shift in his twin and looked down to see him holding hands with the beautiful Stella.

“Welcome to the family.”

Chapter End Notes:
I know there wasn't alot of Aubrey in this chapter, but there will be more in the next chapter.

What did you think of this chappie? Please leave a review, they're more encouraging then flames! :D